Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/27/2011 5:45:07 PM EDT
The weather was nice enough today that a couple of friends and I decided to go shooting.  I brought my new .22 single action, .22 bolt rifle, my mosin, and my friend and his wife brought his 1911.  Other than his rear sight having moved to the right somehow (it now shoots 4" to the left at about 10 feet) everything worked perfectly and it was a good day to visit the range.  I brought my younger sister along.  She did alright with the revolver, but once she got used to the 1911 she was outshooting me.  I blame it on her using the laser and me trying to adjust to the misaligned sights.  I finally talked my buddy into shooting my mosin for the first time.  He's never shot a rifle larger than .22 so he was apprehensive but after a couple of shots he turned to his wife.  She sighed, looked at me, looked back, and said "ok, but I want a new necklace too."

Yup, a good day to go shooting.
Link Posted: 1/27/2011 6:13:02 PM EDT
[#1]
haha got outshot by a girl
Link Posted: 1/27/2011 6:30:02 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm that good of a teacher.
Link Posted: 1/27/2011 6:34:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

stop it, you're starting to sound a lot like higgi

Link Posted: 1/27/2011 6:55:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Don't be mistaken, I am that GOOD of a teacher.  Glad you got out today and enjoyed the day.  Looks like tomorrow and Sat should be a good day too.  Unfortunately I will not have a chance to go unless it is on Sunday morning.
Link Posted: 1/28/2011 2:41:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

stop it, you're starting to sound a lot like higgi

Easy now!!!  I am that good a teacher!  
Link Posted: 1/28/2011 2:42:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Don't be mistaken, I am that GOOD of a teacher.  Glad you got out today and enjoyed the day.  Looks like tomorrow and Sat should be a good day too.  Unfortunately I will not have a chance to go unless it is on Sunday morning.

Fuck that... It is supposed to be colder than hell Sunday.  I'm sleeping in.
Link Posted: 1/28/2011 2:42:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Fuck that... It is supposed to be colder than hell Sunday.  I'm sleeping in.
Link Posted: 1/28/2011 7:24:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Major ice storm will be arriving early Tuesday morning.  Make sure to stock up on gasoline or diesel for your generator and plenty of food in the pantry.
Link Posted: 1/28/2011 9:29:35 PM EDT
[#9]
I spent the day riding my bike around the metro vehicle shopping; looked at lots of vehicles and never found one I'd pay as much as they were asking for it.

fuckmefunny found out most car lots don't put prices on used cars anymore too, and all the salemen got fucking attitudes, shit attitudes at that, which makes my attitude go to shit as well which pretty much means any kind of gainfull negociations are shot, course I'm kicking tires too, but if I find one I really like I'm apt to buy it, but then again my attitude is pretty narrow when I feel I'm being talked down to and that makes my wallet snap shut harder than a nun's knees.

ask for the price and they all ask how much you want to pay a month, so you tell them "I don't know until you tell what the price of the car is first"

and they give you some fucked up price that's higher than a new one, had one tell me he don't sell outright for cash cause he don't make enough money, he only finances them since he's a buy here/pay here dealer.

had another salesman tell me they were helping the bank sell it's repos, and I said great, how much for this here altama, he says "how much you looking to pay per month", I say "how much is the car and then I'll know since ya'll don't put the price on the cars" and he says "sold one just like this one this morning and the bank lost $800 on the deal"

I told him "bullshit, there isn't a bank one ever loose money on a repo" and he says "no, no really" and I say "bullshit", then he says "well.......the bank gets it's money from the buyer", so I say "Goddamned right they do, you was telling me a story"

and he says "I wasn't telling you a story", so I say "alright, you was outright lying to me then, because banks don't loose money ever on repos; now what's the price on this car?"

he goes in and gets him a drink of water (seen him through the window); while he's inside drinking water the sales chick trainee he got with him asked what I do for a living so I tell her "I work for a gvn't reglatory commission that ensures the integrity of the business and conducts investigations of any inpropriaties such as theft, deception, failure to follow fed/state regs by employee's etc" (no tale either since that's a small part of what I do for a living), the chick quit talking to me.

the dude then comes back out and says "that car there is $25900, and it's got 22k miles on it", so I thanked him and turned to leave and he said "I got other cars, what's your price range", so I say "nah man, we're just wasting eachother's time, you don't have a car on this lot in my price range, plenty of other car lots around that do though (little did I know at the time there wasnt' any with the milage range I want to stay in at any lot I checked)"

checked out some jeeps at another, fuckmefunny a Goddamned plainjane wrangler is $25k nowdays, looked at a 09' with 35k miles and it was either $17k or $21k (the sales mgr couldn't ever settle on a solid number), then he tried to get the salesman to show me a 3/4 ton dodge 4x4, told him I wasn't interested in a dodge truck, and he asked why not so I told him I don't like dodge trucks and he says man you're in a dodge dealership so I say yeah man, but I'm not looking at the dodge trucks, I'm looking at the jeeps and I'm blown away by sticker shock,

that the last time I bought a 4x4 was back in 96' when I bought a k1500 chevy xcab with silverado package for $17800 and jeeps were like $14k and he shrugs his shoulders and say's inflation, have you seen that truck right there (points to one on showroom floor) it's $50k and I said yeah, that's why it's sitting in the showroom instead of somebody's driveway.

