Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 11/13/2011 1:18:59 PM EDT
Two questions

1. Is .223/5.56 legal for deer in Oklahoma?

2. Is there a magazine limit?

Thanks for any help
Link Posted: 11/13/2011 1:23:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes.  And the mag limit is 7 rounds.
Link Posted: 11/13/2011 1:26:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/13/2011 2:34:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Awesome guys. Thanks!
Link Posted: 11/13/2011 6:13:53 PM EDT
[#4]
so you have to have a 5 round mag.  it says the mag/clip cant be able to hold more than 7; not that you cant just load 7 rounds in a 30 round mag.
Link Posted: 11/13/2011 9:53:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
so you have to have a 5 round mag.  it says the mag/clip cant be able to hold more than 7; not that you cant just load 7 rounds in a 30 round mag.

There's probably a way to block it off so that it will only hold 7 rounds.
Link Posted: 11/14/2011 3:00:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

No, I don't have a 5 round mag but I have plenty of 20rd mags and a virtually endless supply of wood blocks.

Link Posted: 11/14/2011 4:58:40 AM EDT
[#7]
So an AR15 that shoots 7.62x39 can have a 30rd mag?
Link Posted: 11/14/2011 5:07:39 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
So an AR15 that shoots 7.62x39 can have a 30rd mag?

I say yes, AK to  one of those law in OKLA
Link Posted: 11/14/2011 5:11:50 AM EDT
[#9]
i think if you need more then 3 rounds your doing something wrong.
Link Posted: 11/14/2011 5:19:15 AM EDT
[#10]
Never a question of need.

Quite ovious the lawmakers didn't think that ruling through by applying it to only one caliber.
Link Posted: 11/14/2011 8:11:25 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

hell if you need more than one on a deer you're doing something wrong; like hitting them in the wrong place

Link Posted: 11/14/2011 10:54:04 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

hell if you need more than one on a deer you're doing something wrong; like hitting them in the wrong place

i was going to say 1 round but there have been times back home in NC that 3 was needed,    

Round 1   Used to shoot a Small doe dressed at 80lbs

20 mins later
Round 2   Walking back to the truck an 8 point jumps the path in front of me i miss

15 mins later
Round 3 Driving my truck into get the doe, i get out and the same buck is on the ridge behind where the doe was.  I shoot him he rans and i spend twice as long as i planned dressing and dragging deer.

Link Posted: 11/14/2011 11:03:48 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

i was going to say 1 round but there have been times back home in NC that 3 was needed,    

20 mins later
Round 2   Walking back to the truck an 8 point jumps the path in front of me i miss

15 mins later
Round 3 Driving my truck into get the doe, i get out and the same buck is on the ridge behind where the doe was.  I shoot him he rans and i spend twice as long as i planned dressing and dragging deer.

but you didn't need three for one deer

Link Posted: 11/14/2011 11:22:16 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

20 mins later

15 mins later

Two in the chest and one in the head , thats 3 rds

Link Posted: 11/14/2011 11:55:12 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

What if I've got 6 tags? Should I just wait until they line up and shoot them in pairs?

Link Posted: 11/14/2011 11:57:46 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

20 mins later

15 mins later

Two in the chest and one in the head , thats 3 rds

that's only for rabid deer that are charging you from 7yards

Link Posted: 11/14/2011 11:58:28 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:

What if I've got 6 tags? Should I just wait until they line up and shoot them in pairs?

that's what I'd say to do, it makes for a better deer hunting story

Link Posted: 11/14/2011 12:18:15 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Here's a hunting story. I saw the doe but didn't see the buck.
The same bullet got both of them.

Link Posted: 11/14/2011 12:30:28 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a22/danc46/IMG_0007-2.jpg

On/from the road with a pickup. Way to save ammo, dan
Link Posted: 11/14/2011 1:54:38 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a22/danc46/IMG_0007-2.jpg

Nice shooting Tex!  Two for the price of one!!!!
Link Posted: 11/14/2011 2:59:34 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

It's a private road in front of my place. I was sitting at the gate waiting for my boys to come out.
I actually shot a coyote from the same place about 10 minutes earlier.
I did give all the critters a sporting chance though.
I shot across the bed of the truck instead of out the window.

