Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/4/2012 11:58:13 AM EDT
Guys I'm looking at getting my CCL and need some recommendations for a class on the Lawton area.
Link Posted: 2/4/2012 12:16:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Guys I'm looking at getting my CCL and need some recommendations for a class on the Lawton area.

Don't know any in Lawton, but after a short drive to Duncan there is SMF Solutions and Murf's Guns. Both offer the class.

Here is SMF's schedule: http://smf-solutions.com/calendergun.html
Link Posted: 2/4/2012 12:33:12 PM EDT
[#2]
That's who I went through as well.
Link Posted: 2/4/2012 6:21:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Talk to Chuck. He's an instructor.
Link Posted: 2/4/2012 7:27:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Not anymore. I gave it up when I renewed my permit a couple of months ago. I see no valid reason for an instructor to be required to get his fingerprints each time he renews.

ETA- John Ax at Cache creek flyfishing (or something like that) on C Ave in Lawton is the only local guy doing it that I know of.
Link Posted: 2/11/2012 5:19:36 AM EDT
[#5]
I was told that Ausley's has classes for CCL applicants...  I could be wrong, but give them a call...

Ausley's Law Enforcement Accessories
121 SW B Ave, Lawton, OK 73501
(580) 248-0828
Link Posted: 2/11/2012 7:03:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not anymore. I gave it up when I renewed my permit a couple of months ago. I see no valid reason for an instructor to be required to get his fingerprints each time he renews.

ETA- John Ax at Cache creek flyfishing (or something like that) on C Ave in Lawton is the only local guy doing it that I know of.

Your saying you have to reprint eveytime you have to renewed ,thats BS they should have a copy on file ,
Link Posted: 2/11/2012 7:58:50 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Your saying you have to reprint eveytime you have to renewed ,thats BS they should have a copy on file ,

It's about the money. The SDA license is a big money maker for Sheriff Dept and CLEET in this state.
When the SDA was first passed, they thought it would bring in enough money to put in the new state CLEET academy back in 1995-96.
It didn't until the early part of this century. Then they build it in Ada instead of centrally in the OKC area.
There are bills trying to get the fees lowered but they are meeting stiff resistance from the OSBI.

Link Posted: 2/11/2012 1:28:37 PM EDT
[#8]
I stopped by SMF today and they did not have any openings until May.
Link Posted: 2/11/2012 6:43:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I stopped by SMF today and they did not have any openings until May.

usually carry classes are full for a few months in advance.. I remember taking mine about 5 years ago at H&H.. I had to sign up like 2 months in advance..
Link Posted: 2/13/2012 3:41:26 PM EDT
[#10]
I took mine at SMF. Those guys are top notch. I recommend them 100%  The instructors are Duncan PD. They offer other classes besides CCW, like basic/advanced pistol and carbine.
Bruce Ausley is a good guy, Ex Lawton PD.  I have never taken a class from him, but can vouch for the person.
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 10:45:52 AM EDT
[#11]
I believe Jon Ax at Cache Creek Fly shop does CCL classes.  He's just west of the mall.  

Cache Creek Fly Shop
1004 Southwest C Avenue
Phone: (580) 353-1724

Link Posted: 2/17/2012 11:19:14 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I believe Jon Ax at Cache Creek Fly shop does CCL classes.  He's just west of the mall.  

Cache Creek Fly Shop
1004 Southwest C Avenue
Phone: (580) 353-1724

How funny, I’m going over there to sign up for a range membership on my way home today.  I will have to ask about their CCL class.
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 1:59:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Just talked to Jon at Cache Creek Fly shop and he does in fact have classes and there is no two month wait.    He even had openings tomorrow but I had plans.
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 3:11:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Just talked to Jon at Cache Creek Fly shop and he does in fact have classes and there is no two month wait.    He even had openings tomorrow but I had plans.

Theres a reason for that.

Link Posted: 2/17/2012 3:29:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Theres a reason for that.

Do tell?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top