Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/24/2020 6:24:53 PM EDT

Came across these two plus several other characters the other day in a second hand store.  $2 a piece is a steal for them.  They sell for around $25 a piece elsewhere but that's not the reason we bought them.  

Since Elmer and Sam have been disarmed by the liberals these two glasses specifically have become instantly more collectable and will increase in value..  Sad but true.

Link Posted: 10/24/2020 10:12:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Lucky...
Link Posted: 10/25/2020 7:55:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Jelly jars?
Link Posted: 10/25/2020 8:15:56 PM EDT
[#3]
They are drinking glasses.  They were put out as a limited edition by Pepsi in 1973.  They were made by two different companies for Pepsi with one manufacturing a thick glass version and the other a thin glass version.  The thin glass versions were far more fragile which means there are significantly fewer of them today making them more desirable for collectors.  These are the harder to find thin glass versions.  Apparently they are also hard to find in this condition as most have worn paint.  These look like they were made yesterday.  They must have been stored since new.

Pepsi also released "super hero" glasses during the same time.  We have the Batman and Wonder Woman glasses from that collection.  They are the thick glass versions and show their age but still in good condition.

I saw the Elmer Fudd and Yosemite Sam glasses and had to have them.  These days some snowflake would be likely buy them and destroy them before some poor child was corrupted by them.  They are part of Second Amendment history now in a sad way.
Link Posted: 10/26/2020 2:14:24 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a Tweety Welches grape Jelly one the reason I asked. I kept tit put up and when my daughter came along my wife let her use it. Now it's worn but I guess it was meant to be used.
Link Posted: 10/26/2020 6:46:10 PM EDT
[#5]
I think we got a Tweety glass in the collection.  Initially I just wanted Elmer and Sam but after we left and I looked up how much they were worth we turned around and bought the rest of them.  I think there were 7 total which coat us $14.  The actual value of them being $175.  I didn't buy them for that reason specifically although it was certainly a big incentive.  I absolutely love the old 70's era cartoons.  To this day I still love watching Tweety & Sylvester, Elmer Fudd & Bugs Bunny, Yosemite Sam, Roadrunner & the coyote, Woody Woodpecker, Daffy Duck and so on.  Those were good years to be a kid.

One of these days I'll see about finding the ones I'm missing to complete the collection.  Right now getting all the house selling stuff finished and associated misery takes priority.
Link Posted: 10/28/2020 12:00:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Neat find!

Wonder if they made one with Sam as the Confederate general? THAT would be collectible!
Link Posted: 10/29/2020 8:48:56 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Neat find!

Wonder if they made one with Sam as the Confederate general? THAT would be collectible!
View Quote

Yeah that’s the one that would be a holy grail.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top