Link Posted: 11/14/2011 3:55:44 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's a private road in front of my place. I was sitting at the gate waiting for my boys to come out.

What's up with the tire marks across the deer?

Link Posted: 11/14/2011 4:19:13 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What's up with the tire marks across the deer?

Didn't want to ruin the story of killing two deer with one bullet by shooting them again!
Link Posted: 11/14/2011 7:40:35 PM EDT
[#24]
Some of you guys sound like a bunch of anti-gunners/hunters. Stupid to assume a  hunter will load 30 rounds in a 30rd mag to hunt deer. Might be the only mag a guy has and might only be loaded with 1 rd. Do you also assume a hunter has 5 rds in 5rd mag? Should it take 5rds to kill a deer? Stupid argument. Stupid assumption.

My point was to confirm it only applied to .22 caliber guns and that it was stupid of the legislators to limit it to one caliber. Can't fathom their justification other than true ignorance of current long guns available that use a detachable mag.

Link Posted: 11/14/2011 8:09:24 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Some of you guys sound like a bunch of anti-gunners/hunters. Stupid to assume a  hunter will load 30 rounds in a 30rd mag to hunt deer. Might be the only mag a guy has and might only be loaded with 1 rd. Do you also assume a hunter has 5 rds in 5rd mag? Should it take 5rds to kill a deer? Stupid argument. Stupid assumption.

My point was to confirm it only applied to .22 caliber guns and that it was stupid of the legislators to limit it to one caliber. Can't fathom their justification other than true ignorance of current long guns available that use a detachable mag.

I'm glad they're ignorant.  Wouldn't want them realizing that their law doesn't prevent me from walking out into the woods with an AK with a 40 round magazine and going hunting.
Link Posted: 11/14/2011 8:54:20 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

It's more than ignorance.
It involves the crap that goes on between the ODWC and the state legislature.
Egos and compromise cause stupid sh*t like this and has for decades.

Link Posted: 11/14/2011 9:09:16 PM EDT
[#27]
The more I read about stupid shit from the so called leaders and gov't in this state, the more I'm convinced being a firearms enthusist is a wise and prudent endeavor.
Link Posted: 11/15/2011 4:05:33 AM EDT
[#28]
I was talking to an OK game warden the other day and we were discussing the differences between the game laws. He called Texas "The Land of Spotlights". He said he used to fly around occasionally with someone else looking for people spotlighting in Oklahoma. He said you always knew when you were close to the Red River because there would be spotlights as far as you could see on the south side of the river.

Link Posted: 11/15/2011 6:50:31 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I'm a Tactical Fudd!

Link Posted: 11/15/2011 7:02:49 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

You would be surprised how many people would walk around the woods with a 30rd mag going to war with deer, the Arm chair Commando , what I see at the range sometime scare the crap out of me, one reason why I done with hunting on State land,  but it wont be long till it catches up the the other Caliber when someone f<>k up and you know what I am saying is true .
Link Posted: 11/15/2011 7:50:31 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

NO.... Some of the dumb MF'rs I have known in my life around here would do that very thing.  These are the same jerkoffs that will take a chance on a head shot and wound an animal so they can get to tell a great story later IF they make the shot count!  These are the same A-Holes that will kill a buck and cut the head and tail off and leave it laying to rot.... I could go on if you like.  I am not anti-gun or anti hunter/hunting.  I am anti douche-bag that shouldn't be in the woods to begin with.  You wanna hunt deer?  Buy an Fn deer rifle! Can't afford one?  Come and borrow mine, or borrow a buddies.  It ain't rocket science.  If you can afford to own an AR with $1000.00 worth of crap bolted on to it you can afford a $300.00 cheap bolt action and a tapco scope.

Link Posted: 11/15/2011 8:18:54 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:

NO.... Some of the dumb MF'rs I have known in my life around here would do that very thing.  These are the same jerkoffs that will take a chance on a head shot and wound an animal so they can get to tell a great story later IF they make the shot count!  These are the same A-Holes that will kill a buck and cut the head and tail off and leave it laying to rot.... I could go on if you like.  I am not anti-gun or anti hunter/hunting.  I am anti douche-bag that shouldn't be in the woods to begin with.  You wanna hunt deer?  Buy an Fn deer rifle! Can't afford one?  Come and borrow mine, or borrow a buddies.  It ain't rocket science.  If you can afford to own an AR with $1000.00 worth of crap bolted on to it you can afford a $300.00 cheap bolt action and a tapco scope.

