Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/19/2022 4:49:23 PM EDT
"The Oklahoma legislature on Thursday passed a Texas-style bill banning nearly all abortions in the state that, with the governor’s signature, would become the strictest abortion law in the country.

The bill, modeled after the mechanism of Texas’ SB 8, which deputizes private citizens as its enforcers and has proved difficult to challenge in court, now heads to Republican Gov. Kevin Stitt, who has pledged to sign any bill restricting the procedure that reaches his desk.

But the bill goes a step further than the Texas law, banning abortion after fertilization has occurred rather than when a heartbeat can be detected and represents at least the third restrictive – and sometimes redundant – bill prohibiting the procedure to head to the governor’s desk in the last two months alone.

No sarcasm in my post. Way to go. Proud of you Okies!!
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 8:35:59 AM EDT
[#1]
My problem is they’re making all these laws yet nothing for the pre or post natal care for the women or the infants. So who is going to care for all these unwanted children? Are the parents of teenage girls that screw up and get pregnant going to be able to suit class action status for care or daycare provision. They created all these laws yet nothing to help the unborn except more taxation and strain on and already poor health care system.

Typical government steps in and screw’s everything up so they can step in and screw it up more later. I guess it’s job security.

Another question is what will and unwanted pregnancy do to a teenage girls ability to go to college with the limited daycare and higher costs of daycare? Will grandparents get a tax deduction for another dependent? I got a sinking feeling this law will bankrupt some families.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 10:25:51 AM EDT
[#2]
I totally disagree OP.  We are shooting ourselves in the foot.  I just cannot understand why conservatives feel the need to make abortion a political matter.  It is no one's business except the woman who is pregnant.

This bullshit has infuriated all the conservative women in my family.  They all say there are legitimate reasons a woman might want/need an abortion and they are mad as hell now at every republican who was for this.  

They are so mad that I suspect I know which way they will vote the next time

There is so much wrong in this country yet republicans are focused on telling a woman what she can do with her body and democrats are focused on the climate
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 3:35:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My problem is they’re making all these laws yet nothing for the pre or post natal care for the women or the infants. So who is going to care for all these unwanted children? Are the parents of teenage girls that screw up and get pregnant going to be able to suit class action status for care or daycare provision. They created all these laws yet nothing to help the unborn except more taxation and strain on and already poor health care system.

Typical government steps in and screw’s everything up so they can step in and screw it up more later. I guess it’s job security.

Another question is what will and unwanted pregnancy do to a teenage girls ability to go to college with the limited daycare and higher costs of daycare? Will grandparents get a tax deduction for another dependent? I got a sinking feeling this law will bankrupt some families.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

So how does Sally getting pregnant and having a baby become the gov't's responsibility?   That's up to Sally to figure out.  

College?  College is certainly not a right; it's a privilege.  College =/= success in life.  Those two are mutually exclusive.

Quoted:
I totally disagree OP.  We are shooting ourselves in the foot.  I just cannot understand why conservatives feel the need to make abortion a political matter.  It is no one's business except the woman who is pregnant.

This bullshit has infuriated all the conservative women in my family.  They all say there are legitimate reasons a woman might want/need an abortion and they are mad as hell now at every republican who was for this.  

They are so mad that I suspect I know which way they will vote the next time

There is so much wrong in this country yet republicans are focused on telling a woman what she can do with her body and democrats are focused on the climate

It's not telling a woman what she can/can't do with her body, it's telling a woman she can't murder the baby growing inside her.
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 10:28:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

It's not telling a woman what she can/can't do with her body, it's telling a woman she can't murder the baby growing inside her.
View Quote

It absolutely is telling a woman what she cant do.  And women dont want to be told what they can and cant do any more than you want to be told what guns you can and cant buy.

Politicians need to stay the fuck out of people's personal business.  If someone wants an abortion, that their business, not yours, not mine, no ones.

Our state republicans screwed the pooch on this one.  They have driven a lot of women away.  I hear my wife and her friends talk, my daughter is in her 20's and know what her and her friends think.  No one that I know here is for this.
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 1:13:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

QFT.

Not to mention how damned easy it is to NOT get pregnant in the first place.
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 9:33:46 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

So how does Sally getting pregnant and having a baby become the gov't's responsibility?   That's up to Sally to figure out.  

College?  College is certainly not a right; it's a privilege.  College =/= success in life.  Those two are mutually exclusive.

View Quote

Sounds like you’re a pro lifer that dumps puppies too. Oklahoma has a no question give up a baby law where a woman can drop off a baby no question asked.

