Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/26/2013 2:57:58 PM EDT
Since I was in my teens I have been a hell bent devoted assault style weapon collector but now my taste has changed so much Now I only collect the old style cowboy guns. All I own now is the Henry mares leg .44mag  and the 2 handguns 1 cimmaron Thunderball .45 LC and 1 cimmaron .45LC Sherrif/Store keeper model with  the 3 1/2 inch barrell both with birds head grips. And man do I love them all.

</a>" />
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 3:41:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Set up a account with photobucket ,upload pic then
Get the ( ing ) and look for the picture icon to insert tags
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 3:42:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Since I was in my teens I have been a hell bent devoted assault style weapon collector but now my taste has changed so much Now I only collect the old style cowboy guns. All I own now is the Henry mares leg .44mag  and the 2 handguns 1 cimmaron Thunderball .45 LC and 1 cimmaron .45LC Sherrif/Store keeper model with  the 3 1/2 inch barrell both with birds head grips. And man do I love them all. How do I post pictures on here I want to show off my toys?
View Quote

I'm the same way although I love my tacti-cool stuff to.  It's is more fun to shoot the "Old West" stuff...we have 2 twin stainless Ruger Bisley 's in .45Colt w/ 5.5" barrels, one "original" blued Vaquero in .45 Colt w/ 4 5/8" barrel, one blued Ruger New Blackhawk Convertible .45acp/.45 Colt, two Henry Big Boy .45 Colts and a Winchester 94 in .44 magnum.  I'm searching for a second 4 5/8" "original" Ruger Vaquero .45 Colt but haven't found anything yet.

You can post pics at the top of the page in the "gun pics" thread.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 3:57:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Threre nothing wrong with having Cowboy action Guns
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 12:43:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Anyone know who makes fancy bird head grips for the two six shooters? I would like to dress them up like I do my Harley. I jus want to make them look sharp but stay in the time era.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 1:10:43 PM EDT
[#5]
HaHaHaHaHaHaHa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nothing wrong with a good single action revolver if you can shoot it accurately
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 2:16:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Oh thank God brother I heard about your accident and was praying for you regulerly. I had a hell of a wreck a year ago may and got ran over by a car. I miss ya brother I got transferred to Texas now so if you ever want to get away I got a spare room and cold beer in the fridge.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 6:03:27 AM EDT
[#7]
still recovering and doing pt
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 3:02:47 PM EDT
[#8]
I must have been born old, because I've loved shooting revolvers since I was 9 years old.  First handgun I ever fired was my dad's Ruger Security-Six (bet y'all never would have guessed that, right?  :P).  I've got as many revolvers as I do semi-autos.  Unfortunately, I only have 2 lever-action rifles, a Marlin in .357 Magnum and a Rossi in .45 Colt.  I would love to have a .45-70, a .30-30, and a .405 Winchester (Why? Because. That's why.).  If I could find one, I'd also love to have a lever action in 7-30 Waters, but that's spending a butt load of money either buying a gun rare as hen's teeth or having a .30-30 rebarreled.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 11:56:36 PM EDT
[#9]
I don't care for the foreign made copies, I know some of them are good quality copies but I just prefer my "American old west" style guns to be American.   My next "old west" style gun, other than an original Vaquero and an actual Colt SAA, will probably be a Marlin 1894SS.  Generally I prefer Winchester and Henry lever actions but I want a stainless .44 magnum 1894 and Marlin is the only US manufacturer that makes one and I need a Marlin for my collection anyway.   I think a Marlin stainless steel 1894 with black synthetic stocks would look great and be a perfect choice for bad weather gun sort of like a lever action version of my Savage 116 "Weather Warrior" bolt action.

I'm jonesing like crazy to shoot my single actions and lever guns.  I also have to try out the new recoil pad on my .50 Beowulf, she should be as light as a .22 now lol.

Does anyone have a .44 magnum single action that's not a long barrel hunting gun?  I've always wondered if the recoil of a .44 magnum single action was as bad as it seems it would be.  My S&W 629 V-Comp N frame packs a pretty decent wallop and that's with recoil absorbing grips and a compensator, it's got to be quite a bit worse out of a single action.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top