I'd hunt with an M-60 if I could. Don't like it? Tough shit, it's called freedom.

Shit man as an old FO, I'd hunt deer by calling in 155mm on its ass. It's called "hunting", not "shooting and then eating".
Link Posted: 11/15/2011 8:36:04 AM EDT
[#33]
Well once again you have completely missed th epoint for the sake of arguing.  I am not worried about freedom.  I am not against freedom/hunting/ARs or whatver.  i am against stupidity!  Cheers.
Link Posted: 11/15/2011 9:38:02 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I'm a Tactical Truck Stop Rest Room Fudd!

Fixed it for you PC!

Link Posted: 11/15/2011 10:14:03 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
You would be surprised how many people would walk around the woods with a 30rd mag going to war with deer, the Arm chair Commando , what I see at the range sometime scare the crap out of me, one reason why I done with hunting on State land,  but it wont be long till it catches up the the other Caliber when someone f<>k up and you know what I am saying is true .

We go out with loaded mags all of the time in Texas. We've killed 6 hogs and a coyote so far this year when we were out" deer hunting". I personally think that the magazine limits that some states have are stupid and think it's funny that some people defend them.

What difference does it make if I've got 7 rounds or 30 loaded? It takes a whole 2 seconds to jam in another magazine.

Link Posted: 11/15/2011 10:56:18 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:

We go out with loaded mags all of the time in Texas. We've killed 6 hogs and a coyote so far this year when we were out" deer hunting". I personally think that the magazine limits that some states have are stupid and think it's funny that some people defend them.

What difference does it make if I've got 7 rounds or 30 loaded? It takes a whole 2 seconds to jam in another magazine.

It don't make a differences to me if you hunt with a 30rd mag  or not , its the person behind the gun that can make a bad decisions,
if you are safe, blast away, but their are the few that can get you killed, even with 8rds I always had rounds left over , but if you get into a
mess of pig you need more than 30rds ,dang things are fast ! And its fun !  
Link Posted: 11/15/2011 11:46:33 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Well once again you have completely missed th epoint for the sake of arguing.  I am not worried about freedom. Not yours, just everyone elses, it seems I am not against freedom/hunting/ARs or whatver.  i am against stupidity!  Your version would seem to be different than mine Cheers.

Nothing about feelings?
Link Posted: 11/15/2011 12:07:53 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Nothing about feelings?

Well, if you insist on wanting to know how I feel, here goes.

Link Posted: 11/15/2011 1:45:32 PM EDT
[#39]
So can I use my Saiga 12 with 20 slugs?
Link Posted: 11/15/2011 2:00:22 PM EDT
[#40]
Posted by higginwm;
NO.... Some of the dumb MF'rs I have known in my life around here would do that very thing. These are the same jerkoffs that will take a chance on a head shot and wound an animal so they can get to tell a great story later IF they make the shot count! They can do this with 5 rounds too.

These are the same A-Holes that will kill a buck and cut the head and tail off and leave it laying to rot.... I could go on if you like. Not germain to the discussion of round count.

I am not anti-gun or anti hunter/hunting. I didn't mention your name or even refer to you. If my comment doesn't apply to then unwad your panties and don't take offense.

I am anti douche-bag that shouldn't be in the woods to begin with. And who gets to decide that? You?

You wanna hunt deer? Buy an Fn deer rifle! Ihave one and it's an AR15 in .30 caliber. Is there a mandatory definition of a deer rifle that says it's supposed to be bolt action with a scope and have wood stocks?

Can't afford one? Come and borrow mine, or borrow a buddies. It ain't rocket science. If you can afford to own an AR with $1000.00 worth of crap bolted on to it you can afford a $300.00 cheap bolt action and a tapco scope. How would you know the finances of another hunter? Not if you already spent all your money on one rifle that a shooter decided he wanted/needed that could be used in multiple rolls. Are you now saying noone should hunt with an AR?

