Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/7/2003 2:56:45 AM EDT
The Green Mountain Boys shooting club is having a "Pumpkin Popper" MG shoot on Nov. 2nd in Eden, Vermont. Had a great turnout on labor day(about 350 people) and we're hoping for a good shoot in November as well.

Just threw up a webpage you can check out at gmbsc.pshift.com

There is no charge for admission, we're just going to have some fun, make some noise and bust up 4 truckloads of pumpkins

email [email protected] for directions.

Hope to see you there!!

Dress warm ;)

Link Posted: 10/7/2003 6:28:24 PM EDT
[#1]
SWEET...I had a blast at the labor day shoot.  I'll be there!!!!  

Hold on....VTDefender, was that your wife that was selling the shirts?  Were you one of the Range supervisors?  If so, you were standing right next to me during the shoot.  I was the tall guy w/ the ar-15 w/ an ACOG and an FAL.  

I felt like a kid on Christmas on labor day!!!

Is the November shoot at the same location?
Link Posted: 10/8/2003 1:34:51 AM EDT
[#2]
You got it Strudle :)

Same location and everything.

Glad you had fun at our last shoot. We got excellent feedback from all the machinegunners that came. We've also done a lot of work on the range since last time... added more parking and more line space.

We've got a new batch of shirts being printed up too.

The tank's not going to be there this time but there should be a 20mm lahti down on that end of the line!!

Look forward to seeing you there! Make sure to introduce youself when you see us :)
Link Posted: 10/9/2003 1:52:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Better track me down as well, Strudle!! I'll be helping on the line as well as far as I know. Look for the guy yelling a lot w/ the airhorn !
Link Posted: 10/9/2003 2:15:41 PM EDT
[#4]
U can count on it Greenmtn!!

I'll bring the wife as well.  She did not much like the tank last time....so, I wont tell her there will be a 20mm there,  until we arrive

Link Posted: 10/9/2003 4:30:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Any room for some folks from NY?

Ah, can semi rifles show up?

[email protected]

Link Posted: 10/10/2003 3:15:50 AM EDT
[#6]
We've had quite a few semi-autos show up in the past. I'm thinking maybe we'll have a semi-auto shooting table with rotating line positions or something.

Bring your gear!

We'll find a spot for you:)
Link Posted: 10/10/2003 3:17:02 AM EDT
[#7]
BTW.....we're working on some loud little surprises to pack inside some of the pumpkins :-D
Link Posted: 10/11/2003 1:54:23 AM EDT
[#8]
Flour?

Hope you make it over, Dan! We'll have to chat!

I think I'll have to get some shirts with "VTDEFENDER" and "GREENMNTPATRIOT" on the back!
Link Posted: 10/11/2003 3:45:42 AM EDT
[#9]
Hats maybe? :)

I'm heading up to do some more raking and seeding. The firing line has been lengthened and widened so it 100yds wide by 25' deep. Should have more space for shooters this time around. More camping and parking areas have been cleared as well and we have a ton of wood for the bonfire.

The landowner caught someone up there on a 4 wheeler and made him come back with a chainsaw to buck up a bunch of trees we dropped in exchange for permission to ride up there LOL.

We'll take the help any way we can get it :)

I'm bringing the digicam up today so I'll post a picture of the range when I get home.
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 2:36:33 AM EDT
[#10]

This was taken saturday morning. Over the weekend we got the rest of the range down to grade and got half the field raked, seeded and covered with hay :)
Link Posted: 10/16/2003 1:38:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Is there a spot to park a motorhome and can I stay there overnight? If so is anyone else doing this?
Link Posted: 10/16/2003 4:09:54 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
freesites.pshift.net/~vtdefender/images/octrange.jpg

This was taken saturday morning. Over the weekend we got the rest of the range down to grade and got half the field raked, seeded and covered with hay :)

SWEET!
Link Posted: 10/17/2003 2:46:49 AM EDT
[#13]
I hadn't thought about motor homes.... There isn't room to park one at the range itself but there are several log landings on the way up the access road to the range that might work.

