Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/4/2003 6:49:14 AM EDT
Wincheck Gun Club in West Greenwich. Guests and first time shooters are welcome. This isn't an ego match, although among the old timers there will be a lot of ribbing, mainly it's fun and good practice.

Starts at 9 A.M., $5.00 fee.

COF-60 rounds total in two stages.

Targets are IPSC silhouettes.
90 seconds per stage.
Each shooter has two targets, usually we shoot in teams of three.

Stage 1-100 yards, offhand only. Each shooter engages his targets. A clean target is a DQ.

Stage 2-200 yards, any position except no bipods, no using the mag as a monopod, etc.

You may fire as many of the rounds you can or want to at each stage, for 60 total, but you must get at least one hit per target at each stage. Each hit is one point. Most hits wins.

Classes-Iron sight, Optical sight, bolt action.
Any rifle is acceptable, no automatic weapons in RI. I usually shoot my Enfield and AR.

It's not the most tactical shoot, but it is a lot of fun.

If you are interested, IM me or e-mail me at [email protected] for directions and questions.

(posting early cause I want folks to have time to consider it)

Tim
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 4:24:59 PM EDT
[#1]
any problems with me coming in from CT? I'd like to bring my FAL. FWIW I have a CT CCW.
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 5:43:43 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
any problems with me coming in from CT? I'd like to bring my FAL. FWIW I have a CT CCW.

No problem. You can transport legally to the range and home, no AW restrictions in RI.

I live near Rte 95, I could meet you somewhere and we could convoy in if you wanted to. I'll be posting directions to the range as we get closer to the shoot, or IM me and we can determine where to meet when the day comes.

We're also discussing doing more varied shoots, like a "sniper" match, three gun, and adding a rifle el presidente to the rattle battle. For the sniper it would be 25-200 yards, geared to scoped bolt guns, but any gun would be welcome. Depends on the turnouts we get, but we'd like to expand the venue and attract more shooters if we can.

Regards,

Tim
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 6:21:57 PM EDT
[#3]
I might be able to make it, long drive form NH, but I have plenty of room in my truck if some other people want to meet up and drive down.
Link Posted: 9/20/2003 6:37:23 PM EDT
[#4]
SDavid, if you shoot at TAG you'll be disappointed! But if you are local it's pretty much the best thing I've found around here.
Link Posted: 11/1/2003 4:26:19 PM EDT
[#5]
BTT, the 23rd approaches. IM me for more  details, directions, etc.!
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 1:15:56 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm not going to be able to make down, I'm working that day.

Thanks for the invite though.
Link Posted: 11/11/2003 2:01:58 PM EDT
[#7]
TimJ,

That sounds fun, I'll have to get my butt down there.

BTW, I've been to Wicheck once for a bowling pin match (JohnD makes it to my shoots quite often)

I'll try & get a posse together.
Link Posted: 11/12/2003 6:21:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Russ, hope to see you there.
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 5:27:51 PM EDT
[#9]
BUMPBUMPBUMP
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 11:56:42 AM EDT
[#10]
How did it go/going?
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 3:32:03 PM EDT
[#11]
damn, wish i saw this a few weeks ago.  How frequent are these events?
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 2:42:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Wobblin Goblin came, unfortunately there were only four of us. We did have a good time. I'm going to work on making these better attended/advertised, more challenging.

We did have a good time, BTW!

Currently held the fourth Sunday of a five Sunday month, hoping to make them monthly or bimonthly in the Spring/Summer.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top