Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/25/2011 1:40:34 PM EDT
I walked into Tinker AFB AAFES yesterday and was shocked to see that they now have a gun shop. The prices are pretty good and there is no tax added to the purchase. You better go check it out before the gov't realizes they are selling guns and shuts the whole operation down!
Link Posted: 1/25/2011 2:26:20 PM EDT
[#1]

Best guns shop in the city hands down.
Link Posted: 1/25/2011 2:34:40 PM EDT
[#2]
How do I get there?  I am no longer in the military.
Link Posted: 1/25/2011 2:44:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Talk to DA. He can fix that.
Link Posted: 1/25/2011 3:31:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

We don't want your kind in there.

I remember seeing a list of AAFES stores in the States that sells guns in one of the recent sales flyers.

I'll probably stop by the next time I'm up in the city.
Link Posted: 1/25/2011 4:42:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Welcome to 5 months ago.
Link Posted: 1/25/2011 4:42:56 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Talk to DA. He can fix that.
He's in luck. DADT was repealed.

Link Posted: 1/25/2011 5:03:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Welcome to 5 months ago.

Yep, they've been advertising Rugers and whatnot in the sales ads I get in the mail for some time now.

When I saw that I checked the list of PX's that sell firearms and Tinker was one.

ETA: Hopefully you don't have to register it on base to transport it off base.
Link Posted: 1/25/2011 5:17:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Will they order items for you if they dont have it?  
This my be 5 month old news to you guys but since I only come out of my cellar every 5 months, its new info to me
Link Posted: 1/25/2011 6:10:47 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Will they order items for you if they dont have it?  

This my be 5 month old news to you guys but since I only come out of my cellar every 5 months, its new info to me

The will get you anything you want. They deal with RSR and Sport South that I know of, and maybe Lipseys.

Link Posted: 1/25/2011 8:01:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Thanks for the info.  Since they are AAFES are their prices better then dealer cost or higher then dealer but lower than Heartland and H&H?
Link Posted: 1/26/2011 9:17:09 AM EDT
[#11]
They are fair price with no tax. Honestly easily the best gun shop in town. They may not have fifty million types of ammo for each caliber but they have likely what you want at the price you want to pay. They also stock acogs, eotechs, aimpoints, barretts, barrett .50 ammo. . . hell the list just keeps going on and on. Stripped lowers  . . . . hell man go check them out. Its small but like Aron said they will get you what you want at the price you want to pay.  .. . . . . did I mention its all tax free. .. . . .

Link Posted: 1/26/2011 9:38:17 AM EDT
[#12]
Glad to hear the military guys get a break.
Link Posted: 1/26/2011 2:13:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Who is going to take me into the store?  I am no longer in the service either.
Link Posted: 1/26/2011 7:18:06 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
They are fair price with no tax. Honestly easily the best gun shop in town. They may not have fifty million types of ammo for each caliber but they have likely what you want at the price you want to pay. They also stock acogs, eotechs, aimpoints, barretts, barrett .50 ammo. . . hell the list just keeps going on and on. Stripped lowers  . . . . hell man go check them out. Its small but like Aron said they will get you what you want at the price you want to pay.  .. . . . . did I mention its all tax free. .. . . .

When you say stock, you mean they actually have it on hand?  

I'm interested in buying an Aimpoint CompM2 and the tax savings alone would be easily worth the trip.
Link Posted: 1/27/2011 7:22:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Prices are okay.  You can find a better deal if you shop around.  My buddy just picked up a Glock 17 with night sights from Cold Hand cheaper out the door than if he would have bought it at AAFES.
Link Posted: 1/27/2011 8:46:03 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Prices are okay.  You can find a better deal if you shop around.  My buddy just picked up a Glock 17 with night sights from Cold Hand cheaper out the door than if he would have bought it at AAFES.

Why didn't you stop him??  Those things will blow up if you look at them wrong!

Friends don't let friends buy Glocks.  

Some of their ammo is reasonably priced though, comparable to off-base.
Link Posted: 1/28/2011 7:59:44 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm interested in buying an Aimpoint CompM2 and the tax savings alone would be easily worth the trip.

They didn't have the M2 (nor could they find it to order it) but they do have 2 of the ML2 models in stock. $525ea.
Link Posted: 1/28/2011 9:40:08 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:

SWFA has a group buy on Aimpoints going on right now over in the EE.
Link Posted: 1/28/2011 9:49:25 AM EDT
[#19]
Funny thing is its for the M68cco AAFES package.
Link Posted: 1/28/2011 10:03:39 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Thanks Chuck and Fister, the price seems really good with the options that come along with it.  

I like my EOTech, but this is the final piece I need to duplicate my issued M4 (aside from burst, of course).

ETA: I just remembered they have that little tactical store on Sill now,  I gotta go into town, might as well throw my magic PT belt of invincibility in the saddlebag and stop by.
Link Posted: 1/28/2011 10:33:22 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks Chuck and Fister, the price seems really good with the options that come along with it.  

I like my EOTech, but this is the final piece I need to duplicate my issued M4 (aside from burst, of course).

ETA: I just remembered they have that little tactical store closet on Sill now,  I gotta go into town, might as well throw my magic PT belt of invincibility in the saddlebag and stop by.

Fixed it for you.
I wore mine today. It was kinda chilly on the way in this morning, but should be nice going home.
Link Posted: 1/28/2011 4:32:24 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

ETA: I just remembered they have that little tactical store closet on Sill now,  I gotta go into town, might as well throw my magic PT belt of invincibility in the saddlebag and stop by.

Fixed it for you.
I wore mine today. It was kinda chilly on the way in this morning, but should be nice going home.

Yeah...

It's a closet alright.

I put in a request to see if they can order the M2/M68.

There is no reference to Aimpoint at all anywhere on the AAFES website.  Zeiss, ACOG, Nikon, and Burris are available, but no Aimpoint.   Maybe it's only through clothing sales.

ETA:  Ordered one. SWFA's price was way too good, I don't think AAFES can get close.
Link Posted: 1/28/2011 5:00:47 PM EDT
[#23]
I believe that AAFES will price match...
Link Posted: 1/28/2011 6:13:18 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Specifically, the gun counter will price match any local price within 90 miles.  They won't price match internet pricing.
Link Posted: 1/28/2011 7:10:50 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I forgot about that,  but they can't price match if I can't figure out how to buy it from them and they can't tell me if it's available.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top