Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/14/2021 12:41:54 AM EDT
Hola Okies!

Texan here.  Not pleased with where our state appears to be headed.

OK, on the other hand, appears to be all red, which is what I need.

I’m located in DFW, and looking for rural property w/n 3-3.5 hours of DFW.  Would like to purchase 100-200 acres.

For reference, I grew up hunting the Hill Country of TX, and would like something similar terrain and game-wise in OK, if possible w/n 3 hours of DFW.

This would be weekend recreational/hunting/BOL type stuff, not full-time living.

I really know nothing about OK terrain other than what I have seen out the window driving up 35, and in Tulsa (too far), have limited search time, and would appreciate your insight in potentially narrowing my search (the Red River is pretty long...)

Is there any TX Hill Country type terrain in OK w/n 3-3.5 hours of DFW?

Any specific counties  you might might recommend?

Thanks in advance...look forward to your constructive replies (and to facilitate positivity, please know that I am not a Longhorn...screen name should tell you my collegiate loyalty, if that matters).

Link Posted: 1/14/2021 5:07:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Hola Okies!

Texan here.  Not pleased with where our state appears to be headed.

OK, on the other hand, appears to be all red, which is what I need.

I’m located in DFW, and looking for rural property w/n 3-3.5 hours of DFW.  Would like to purchase 100-200 acres.

For reference, I grew up hunting the Hill Country of TX, and would like something similar terrain and game-wise in OK, if possible w/n 3 hours of DFW.

This would be weekend recreational/hunting/BOL type stuff, not full-time living.

I really know nothing about OK terrain other than what I have seen out the window driving up 35, and in Tulsa (too far), have limited search time, and would appreciate your insight in potentially narrowing my search (the Red River is pretty long...)

Is there any TX Hill Country type terrain in OK w/n 3-3.5 hours of DFW?

Any specific counties  you might might recommend?

Thanks in advance...look forward to your constructive replies (and to facilitate positivity, please know that I am not a Longhorn...screen name should tell you my collegiate loyalty, if that matters).

View Quote

Maybe around Altus but that would be getting close to your travel time limit.
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 10:04:03 PM EDT
[#2]
the landwatch website should be pretty helpful to get you started.  Pretty easy and simple to use.

https://www.landwatch.com/oklahoma-land-for-sale
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top