Maybe some hunters want to be able to protect themselves against rogue/stupid/ delusional hunters like the one that thought he was being targeted and shot and killed a bunch of other hunters with an SKS. I'm not advocating the mag size law one way or the other. It just makes no sense how they came to decision to limit it to one caliber. I don't care if a hunter has a single shot rifle or is toting a full 30rd mag. I might hate douche bag hunters and some of their antics but I'm also not obligated to try and stop them nor do I have the authority to do so. If I identify one, I move somewhere else and hunt and report them when the opportunity arises.
Link Posted: 11/15/2011 2:12:48 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Can't fathom their justification other than true ignorance of current long guns available that use a detachable mag.

Stupid assumption

Link Posted: 11/15/2011 3:49:54 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nothing about feelings?

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a22/danc46/finger.jpg

Who asked you? More importantly, who cares?

Link Posted: 11/15/2011 5:42:48 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nothing about feelings?

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a22/danc46/finger.jpg

Who asked you? More importantly, who cares?

Link Posted: 11/15/2011 7:16:36 PM EDT
[#44]
I'm going to say because some you clearly don't get it.

Hunters have to be prepared while hunting for a ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE . Could happen any time and if you ain't prepared you won't be spared.
Link Posted: 11/16/2011 5:04:23 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Hunters have to be prepared while hunting for a ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE . Could happen any time and if you ain't prepared you won't be spared.

I watched that on AMC last night.  TERRIBLE movie.  

Yes and some SOME hunters do feel the need to be tacticool while hunting.  I don't get it.... But that's just me I guess.  Seems like a good old fashioned 30-30, or 06' will do the deer in just fine.  Call me a purest but I like to hunt, not just go kill stuff.  Call a rebel if you will.

And for the members of the zombie nation out there a line from one of my favorite films.

"Zombies.... they creep me out man!".....
Link Posted: 11/16/2011 8:30:18 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes and some SOME hunters do feel the need to be tacticool while hunting.  I don't get it.... But that's just me I guess.  Seems like a good old fashioned 30-30, or 06' will do the deer in just fine.  Call me a purest but I like to hunt, not just go kill stuff.  Call a rebel if you will.

And for the members of the zombie nation out there a line from one of my favorite films.

Now we need to add Zombies to the list  of  UFOs , Mountain Lions and Bigfoot.
Link Posted: 11/16/2011 8:53:15 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm beginning to think theres no hope for you Doesnt matter if you get it or not. Its freedom in practice. You think your way is the only correct way? Why do you care so much about what others are doing? Like my old Mawmaw used to say "mind yourself"

I know, you just cant help yourself, can you?
Link Posted: 11/16/2011 9:30:02 AM EDT
[#48]
And you good sir are a blind fool.  You refuse to see that there are always two sides to every discussion.  My way is the only correct way..... for me.  You guys act like spoiled little girls everytime your told NO, or someone doesn't agree with you.  I don't care if you agree with me or not, you shouldn't care if I agree with you.  I have a God right to express my opinion.  Like you said earlier.  If you don't like it, TOUGH SHIT.  
Link Posted: 11/16/2011 9:56:36 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
And you good sir are a blind fool.  You refuse to see that there are always two sides to every discussion.  My way is the only correct way..... for me.  You guys act like spoiled little girls everytime your told NO, or someone doesn't agree with you.  I don't care if you agree with me or not, you shouldn't care if I agree with you.  I have a God right to express my opinion.  Like you said earlier.  If you don't like it, TOUGH SHIT.  

I don't give a crap what you think or do.....................until it affects or has the potential to affect me. That's the thing that people like you don't seem to get.

An example- Want to hunt deer with an M1 tank? As long as you have the land and the tank, I don't care. But you dont want someone else out in the woods with more than 7 rounds in a magazine. Why is that?
You live in a town but and are not directly affected by the pig problem but you complain about those who attempt to do something about it. Why?

Oh, and one side of any discussion is mine, and its always the right one. Thats just the way it is.

I will always default to more freedom. Always. Almost to the point of anarchy.

"Civilization" is a very thin layer on me
Link Posted: 11/16/2011 10:22:39 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
<Snip> TOUGH SHIT.  

I'm at work right now.  Should I pick up some laxatives to make that a little easier for you?

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top