I'll check with the land owner tomorrow and see what he thinks.
Link Posted: 10/18/2003 3:31:23 AM EDT
[#14]
I talked to the landowner last night and he said the motorhome's not a problem.

There is a large log landing about halfway up the access road to the range. It'll put you bout a mile from the shooting area.

freesites.pshift.net/~vtdefender/images/range.jpg
Should be finishing up the seeding and haying today!!! I think after this weekend we might be done. Light at the end of the tunnel.
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 5:07:37 AM EDT
[#15]
After a summer of excavating, grading, shovelling and rock picking.....we spent the last three weekends raking, seeding and shaking hay(3-4 people). The field is about 2.5 acres. The distance from the line to the berm is exactly 100 yards and the firing line is 100 yards across.

I'm sooooooo glad this is done, can finally take next weekend to kick back, relax and maybe do a little shooting!

View from the road.....we got a little frost last night.

View from the woodpile......under the mystery boots. We like to tell people the boots belong to the last person who messed with our range   ;)  

The firing line!

:D      :D  

This has been a labor of love but damn am I glad that part is over.

Next we're going to start working on a range control tower and put up the flagpoles.
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 12:40:51 PM EDT
[#16]
VTD,

WOW, that is really nice looking.  I can't wait till 2/Nov! C U there-

Link Posted: 10/22/2003 2:39:22 AM EDT
[#17]
Sounds good strudle!

If all goes well, a buddy of mine might be bringing one of these bad boys!!

THose pumpkins don't stand a chance
Link Posted: 10/23/2003 12:43:10 PM EDT
[#18]
Thanks VTDefender for checking with the land owner. I'm not sure if I'm coming ,but it's good to know I have a place to stay. Any idea how far Eden is from Manchester NH ? Sucks but I have to work Monday.
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 6:26:46 AM EDT
[#19]
I haven't been down to manchester in a long time :)

I looked it up on mapquest and it estimated the drive to be about 3 hours.
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 6:33:49 AM EDT
[#20]
I feel like I got hit by a truck but we're getting there.

Base camp is almost done:

Just need to spread a little more seed and hay and we'll be ready for sunday

It rained like a bastard last week and we found that part of the line was a little too mushy so we bulldozed 50' of it and re-graded and packed it. Also backdragged and packed(with pickup's because no one had a roller) a pretty damn big parking /spectator area.

I spent most of the weekend following the dozer around with a wheelbarrow picking up rocks and moving them over to the woods. Feel like I just come to work to rest and relax these days.

Should have a big tower coming in for range control too.

It'll all be worth it though....when Ma Deuce starts talking this weekend and the tracers light up the hill.

I'm looking forward to meeting you guys that are coming up!

www.gmbsc.com
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 12:36:57 PM EDT
[#21]
Nice work, VTDefender! Could you im (Over at PreBan) me the directions again. Coming from Eden on 118. I take it I take a right (south on 100).  Thanks
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 4:50:20 PM EDT
[#22]
So who is definately going to be there??

ARGON...you in for sure?

Strudle?

John40mm?

Old Dan??
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 5:10:19 PM EDT
[#23]
Count me in, I'll be there!  Along with my Ak and AR
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 2:36:58 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Nice work, VTDefender! Could you im (Over at PreBan) me the directions again. Coming from Eden on 118. I take it I take a right (south on 100).  Thanks

Directions on the way!
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 3:28:49 PM EDT
[#25]
Nice club Green Mountain Boys! Enjoyed the setup day there!
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 3:36:33 PM EDT
[#26]
It was great meeting you ARgon!

Here's what you missed on sunday ;)

www.gmbsc.com/images/pumpkinpoppers.htm
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 1:56:30 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
It was great meeting you ARgon!

Here's what you missed on sunday ;)

www.gmbsc.com/images/pumpkinpoppers.htm

Nice pics. Sorry I missed Sunday. My daughter came home with a friend from University, and had dinner with us. It was great meeting you and your wife. I would love to spend more time with "The Green Mountain Boys"and girls. Great setup you have there. Are any of you interested in shooting combat handgun stages. Would love to get you started with some of that as well. We could throw in some bays off to the side and go at it!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top