Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/12/2011 5:24:52 PM EDT
Just watched it today. Hear a few "critics" gave it a bad wrap for bein overly cheesy. I actuall think it was a decent movie, even had a reference to Capt. Lloyd Williams at the battle of Belleau wood with the legendary words of "retreat? Hell we just got here!" The vehicles and gear were legit, the ACOG reticals were good to go. It did have mushy moments but it was pretty good. It even had my beloved LAV-25s so I was pretty excited about that, I think one of the LAR units loaned some of their pigs to the makers for the film cause they looked loaded for battle, POL jugs, spare tires, concertina wire, ect... I liked it. Thought id share my experience.
Link Posted: 3/12/2011 8:04:00 PM EDT
[#1]
It was a pretty cheesy movie at the very first. I didn't watch more than 10 minutes of it. It looked like a knock off from Independence Day.
I'll watch it all the way through next time it comes on.
Link Posted: 3/12/2011 8:14:29 PM EDT
[#2]
never heard of it
Link Posted: 3/12/2011 8:20:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
It was a pretty cheesy movie at the very first. I didn't watch more than 10 minutes of it. It looked like a knock off from Independence Day.

I think it is in a way, kind of a "Independance Day", just with ground fighting. I did enjoy it though.
Link Posted: 3/12/2011 8:21:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
never heard of it

New movie, came out yesterday
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 2:05:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Not the one on the sci-fi channel the one that came out in theaters And it was an awesome movie
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 2:38:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
never heard of it

You didn't miss anything. Like Dan, I didn't get past the first 10 minutes of it.
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 8:31:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
never heard of it

You didn't miss anything. Like Dan, I didn't get past the first 10 minutes of it.

Nden doesn't really care if he missed it.
He's too busy watching John Wayne movies anyway.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 4:31:08 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
never heard of it

Link Posted: 3/14/2011 4:51:24 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
never heard of it

yeah I like to watch the shootest, the cowboy's, the sands of iwo jima..........you know all the ones his character dies in

Link Posted: 3/14/2011 4:55:36 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
never heard of it

yeah I like to watch the shootest, the cowboy's, the sands of iwo jima..........you know all the ones his character dies in

Link Posted: 3/14/2011 2:51:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
never heard of it

I do the same thing with Steven Seagal movies

Wife isn't much of a SciFi fan so I'm going to have to wait for Netflix for this one.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 5:02:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
never heard of it

Wife isn't much of a SciFi fan so I'm going to have to wait for Netflix for this one.

yeah, seagal is another that I don't think his character has died in enough movies..........I can only think of two, executive decision and machete, they did it right in executive decision though, they killed him off right near the beginning so he didn't ruin the rest of an already shitty movie

Link Posted: 3/14/2011 6:15:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
never heard of it

yeah, seagal is another that I don't think his character has died in enough movies..........I can only think of two, executive decision and machete, they did it right in executive decision though, they killed him off right near the beginning so he didn't ruin the rest of an already shitty movie

[lol2] that's fucked up
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 6:30:15 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I remember reading something about Steven Seagal and his custom 1911s. When he first started his movie career, he had Armand Swenson in California build him several. He wore them out shooting a 1000 rounds a week.
And he actually did work with the LAPD training them in custody and control techniques.
But that doesn't make up for the fact he sucks as an actor.

Link Posted: 3/14/2011 7:13:50 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I remember reading something about Steven Seagal and his custom 1911s. When he first started his movie career, he had Armand Swenson in California build him several. He wore them out shooting a 1000 rounds a week.
And he actually did work with the LAPD training them in custody and control techniques.
But that doesn't make up for the fact he sucks as an actor.

I seen show on cable a few years back where he was working for a sheriffs dept in I think louisiana or mississippi, I don't know if it was reality show, spoof or what, hadn't seen it broadcast since, course I don't have cable either.

Link Posted: 3/14/2011 7:16:50 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
never heard of it

[lol2] that's fucked up

which part?
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 7:39:13 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I seen show on cable a few years back where he was working for a sheriffs dept in I think louisiana or mississippi, I don't know if it was reality show, spoof or what, hadn't seen it broadcast since, course I don't have cable either.

I'm not sure if it's still on but I believe it's the Parish Sheriff's department down around New Orleans.
My "brother" is a past NCAA Div II karate champion back in the 70s. He retired from the Pittsburgh Police Bureau.
He likes Steven Seagal a lot. He also knows Chuck Norris personally from having the same Korean instructor. He says both of them are outstanding individuals.
It's a good thing cuz neither of them were very good actors.

Quoted:
Quoted:

[lol2] that's fucked up

which part?

The part where John Wayne gets killed of course.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 8:01:59 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not sure if it's still on but I believe it's the Parish Sheriff's department down around New Orleans.
My "brother" is a past NCAA Div II karate champion back in the 70s. He retired from the Pittsburgh Police Bureau.
He likes Steven Seagal a lot. He also knows Chuck Norris personally from having the same Korean instructor. He says both of them are outstanding individuals.
It's a good thing cuz neither of them were very good actors.

I shook hands with chuck norris when I was kid and I didn't get a roundhouse to the head either; him, his brother and their crew came to my school and put on a karate exhibition, then chuck spoke to us about staying off the dope and being good productive Americans; he didn't have the beard either.

the only thing seagal had going for him was when he married kelly lebrock (the hot chick in "weird science")

Quoted:
Quoted:

[lol2] that's fucked up

which part?

The part where John Wayne gets killed of course.

why would that be weird? wayne has been dead for 35 years.

tell you what would be the basis for a weird flick, that'd be seagal and norris fighting zombie cowboys lead by wayne.

tell you though, my favorite wayne movie(s) are "big jake" (poor acting by all the actors, but a damn decent story line; would like to see this one remade) and "the cowboys", to me that was the best movie he ever made.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 12:44:36 PM EDT
[#19]
Chuck Norris doesn't need to act.  He just roundhouse kicks the movie into AWESOME.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 3:53:29 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Chuck Norris doesn't need to act.  He just roundhouse kicks the movie into AWESOME.

Link Posted: 3/15/2011 5:09:14 PM EDT
[#21]
I went and saw it. I thought it was very good for the genra.
Dont listen to the people saying they only watched 10 min, They missed out.
I went to this movie because my son wanted to see it. I was thinking it was going to suck.
This Movie was very good if you can get over the whole fighting Aliens part.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 5:17:10 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I went and saw it. I thought it was very good for the genra.
Dont listen to the people saying they only watched 10 min, They missed out.
I went to this movie because my son wanted to see it. I was thinking it was going to suck.
This Movie was very good if you can get over the whole fighting Aliens part.

We weren't talking about the one on at the movies.
The one that came on the SyFy channel was not real good.
I think that is the one LAR is talking about.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top