I talked to my representative yesterday and they have four bill’s on the table for adoption and housing if a mother is kicked out of her family along with setting aside money where the pregnancy doesn’t effect the general health care. Some one that is so cold that they say let the mother figure it out proves the point that some people are weaponizing political agendas just like the other sides up to birth abortion advocates.
As for college you say it’s a privilege but if a girl getting pregnant in her teens is forced to give birth and has little resources that limits her rights. Is birth a privilege? At the wrong time in a girl’s life it can be detrimental to her future. They are discussing extenuating circumstances to allow for early teens abortion because of the negative circumstances it can have on the child’s life. I agree sometimes abortion is a necessary evil.
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 9:37:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

QFT.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

QFT.

Teens are the ones that are at risk here. My wife got pregnant while on birth control when we decided to change course in life and I went back to school to finish my education. It’s rare but there are unplanned pregnancies.
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 6:13:03 PM EDT
[#8]
If you can’t handle a baby don’t have sex.

My wife and I waited until we were ready to support a child just in case birth control failed. It would not have been convenient but that’s not the baby’s fault.
Link Posted: 7/3/2022 9:38:04 AM EDT
[#9]
I'm wondering why everyone insists that women carry to term EVEN if it's all bad. Incest, rape and isk to mother should absolutely be allowed for abortions. I legit wouldn't want my daughter, any of them, to carry the spawn of a bastard rapist. Yes "conservatives" demand women carry to term, period.
Link Posted: 7/5/2022 3:00:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I'm wondering why everyone insists that women carry to term EVEN if it's all bad. Incest, rape and isk to mother should absolutely be allowed for abortions. I legit wouldn't want my daughter, any of them, to carry the spawn of a bastard rapist. Yes "conservatives" demand women carry to term, period.
View Quote

Show me a law that requires that.
Link Posted: 7/5/2022 5:27:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

Singing the praises of anti abortion laws is all thats needed to see. So lets say any one of my daughters, hell it doesnt even have to be one of mine, ANYONES DAUGHTER, is raped and gets pregnant because of it, this state has now made it illegal for her to end that pregnancy. So now ill ask you to show me what law allows her to abort (in this state) for that and other medical reasons? There are legit reasons for abortions and this states gonna demand women carry to term, period. Even if the mother is at risk of death, even if the quality of life for the baby is gonna become complete trash from birth.

Link Posted: 7/5/2022 5:44:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Singing the praises of anti abortion laws is all thats needed to see. So lets say any one of my daughters, hell it doesnt even have to be one of mine, ANYONES DAUGHTER, is raped and gets pregnant because of it, this state has now made it illegal for her to end that pregnancy. So now ill ask you to show me what law allows her to abort (in this state) for that and other medical reasons? There are legit reasons for abortions and this states gonna demand women carry to term, period. Even if the mother is at risk of death, even if the quality of life for the baby is gonna become complete trash from birth.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fewer than 1% of all abortions are due to rape/incest.

If any woman goes to a hospital and claims she has been raped, one of the first things offered to that woman is a rape kit with a Plan B pill.  Or, she could just go into any pharmacy and get one herself.  Nothing in legislation is limiting either of those two options.

The new law/bill in Oklahoma that prohibits abortions allows for them in certain circumstances, one being if the mother is at risk of death.

The quality of life that you insinuate is "trash" is much better here in the United States than that of other countries.  You have no idea what the child's "quality of life" is going to be, so making that decision for ANOTHER HUMAN BEING is you playing God. You are determining another human's destiny.  

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness."

I'll just go on a limb here and say it.  Those opposing anti-abortion legislation are just mad that their "convenience" abortions (aka birth control) is being taken away.
Link Posted: 7/5/2022 11:38:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You can walk into a pharmacy and buy emergency contraceptives or get them at the hospital. You can even get it curb side pickup if you want.

https://www.walgreens.com/store/c/plan-b-one-step-emergency-contraceptive/ID=prod6401038-product
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 8:32:27 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

If any woman goes to a hospital and claims she has been raped, one of the first things offered to that woman is a rape kit with a Plan B pill.  Or, she could just go into any pharmacy and get one herself.  Nothing in legislation is limiting either of those two options.

The new law/bill in Oklahoma that prohibits abortions allows for them in certain circumstances, one being if the mother is at risk of death.

The quality of life that you insinuate is "trash" is much better here in the United States than that of other countries.  You have no idea what the child's "quality of life" is going to be, so making that decision for ANOTHER HUMAN BEING is you playing God. You are determining another human's destiny.  

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness."

