Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/5/2003 8:12:25 PM EDT
I'll be going to Plymoth MA (later Boston) tomorrow and just driving up there for the hell of it. No real plans. I just want to see some of the sites.

Anyone in MA or along I-95 want to get together?
I will have a few toys with me as well if some shooting can be done.

Let me know if you want my cell#.

Link Posted: 11/5/2003 9:09:33 PM EDT
[#1]
You want to be careful what you bring through Connecticut due to the Asault Weapons ban.  Also in Mass your gun needs to be in a locked container or have a trigger lock.  You can't leave a gun in an unattended vehicle in Mass.  NJ and NY aren't any better. Have a nice trip.  
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 1:45:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Turn up I-91 and head traight to Vermont instead. You can see some nice colors, and start carrying a loaded handgun (in the car) as soon as you cross the border!
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 6:20:15 AM EDT
[#3]
ARgon is giving good advice here!

MA doesn't allow out-of-staters to bring guns/ammo into MA (unless they have a NR LTC) for casual shooting or to keep in the car (unless you're driving thru with no intent to "delay yourself here" under Fed'l law). There are exceptions for attending a match (informal plinking doesn't qualify) or a gun show.

If you are otherwise legal to have firearms with you in MA, YES you can leave them locked in the car (not within reach of anyone in vehicle . . . or locked case in rear of SUV or other vehicle with no trunk). The law about unloaded handguns in unattended motor vehicles (referred to above) was changed in 1998 to specifically allow handguns to be unloaded and locked in an unattended motor vehicle.

I am also unclear if you mean you are here today 11/6 or tomorrow 11/7. I have commitments 11/7, but could be available with some warning today.
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 8:50:33 AM EDT
[#4]
I'll be there later today. and ofcourse tomorrow.

If I have time I will head up to VT.
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 9:12:09 AM EDT
[#5]
If you're ever in Portland, ME shoot me an email.
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 5:00:21 PM EDT
[#6]
You may never want to leave.
Link Posted: 11/7/2003 6:13:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Argon's got it right...Come to VT, and be free!!!
Link Posted: 11/7/2003 11:50:41 AM EDT
[#8]
Hey, I have a pretty full day tomorrow, but I live not far from Plymouth. Will you be around on Sunday, by any chance?

If you are going to be around, I could take you to my club for some shooting. www.hansonrodandgunclub.com
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 4:00:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Ric,

My Friday and weekend ended up a lot busier than I expected. But I did call you and leave a message on your cell phone, as well as called a number of other times without leaving any messages.

Hope you had a good trip up this way and sorry we couldn't connect.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top