Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/14/2011 11:15:18 PM EDT
Anybody else notice they installed a gun rack/counter back in the 15/I35 Walmart in Edmond?  Looks like they will be stocking rifles, they quit when the store moved from the 33rd Street location.  

I know some hate Walmart, but guns being sold at more places is a win/win I think.  Plus their .22 rifles were cheaper than most places.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 5:15:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Anybody else notice they installed a gun rack/counter back in the 15/I35 Walmart in Edmond?  Looks like they will be stocking rifles, they quit when the store moved from the 33rd Street location.  

I know some hate Walmart, but guns being sold at more places is a win/win I think.  Plus their .22 rifles were cheaper than most places.

After getting out of gun sales, then getting back into it is a HUGE policy reversal for Walmart.
That is a big plus like you say.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 5:29:11 AM EDT
[#2]
I've been given to understand that whether a store sold guns or not....was a decision made on a store by store basis...this being why some Wal Marts sold guns..while others do not.

Not for sure if it's a corporate thing..or a store manager thing..or both...but doesn't shock me that maybe more stores want to peddle guns. I think the 'PC' tide has crested..and is starting to ebb..
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 5:42:13 AM EDT
[#3]
They never stopped selling them down here in Lawton.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 6:35:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

They still sell them up in Miami, Ok where my folks live as well.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 7:14:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Where you been hiding? Hows the lil higgi?
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 7:53:06 AM EDT
[#6]
from what I understood the eastside norman walmart stopped selling guns because of problems keeping an ffl holder employed and the paper work strait.

way back when the old west side norman walmart was closing down and moving to their present location they were clearencing overstock rifles/shotguns out, so the $135+tax rem 870s express magnums were too good of deal to pass on, so I bought one, didn't even bother looking in the box, but a couple of days later I went to put the barrel on and shoot it and damned if it wasn't a 20ga in a 12ga box.

called them up and they said bring it back and they'd get it straitened out, got back up there and they couldn't match a 12ga 870 to the serial number they'd put on the 4473 that was filled out for my purchase, so they got another 12ga, filled out another 4473 correctly and off I went.

the next time I bought a rifle at the "new" present location westside store they had a doublecheck template that overlaid the 4473 that the mod checked, if any info didn't show up in the correct location or was incorrect the 4473 was rejected and the sale stopped.

I asked when they started doing this and the mgr told me when the atf man said any further paperwork incidents would be considered as intentional.

had a ffl I used for transfers/shippments down south tell me the atf man had a simular conversation with him, he did a damn thorough check, double check, triple check of the 4473 before he'd even call in for the background check.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 8:40:41 AM EDT
[#7]
Considering they shot themselves in the foot when they made the move . . . . .

Kinda like Sportsmans Warehouse . . . . . . They missed the boat by millions of $$ in sales so far. . . . . .
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 8:44:01 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I've been given to understand that whether a store sold guns or not....was a decision made on a store by store basis...this being why some Wal Marts sold guns..while others do not.

Not for sure if it's a corporate thing..or a store manager thing..or both...but doesn't shock me that maybe more stores want to peddle guns. I think the 'PC' tide has crested..and is starting to ebb..

That's what I was told by the firearms guy at a Stillwater store- basically its about demographics.  No point in having them at every store when the next gun retailing location is but a few miles away.

Makes sense.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 12:03:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's what I was told by the firearms guy at a Stillwater store- basically its about demographics.  No point in having them at every store when the next gun retailing location is but a few miles away.

Makes sense.
Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

Yeah except the closest store around here that does is I think Norman.  Made zero sense for them to stop up here, especially with all the rural area in east Edmond and beyond being the perfect demographic.

And like Dan said that's a huge reversal.  I asked some employees to see if they knew what they were going to carry but they werent sure, they said the display just went in that day or the night before.

c'mon cheap Marlin .22's
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 12:06:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Where you been hiding? Hows the lil higgi?

Hey we're all getting along good.  The likl tyke is coming right along.  Momma is 14 weeks now.  She's starting to get that little baby bulge.  Can't wait to be a ddady.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 7:51:47 PM EDT
[#11]
I can remember when our small town Wal Mart had rifles, shotguns, handguns, muzzle loaders..plus accesories and ammo..a good archery supply too ....then the handguns went bye-bye...then non...notta..zilch...you could get tennis balls, rifle scopes, and Buck knives., and baseball bats...some ammunition. Then they 'super-centered'...soon a strange dude takes over the new Wal Mart sports department. Appears to be a ex-methy..but has built the inventory dedicated to shooting supplies up. Has fought the 'Obama ammo scare wars and ammoshortage with style...doing his best to keep ammo in stock.

He's even managed to get muzzle-loaders back in the store...and I've been hoping they would bring back the guns.

Wal Mart would've made a killing selling AR rifles/carbines during the recent 'public rearmament' coincidental with Obama's election.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 6:38:40 PM EDT
[#12]
I got the dang ol flip down there once.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top