Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/10/2011 5:58:19 AM EDT
I'm planning on busting some more coyotes after the first of the year.
Plus some hogs.
(I've killed 5 coyotes during deer season plus several hogs near Ada and Anadarko. I wasn't planning on shooting the coyotes but they just happened to come in range. )
If any of you have any places that need coyotes thinned out, let me know.
I've got a Foxpro Scorpion call and several dekes like the Critter Getter, etc.
I am also talking to some people in Anadarko to see if I can get some other guys out there to hog hunt.
I've been given leave to go anytime I want but ALONE. They won't give me a key to the gates but will meet me there and unlock them for me.
I have to lock them when I leave. Building trust isn't easy sometimes when they've been bit in the ass by other hunters.
Let's try to get some organized hog hunts up, maybe even some coyote hunts too. after the first of the year.
I've got a lead on a 1280 acre ranch near Geary that might let us bring ATVs out to use for getting around on the place.
That's much easier than rolling 4WD trucks across pastures. He's got a hog problem tearing up his wheat.
No promises but something that might possibly happen. I'd give it a 20% possibility and that might be optimistic.
Link Posted: 12/10/2011 7:21:39 AM EDT
[#1]
10% chance and I'd still be in! I think this would be a great idea
Link Posted: 12/10/2011 9:53:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Did someone say Pig Hunt .  I will help drop a few
Link Posted: 12/10/2011 11:20:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/10/2011 12:07:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/10/2011 1:38:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/10/2011 2:09:48 PM EDT
[#6]

You can get quite a few coyotes in an area.  Last year north of town some guy had 10 coyotes hanging from fence posts along the road.  I don't know if he was bragging to people driving by or if that is where the coyotes were coming from, but I was impressed.
Link Posted: 12/10/2011 4:18:51 PM EDT
[#7]
If you should find yourself with a surplus of pigs I'd be willing to take one off your hands *bats eyelashes* My freezer has plenty of free space
Link Posted: 12/10/2011 4:19:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Now that puts a smile on my face!!
Link Posted: 12/10/2011 7:54:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 12/12/2011 5:06:52 AM EDT
[#10]
I'd have a Goddamned coyote coat & matching pants and boots.
Link Posted: 12/12/2011 8:40:18 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Why am I not suprised that you do . You jelleous Dan
Link Posted: 12/12/2011 8:45:08 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not at all. I'm too old to get pimped up like that in public...

Link Posted: 12/12/2011 9:15:20 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

just when you're bigfoot hunting?

Link Posted: 12/12/2011 9:24:23 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not then either.
A coyote skin full length woman's coat at one time was bringing close to $10K. Somewhere around the late 70s I think.
The only fur coat I really wanted was a buffalo skin coat. The RCMP sold off some of their full length surplus buffalo jackets back about the same time the coyote coats hit a peak.
They were around $250 piece for the buffalo jacket.
I don't think any animal skin is worth a lot of money anymore but I ain't the wannabe I used to be either.

Link Posted: 12/12/2011 10:44:38 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not then either.
A coyote skin full length woman's coat at one time was bringing close to $10K. Somewhere around the late 70s I think.
The only fur coat I really wanted was a buffalo skin coat. The RCMP sold off some of their full length surplus buffalo jackets back about the same time the coyote coats hit a peak.
They were around $250 piece for the buffalo jacket.
I don't think any animal skin is worth a lot of money anymore but I ain't the wannabe I used to be either.

hell you want a buffalo skin coat go and buy some of the cull buffalo from the washita refuge they do every year or so; or there is that place in blanchard that is dealing in buffalo products; seem to recall a stateline article about the man and woman making all sorts of clothing from the buffalo hair; they'd perfected a method of separating the course hair from the fine hair to make a yarn that was simular in texture/feel as cashmear(sp?)

