Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/27/2021 1:22:36 PM EDT
I'll be traveling to Tulsa in a few days for work. Should be out there less than a month.

I have zero time to notify ATF of having my SBR cross state lines so I would like to bring my AR pistol instead.  

With that being said, any restrictions on keeping weapons in a hotel?

Any duty to notify an officer about weapons in a vehicle?

Ever law I've seen is before constitutional carry so not 100% sure if anything else has changed with it since.
Link Posted: 7/5/2021 9:48:17 PM EDT
[#1]
there is a duty to notify.

keeping a weapon in a hotel is your business not mine. leaving it there during the day is not what I would consider a good decision.
there are rules regarding loaded rifles in cars ( that might have changed recently)..I don't know if an AR pistol is counted as that.

someone help this Texican out.
Link Posted: 7/10/2021 3:37:33 PM EDT
[#2]
As of November 2019 we no longer have duty to notify unless asked explicitly by officer if the information that I gleaned recently regarding our firearms laws is to be believed.
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 3:02:43 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm late to the thread, but I would be nervous leaving an AR pistol in a hotel room.
Link Posted: 8/5/2021 2:45:11 PM EDT
[#4]
I don't believe there are any restrictions for an AR pistol. That being said if you are leaving it in the room, lock it up in a case, and I would use the DND on the door after leaving. They don't need to be in there, especially if its 1 day.

What part of town are you staying in (Major cross streets?) ?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top