Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/13/2003 3:02:41 PM EDT
Please give me some ideas for activities in few days stay.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 7:19:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Hey M4,

Welcome up. I'll try to give you a few suggestions.

Maine:
Freeport-LL Beane's giant store. Nice shops
Bar Harbor-shops, Bed n' breakfasts etc.
Ogunquit is a nice beach/resort town. It is a bit touristy these days though.

New Hampshire-
Franconia notch is a beautiful area to drive through. The old man in the moutain was KIA as of this spring but, very scenic. Clark's trading post has bear shows and a small Zoo.I belive there is a flume and some beautiful trails as well.  Sugar Hill Inn is a beautiful spot to stop for the night www.sugarhillinn.com

Lake Winnepesauke/Laconia/Weirs beach
There is an old paddle wheeler called the Mt. Washington that circles the lake. Arcades, restaurants, and also the site of a huge annual motorcycle rally.

Mt Washington.
Mountain that you can drive to the summit(if your car is reliable) and there is a small rail line when weather permits. Weather station at the top. stunning view.

Ruggles Mine:
Haven't been there in years but you could collect specimens and look for mineral deposits. Fun day with good hiking.

My experience in Vt is pretty poor so, I'll hope someone can pick up my slack.

hope that rambling helps some...enjoy the trip
Link Posted: 10/16/2003 4:16:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Check here:

www.gmbsc.pshift.com

If this doesn't work check with

greenmountainpatriot
or
vtdefender
Link Posted: 10/16/2003 4:33:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Don't forget the Kittery trading post in Kittery ME! The gun room is great. where else can you buy a preban and lug it around the store while you shop and tick of the liberals from ma?
(And not get a second look from NH+me folks!)

Make sure to get some clams at the clam shack
next to it too. (kind of pricy but good)

Link Posted: 10/19/2003 10:03:30 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Don't forget the Kittery trading post in Kittery ME! The gun room is great. where else can you buy a preban and lug it around the store while you shop and tick of the liberals from ma?
(And not get a second look from NH+me folks!)

Make sure to get some clams at the clam shack
next to it too. (kind of pricy but good)

If you go to Kettery, say hi to Doc!
Link Posted: 10/19/2003 6:07:03 PM EDT
[#5]
USS Albacore, I think it's in Portsmouth NH
the AAA tourbook was wrong about the days it is open though so I didn't get to go inside

don't forget the Springfield Armory museum if you go through MA
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 2:05:10 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Check here:

www.gmbsc.pshift.com

If this doesn't work check with

greenmountainpatriot
or
vtdefender

www.gmbsc.com

The domain's working now :)
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 2:48:09 AM EDT
[#7]
Duh yea I forgot the armory and I llive 30 mins from it! neat place and not too busy on the week
days.
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 10:54:45 AM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for all the help gents.

I guess I'll just head up to Boston and stop at whatever sparks my interest on the way. I'll probably sleep in my car a few nights and maybe find a way to sneak a shower or two at a YMCA or something but it will be fun.

If I have time I'll head to VT and see how I like it and if I want to call it home next year.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top