I'll just go on a limb here and say it.  Those opposing anti-abortion legislation are just mad that their "convenience" abortions (aka birth control) is being taken away.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The church is going to suffer from this law. Just removing the Right to a Rape abortion is going to cost them members. Look at how many church Rape victims don’t come forward or don’t come forward until it’s to late for an abortion. The reason that part of the law is there is to protect the offspring of church rapist. Just watch it won’t be long and a father’s rights law will pop up. A class action lawsuit needs to be filed on the Rape and Incest portion of the law because Rape and incest are not reported immediately. Those victims are often controlled by a family member or person who is in a powerful position. Now here’s my question why do churches want to punish a Rape victim??? If they’re going to protect the innocent why don’t they lobby for actual punishment for the Rapist? Because churches are corrupt. They are political bastions that use people.
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 4:25:34 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

The church is going to suffer from this law. Just removing the Right to a Rape abortion is going to cost them members. Look at how many church Rape victims don’t come forward or don’t come forward until it’s to late for an abortion. The reason that part of the law is there is to protect the offspring of church rapist. Just watch it won’t be long and a father’s rights law will pop up. A class action lawsuit needs to be filed on the Rape and Incest portion of the law because Rape and incest are not reported immediately. Those victims are often controlled by a family member or person who is in a powerful position. Now here’s my question why do churches want to punish a Rape victim??? If they’re going to protect the innocent why don’t they lobby for actual punishment for the Rapist? Because churches are corrupt. They are political bastions that use people.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

There aren’t existing punishments for rape?
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 9:51:01 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

There aren’t existing punishments for rape?
View Quote

Not to fit the crime. Especially if it’s within the church. Now school teachers seem to be nailed to the wall harder than any demo-graph.
Link Posted: 9/12/2022 2:51:52 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
It absolutely is telling a woman what she cant do.  And women dont want to be told what they can and cant do any more than you want to be told what guns you can and cant buy.

Politicians need to stay the fuck out of people's personal business.  If someone wants an abortion, that their business, not yours, not mine, no ones.

Our state republicans screwed the pooch on this one.  They have driven a lot of women away.  I hear my wife and her friends talk, my daughter is in her 20's and know what her and her friends think.  No one that I know here is for this.
View Quote

When I buy guns, nobody is harmed. When a woman has a "doctor" scramble an unborn child apart inside her, a human life is lost.

Equating buying guns to killing a human being is insane.
Link Posted: 10/2/2022 11:58:08 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

Sounds as if you failed to teach you daughter morals, and married a woman without such. Sorry, but that is what it all boils down to.
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 3:19:51 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Sounds as if you failed to teach you daughter morals, and married a woman without such. Sorry, but that is what it all boils down to.
View Quote

You hit the nail on the head. The dude has bigger problems but thinks being unable to kill an unborn child is the biggest one.

Even most of the shit posted in GD isn't that insane.
Link Posted: 10/13/2022 6:46:54 PM EDT
[#20]
This the most active I've seen OKHTF since before Dan was unfortunately banned.

Personally I think it's every woman's right to have an abortion up to a point.  That point is the problem.  Hard right conservatives say the point starts at fertilization and the hard left says it's up to the moment of birth.  Both of which seem insane to me.  

I'm not really sure where I think that point is but it's pretty early into pregnancy.  I feel like a woman has the right to choose after finding out she's pregnant but not a month after that.  You've had your chance to make a decision and you made it.  Changing your mind during 2nd or 3rd trimester doesn't fly in my book because you're dealing with an actual living baby at that point.

When the radical left took over the democrat party it was only a matter of time before the right start radicalizing.  The system is always looking for balance.  Unfortunately, with everyone pushing extremes, nothing good happens, nobody works together and eventually everything goes to ??.  Which is where we are now as a nation.  Paying the price for radical politics.  Hopefully the dems are forced out of power soon, then the moderate dems kick out all the far left radicals and a more moderate GOP does what it can to fix the damage.
Link Posted: 10/23/2022 8:33:12 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
This the most active I've seen OKHTF since before Dan was unfortunately banned.

Personally I think it's every woman's right to have an abortion up to a point.  That point is the problem.  Hard right conservatives say the point starts at fertilization and the hard left says it's up to the moment of birth.  Both of which seem insane to me.  

I'm not really sure where I think that point is but it's pretty early into pregnancy.  I feel like a woman has the right to choose after finding out she's pregnant but not a month after that.  You've had your chance to make a decision and you made it.  Changing your mind during 2nd or 3rd trimester doesn't fly in my book because you're dealing with an actual living baby at that point.

When the radical left took over the democrat party it was only a matter of time before the right start radicalizing.  The system is always looking for balance.  Unfortunately, with everyone pushing extremes, nothing good happens, nobody works together and eventually everything goes to ??.  Which is where we are now as a nation.  Paying the price for radical politics.  Hopefully the dems are forced out of power soon, then the moderate dems kick out all the far left radicals and a more moderate GOP does what it can to fix the damage.
View Quote

Spot on Brandi, I agree with you.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top