Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/30/2003 6:07:27 AM EDT
Hey all,

About 3 weeks ago, my wife and I found this rottie stray standing in the road in front of our house. We've named her 'Allie' because, "we found her in the road." Despite several attempts to locate the original owner we have been unsuccessful.

When we found her she was exhausted and appeared to be very malnourished. So in effect this dog was either wandering for some time....or the worse case, if the owner just lost it - they don't deserve to have her back. She appears to have been bred, and she probably shouldnt have been due to her hips.

My wife is a local veterinary technician, and had taken her to her place of employment where she was given a complete physical, all necessary shots - rabies, distemper etc. My wife has also taken measures to have 'Allie' spayed. The vet states that although her hips arent as bad as first expected, she may have future minor problems with them. Her age is somewhere between 4 and 6 years, currently weighing in at 60lbs. She could add a few, and only until recently has been eating the 'good stuff' we provide

She is extremely well tempered, excellent with my 13 year old daughter and the one male neutered Rottie/Blue Tick Hound. She's a bit of a tugger while walking, but nothing a little training wouldnt cure. We'd keep her, however she doesnt appear to be to fond of cats. Doesnt attempt to 'kill' then so to speak, just is quite rough with them.  We also own a un-neutered male Rottie, and she doesnt take kindly to his attempts at 'courting'.

So, I'm in the Capital District - Albany, Schenectady, Troy. We would be willing to travel to meet any prospective owners anywhere in the NY and VT area.  We've contacted all of the Rottie rescues thoughout the northeast and no one will take her.

Someone, please take this dog and give her a second chance at a real life.  Email me directly at [email protected] or send me an IM or AR mail. Thanks folks!

Here are some pics I took this morning, eyes look a little droopy as we 'ace'd' (sedative) her last night so she could calm down and get some sleep.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top