Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 1/24/2011 6:30:45 AM EDT
Quoted:
Quote from the story" Cleo Land is an employee at Heartland Outdoors in Edmond and has over 30 plus years of experience as an Edmond police officer. He said he worries those like Wesselhoft have the wrong message.

"I prefer the element of surprise when it comes to carrying firearms," Land said.

Land said he believes openly carrying a weapon won't deter criminals but instead make those who choose to openly carry a target.

"If I walk into a room being just the average Joe, whether it be murder in mind or robbery in mind, that's the first guy I'm going to be targeting," Land said.

TRANSLATION- Barney Fife, who works at XYZ gunstore (and who couldn't find his backside with both hands) says that open carry means that bad guys will target the people open carrying. Those citizens will give the bad guys their guns, and the bad guys will then go to schools and nursing homes and kill kids and old folks.

I get so tired of this idiotic argument. Its my opinion that Mr Cleo Land is an Idiot, and not a friend of freedom. I will never patronize the business that employs him

Isn't Heartland Outdoors where Cold Hand Arms is having the FA shoot on February 4?
Link Posted: 1/24/2011 6:54:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Call Heartland and ask them if Cleo Land still works there. If they answer yes, ask them when he started his other job working as a spokesman for the Brady Center to Prevent Gun Violence.
Link Posted: 1/24/2011 7:10:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quote from the story" Cleo Land is an employee at Heartland Outdoors in Edmond and has over 30 plus years of experience as an Edmond police officer. He said he worries those like Wesselhoft have the wrong message.

"I prefer the element of surprise when it comes to carrying firearms," Land said.

Land said he believes openly carrying a weapon won't deter criminals but instead make those who choose to openly carry a target.

"If I walk into a room being just the average Joe, whether it be murder in mind or robbery in mind, that's the first guy I'm going to be targeting," Land said.

TRANSLATION- Barney Fife, who works at XYZ gunstore (and who couldn't find his backside with both hands) says that open carry means that bad guys will target the people open carrying. Those citizens will give the bad guys their guns, and the bad guys will then go to schools and nursing homes and kill kids and old folks.

I get so tired of this idiotic argument. Its my opinion that Mr Cleo Land is an Idiot, and not a friend of freedom. I will never patronize the business that employs him

Isn't Heartland Outdoors where Cold Hand Arms is having the FA shoot on February 4?

Yes and Yes I will join the boycott.
Link Posted: 1/24/2011 7:53:54 AM EDT
[#3]
I would be interested if any of ya'll have got Steve's opinion of the situation? Heartland isnt the only one involved in the shoot. If it just affected Heartland, I would wholeheartedly agree, but in this instance, you have another vendor who has done a lot locally for us, that probably doesnt agree with the guys response, and was probably unaware of the stance prior to the incident.
Link Posted: 1/24/2011 8:58:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I would be interested if any of ya'll have got Steve's opinion of the situation? Heartland isnt the only one involved in the shoot. If it just affected Heartland, I would wholeheartedly agree, but in this instance, you have another vendor who has done a lot locally for us, that probably doesnt agree with the guys response, and was probably unaware of the stance prior to the incident.

I am torn on this.  Cold Hand Arms is a great place with great service.  However, in my opinion they need to disassociate themselves from Heartland unless some kind of retraction is issued.

Edited for punctuation.
Link Posted: 1/24/2011 9:02:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Call Heartland and ask them if Cleo Land still works there. If they answer yes, ask them when he started his other job working as a spokesman for the Brady Center to Prevent Gun Violence.

Yes.

Quoted:

And yes.

Everything taken into consideration I think it would be a good idea to go to the shoot if you already planned on going so you can support Cold Hand.  If Land still works there direct as much of your money as possible towards Cold Hand and away from Heartland and politely inform them why.
Link Posted: 1/24/2011 9:05:16 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Nothing against Steve but in order to shoot his guns you have the ammo from Heartland. The guy does free transfers for arfcom members which is WAY cool, but I don't want to spent money someplace that does not support the cause.  JMHO.
Link Posted: 1/24/2011 9:12:25 AM EDT
[#7]
Boycotting them doesn't do any good unless you call and get in their ass about the issue.
It's better to say it to them face to face.
A cop, who carried a gun openly, day after day, year after year, saying he prefers to carry one concealed?
What a hypocrite!
Link Posted: 1/24/2011 9:36:00 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nothing against Steve but in order to shoot his guns you have the ammo from Heartland. The guy does free transfers for arfcom members which is WAY cool, but I don't want to spent money someplace that does not support the cause.  JMHO.

That would probably be a restriction put on by Heartland. There are some ranges that have stupid policies like that. You have to shoot H&H's ammo when shooting their stuff. Plus, it puts more money in Heartlands pocket, because you know they arent letting Steve do this out of the kindness of their heart, they want their cut too.
Link Posted: 1/24/2011 9:45:39 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Boycotting them doesn't do any good unless you call and get in their ass about the issue.
A cop, who carried a gun openly, day after day, year after year, saying he prefers to carry one concealed?
What a hypocrite!

just remember the remington/zumbo incident of a couple years back

Link Posted: 1/24/2011 9:46:22 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/24/2011 10:14:17 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That would probably be a restriction put on by Heartland. There are some ranges that have stupid policies like that. You have to shoot H&H's ammo when shooting their stuff. Plus, it puts more money in Heartlands pocket, because you know they arent letting Steve do this out of the kindness of their heart, they want their cut too.