Link Posted: 12/12/2011 7:38:13 PM EDT
[#16]
Im down for poppin coyotes or piggies....im not prejudice!  lol
Link Posted: 12/14/2011 8:13:45 AM EDT
[#17]
This is the exact kind of the thread I was looking for!! I'm up here in Missouri and was going to make a thread here in your HTF about making a trip to OK to kill some yotes & hogs! If you are serious, I am more than willing to make the trip down (my brother and I were just talking about scheduling this).  Please PM me if you put something together as I don't frequent the OK HTF, we don't see too many hogs in MO so this would be a trip of a lifetime for me

Thanks and keep me posted if you could
Link Posted: 12/14/2011 2:14:49 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
This is the exact kind of the thread I was looking for!! I'm up here in Missouri and was going to make a thread here in your HTF about making a trip to OK to kill some yotes & hogs! If you are serious, I am more than willing to make the trip down (my brother and I were just talking about scheduling this).  Please PM me if you put something together as I don't frequent the OK HTF, we don't see too many hogs in MO so this would be a trip of a lifetime for me

No offense, but I will put my OK HTF brothers at the top of the list if this comes off.
If this deal happens and there is room, I'll be more than glad to let you know.

Link Posted: 12/14/2011 7:13:24 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:

No offense, but I will put my OK HTF brothers at the top of the list if this comes off.
If this deal happens and there is room, I'll be more than glad to let you know.

Fair enough
Link Posted: 12/28/2011 9:36:51 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
10% chance and I'd still be in! I think this would be a great idea

Never hunted before but would love to learn...

Link Posted: 12/29/2011 5:48:26 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

It's easy. You find them, you shoot them.
Still no results on my inquiry about the group hunting. I learn a long time ago to ask but not press.
We may get the go ahead if his wheat gets hit hard by the hogs and then he'll say "Get your asses out here and kill these hogs!"
Link Posted: 12/29/2011 7:12:50 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's easy. You find them, you shoot them.
Still no results on my inquiry about the group hunting. I learn a long time ago to ask but not press.
We may get the go ahead if his wheat gets hit hard by the hogs and then he'll say "Get your asses out here and kill these hogs!"

lol....so when its a problem again, be ready to go.....sounds good to me.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 8:37:57 AM EDT
[#23]
I'm in for some pig hunts if you got room and my shift allows it.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 12:08:30 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:  I've been given leave to go anytime I want but ALONE.

I just thought about this, goin hog huntin alone probly isnt the best of ideas. Any of yall see the episode where they're on that giant ranch and the old dude, who reminds me of Dan, gets out of the rhino and is talkin about bein by himself n maybe fallin down n breakin a leg...and becomin dinner for them hogs....thatd be a bad bad deal right there...and even tho Dans a pain I wouldnt wanna see him go out like that.  

Link Posted: 1/5/2012 12:14:03 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I just thought about this, goin hog huntin alone probly isnt the best of ideas. Any of yall see the episode where they're on that giant ranch and the old dude, who reminds me of Dan, gets out of the rhino and is talkin about bein by himself n maybe fallin down n breakin a leg...and becomin dinner for them hogs....thatd be a bad bad deal right there...and even tho Dans a pain I wouldnt wanna see him go out like that.  

Thanks Rat. I'm really touched by your concern.
I haven't heard anything back from this guy. I went hog hunting yesterday near Anadarko.
We had some hogs hanging on the edge of the field but wouldn't come out in the open.
All of a sudden a donkey came running up and the hogs took off.
First time I ever saw something like that.
Some of the land owners out there are putting donkeys on their land to keep the pigs out.
Donkeys may be going up in price as many wild hogs as there are.

Link Posted: 1/5/2012 1:50:53 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I haven't heard anything back from this guy. I went hog hunting yesterday near Anadarko.
We had some hogs hanging on the edge of the field but wouldn't come out in the open.
Some of the land owners out there are putting donkeys on their land to keep the pigs out.

Using donkeys to keep unwanted critters away isn't new.  When my grandpa first started raising goats one went missing.  The next week he bought a burro and put it out with the goats.  Grandpa's own dog wouldn't go near those goats when that burro was in sight.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 2:49:28 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Using donkeys to keep unwanted critters away isn't new.  When my grandpa first started raising goats one went missing.  The next week he bought a burro and put it out with the goats.  Grandpa's own dog wouldn't go near those goats when that burro was in sight.

I know about mules, donkeys, and burros.
It's just I haven't seen any until this last trip.
I must have seen 5 or 6 donkeys on different places.

Link Posted: 1/5/2012 3:05:34 PM EDT
[#28]
Im game for the one that does not require a huntin license

My 20" AR and M1 could use a maintainance shoot

ETA: as long as I got time to notify my boss or its a week day
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 3:13:17 PM EDT
[#29]
I'm in with a AK  just keeping my range within 250yds  with FMJ.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top