Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/29/2020 7:45:48 PM EDT
Well we went from half the towns not having mask orders to every place around the metro having them now. At a restaurant this rule seems especially pointless. You HAVE to wear a mask until you get to a table and some food or drink appears, but after that the threat isn't an issue. This is beyond goofy. I will play along with it where i have to (at work), but i guess i am done going out until this idiocy subsides.
Link Posted: 8/29/2020 10:59:57 PM EDT
[#1]
We have yet to be molested anywhere and we have yet to wear a mask, we walk right past the "mask required" signs and are served normally.

I think the employees actually appreciate someone fighting back in a small way.

Again, no one has said anything to us beyond a couple of "do you need a mask?" at the door, we smile say no thank you and keep going.  

We do not patronize wal mart, I have heard they are a little more aggressive but I wouldn't know.
Link Posted: 8/30/2020 10:20:12 AM EDT
[#2]
I’m in the Tulsa area. Tulsa has a mask order, surrounding towns do not. I haven’t seen anyone act like an ass about the order - on either side.

I do everything I can to avoid places that are enforcing mask orders. Places of business that I like, I just ask them; I’ll wear one if need be to keep them in compliance.

Link Posted: 8/30/2020 2:35:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/30/2020 3:58:15 PM EDT
[#4]
I live in Tulsa and haven't worn one,even in walmart,haven't had anybody say anything yet.
Link Posted: 8/30/2020 6:21:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Well I live in Oklahoma City. I had been avoiding the OKC mask order by eating out once a week in Edmond. Unfortunately they just put a mask order in place recently. Bricktown brewery enforces the mask rule heavily. Also, Rudy's barbecue in OKC enforces it heavily. Walked in there, saw a enforcer asking us if we needed a mask, then saw a guy at a table wearing a mask and lifting it to take a drink or bite. It's like pod people have invaded. Seriously starting to lose faith in people beyond what i thought was possible. I seriously think some people would line up for a lobotomy.
Link Posted: 9/5/2020 6:32:48 AM EDT
[#6]
I have to wear one at work, they are uncomfortable and a general pain.

Link Posted: 9/7/2020 1:29:05 PM EDT
[#7]
I drive to Guthrie to shop and eat now.

Fuck masks.
Link Posted: 12/4/2020 7:22:44 AM EDT
[#8]
Im glad Im not the only one who feels this way. Ive decided to join this site after years of lurking patially because the other firearms forum I'm on has gone downhill, and recent events have gotten me back into ARs...
Link Posted: 12/4/2020 10:14:18 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Im glad Im not the only one who feels this way. Ive decided to join this site after years of lurking patially because the other firearms forum I'm on has gone downhill, and recent events have gotten me back into ARs...
View Quote
Welcome

And I am still going to Guthrie to shop and eat.

Josh Moore is a cunt and I'm going to give money to who runs against him next year.
Link Posted: 12/4/2020 11:40:11 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Welcome

Josh Moore is a cunt and I'm going to give money to who runs against him next year.
View Quote

Yup we need to make Holt a one term mayor as well. He's a total bboy. Hopefully the new county sheriff is an improvement
Link Posted: 12/4/2020 1:46:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Yup we need to make Holt a one term mayor as well. He's a total bboy. Hopefully the new county sheriff is an improvement
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Welcome

I HATE holt the douchebag.   D in everyway but the R they put behind his name on TV.
Link Posted: 12/13/2020 4:21:41 PM EDT
[#12]
I have yet to see any place in shawnee enforce the mask mandate.
If someplace asks me to wear one I just leave, when in OKC.
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 8:43:33 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

Starting to think that is how we are going to have to deal with it. Businesses that enforce it are going to have to die off. My dollar is really all i can voice my displeasure with. Here and there i see people disobeying and i immediately join in. I try not to cause too many waves, but there are a few places where i see a lot of passive resistance. Gun ranges, Cavender's western wear, my local 7-11. We need a thread of places where mask orders are not enforced...maybe a consolidation of places that are obviously safe(r) for people leaning towards freedom.
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 10:25:41 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Starting to think that is how we are going to have to deal with it. Businesses that enforce it are going to have to die off. My dollar is really all i can voice my displeasure with. Here and there i see people disobeying and i immediately join in. I try not to cause too many waves, but there are a few places where i see a lot of passive resistance. Gun ranges, Cavender's western wear, my local 7-11. We need a thread of places where mask orders are not enforced...maybe a consolidation of places that are obviously safe(r) for people leaning towards freedom.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This weekend I went to Cabela's, Lowe's on Memorial, Academy in Edmond and Wal-Mart in Edmond.  Didn't wear and no one said a thing.   Looked like about 10% of the people weren't wearing.   I didn't spend money either though, except at Lowe's, I had to buy something for a rent house.   I'm still doing as much shopping as I can in Guthrie.

At the OKC gun show the lady that took my ticket told me to put a mask on and I said ok and walked in without one.  I would say 25-30% of the people in the show weren't wearing one.  Cops weren't saying a thing to people.
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 11:44:29 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

QT and Kum & Go in the Tulsa area don’t enforce or say anything - this has created huge amounts of uproar from the Karen’s.

I’m doing everything I can, to go Galt as much as possible. Tax man, people and businesses that support masks and all other forms of retardation get nothing from me.  Since I’m a burn it all down kind of guy - when I’m hit up about donations my standard reply now is “sorry, Biden economy, times are tuff yo”
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 1:36:30 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

QT and Kum & Go in the Tulsa area don’t enforce or say anything - this has created huge amounts of uproar from the Karen’s.

I’m doing everything I can, to go Galt as much as possible. Tax man, people and businesses that support masks and all other forms of retardation get nothing from me.  Since I’m a burn it all down kind of guy - when I’m hit up about donations my standard reply now is “sorry, Biden economy, times are tuff yo”
View Quote

The only place in Tulsa that has enforced it that I have seen was Firestone tires at 31st and Garnett
Link Posted: 12/16/2020 6:56:46 PM EDT
[#17]
Thankfully, I work in Guthrie and live close enough to it to only wear a mask once or twice a month when I go to Walgreens.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top