maybe I'm just too cheap to buy a car off a lot theses days, fuckmefunny people that's buying must be finding some Goddamned good deals, making some pretty good money or in debt out the yingyang having financed 84+ months worth.

figure since seeing prices on new vehicles I'm going to try and save up at least $10k, preferably more for a down payment on a new, or outright buy off an individual.

gonna get some riding in tomorrow though, damn nice weather to be fucking around looking at cars
Link Posted: 1/28/2011 9:57:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Wait until there is an inch of ice on the ground or a foot of snow then go car shopping.
They seem to get a little more reasonable when you the only person they have talked to in two days..
Worked for me... but your right, car prices are crazy anymore..
Link Posted: 1/28/2011 10:04:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Wait until there is an inch of ice on the ground or a foot of snow then go car shopping.
They seem to get a little more reasonable when you the only person they have talked to in two days..
Worked for me... but your right, car prices are crazy anymore..

In the past few years my dad has had some pretty good luck on the last day of the month.  Nden, if the weather's not too bad and you're not working try again on Monday.
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 3:26:11 AM EDT
[#12]
A friend worked as an agent for the state Used Motor Vehicles and Parts Commission. He talked about people "curbing" cars, more than 5 a year and they have to have a license. A guy up by me in Crescent sold used mobile homes without a license and my buddy nailed him after he saw the mobile home lot after he came up hunting.
You'll find that agency doesn't press charges against used car dealers. The head of the agency often gets a car cheap from a used car dealer than "curbs" it himself for a lot more money.
About 20 or so of them in the last few years.
And he doesn't have a license but then again he doesn't need to follow the law.
He's the head of the commission.
There is very little law enforcement in this state when it comes to buying from a used car dealer.

ETA I had a dozer out on my back pasture yesterday. I'm only gaining about two acres of pasture with the clearing but it's opening up the pasture like you wouldn't believe.  It's opened up where you can see another 5 or so clearly.
I pushed over lots of cedars (big ones) and quite a few elms. I've still got some oak trees left as well a a few tall elms and cottonwoods. I'm going to till it up and put some vetch in. It won't be straight pulls with the disc, but the ground is terraced anyway.
It's an interesting piece of dirt.
I wore sun glasses all day yesterday and the gal at the convenience store told me I looked like a raccoon because around my eyes are white and the rest of my face was red as a beat.
The sun is hard on us fair complicated white boys!
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 4:09:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Dan,

Was he selling the mobile homes south of Crescent at Twin Lakes Rd. & HW74..?
I seen some for sale there over the years..

Where did you get the Dozer?
We have a bunch of work to do on our place and I need to find a place to rent one..

Andy..
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 4:19:31 PM EDT
[#14]
Andy, that preacher has his mobile homes by Lakeside. Yeah, that's him.
I paid the dozer operator $80 per hour instead of renting one. It's AJ C......ll out of Dover.
He's a friend's son-in-law. The dozer is a DC3 Cat, about 18K, 85 horse. AJ is a good operator and did me a good job. He's also got a track hoe. I'm not sure of the bucket size but the track hoe is as big as they can get without getting permit to haul it.
I'll IM you his number and mine if you want to visit about him.
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 5:25:44 PM EDT
[#15]
Nden you are doing it wrong man. You need to buy used cars and trucks from private individuals, not dealers.
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 8:31:36 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Nden you are doing it wrong man. You need to buy used cars and trucks from private individuals, not dealers.

yeah man, that's how I've done that last several I've bought, just hadn't found anything I can afford outright, lots of people way upside down on vehicles and wanting out; guess I need to give my bank a call monday and see what loan amount I can get "pre approved" for while I'm saving for a cash deal.

hell right now I'm not desparate for a vehicle, just like something a little "newer" that's 4x4 and gets decent milage; there's quite a few 3/4 and 1t trucks out there that's in my price range, but fuckme I done got two of those already and don't need another; my old caprice still gets 20mpg but it's got 231k on it and I'm getting kind of leary of driving long distance with it.

temp stays in the 50s or higher and I'll ride my bike, can't beat 47mpg and 15 bucks a week; plus that's an extra $200 month I can save in gas that'll go toward my vehicle fund.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top