That's why I hold nothing against Steve.  Heartland won't get my money.
Link Posted: 1/24/2011 10:23:44 AM EDT
[#12]
I believe everyone knows where I stand on this.

I also realize that its a crappy deal for Cold Hand. I will go out of my way to throw him some business; none that could be seen as supporting heartland however.

Its as simple as whats right is right. Anything else is just plain wrong.
Link Posted: 1/24/2011 11:04:59 AM EDT
[#13]
I think if enough people were vocal about their displeasure with this and said to the OWNERSHIP that they will no longer do business as long as the man is employed there they would probably let him go. Which is what should happen. Vote with your wallet but let the owners know why you are not spending your money there, economics will take care of the rest if it happens enough.

AFAIAC the man does not need to work in the gun business when he obviously does not care about the rights of Americans to own guns and protect themselves. Why should be profit from that same customer base?

Link Posted: 1/24/2011 11:24:03 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
What a hypocrite!

just remember the remington/zumbo incident of a couple years back

You know what this Edmond cop and Zumbo both have in common?
They were flapping their lips to try to impress somebody.
Link Posted: 1/24/2011 11:55:15 AM EDT
[#15]

My email to Heartland Outdoors, communication is the first step towards remediation of the problem.

Hello ,

I wanted to take the time to tell you that in the past I have shopped your store and found it to be a good business with a nice inventory, and helpful staff. However in light of the news article that contained opinions from one of your employees I do not think that I can give any future business to your store.  I want to quote to you from the article on News9.com.
http://www.news9.com/Global/story.asp?S=13893498

Cleo Land is an employee at Heartland Outdoors in Edmond and has over 30 plus years of experience as an Edmond police officer. He said he worries those like Wesselhoft have the wrong message.

I hope that you can understand what the problem is, and why I am taking exception to Mr. Land and his comments. Gun owners most of all should recognize how damaging comments by a man like this are to rights that we all are guaranteed.

Link Posted: 1/24/2011 12:02:58 PM EDT
[#16]
Talked to Cold Hand arms a few min ago. They are a go for the shoot.  (I probably pissed him off though) Which of corse was not my intention. I would however support a change in venue for the shoot.

For Heartland Outdoors a little helpful info:
Matt Crawford is the Manager
Barry Bryant is the Owner*
Todd Sorter is another Owner*
Shawn Forth is the third owner. *credited to Pattrick. Thanks man*

Perhaps a bit of retraining is in order.
Link Posted: 1/24/2011 12:12:03 PM EDT
[#17]
Did you guys even watch the news clip?  Have you ever been to Heartland Outdoors?  Have you ever met Cleo?  If you can answer yes to all 3 of these you will not be ranting and raving about 2nd ammendment rights.

I agree that he should have not said he opposed any gun anything but cut the guy and the store some slack.  Then come shoot the open/concealed carry gun match with us at Heartland on the 3rd Sunday of the month at 5:30.
Link Posted: 1/24/2011 12:13:26 PM EDT
[#18]
What match are they having on February 4th?
Link Posted: 1/24/2011 12:19:29 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Did you guys even watch the news clip?  Have you ever been to Heartland Outdoors?  Have you ever met Cleo?  If you can answer yes to all 3 of these you will not be ranting and raving about 2nd ammendment rights.

I can honestly answer Yes to all three. Hence why it bothers me so. Its time for some retraining inside the walls of heartland. This is not their first anti spin. It keeps happening because when they open their mouth to these reporters stupid comes out. Perhaps they should not be so quick to speak.                  

ETA  . . .It is also very likely that the reason the reporters continue to persue these "pro gun" areas is due to the lack of forthought from the persons answering the questions. A little thought goes a long way in this kind of media.

We as gun owners are not asking for much. We meerly want to be represented in a manner that does not shine a negative light on the group as a whole. There is no disclaimer on that artical and the reporter can slant it that way if it works for them because of just this. Mr. Land should have made it 100% clear that those views were his and his alone then if he and heartland did not want to raise any attention.
Link Posted: 1/24/2011 12:29:10 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

It's not a match it is a full auto shoot on Friday Feb. 4th from 6 to 9pm.  I feel bad for Steve.... This is not his fault.  Still I don't want to spend money somewher that doesn't support the cause.  Our gun rights are being whittled away anually. I am sick of having to look over my shoulder as a gun owner.  If Arizona had allowed open carry the results of the shooting there may have been very different.  Heartland ownership should know better.
Link Posted: 1/24/2011 12:34:12 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's not a match it is a full auto shoot on Friday Feb. 4th from 6 to 9pm.  I feel bad for Steve.... This is not his fault.  Still I don't want to spend money somewher that doesn't support the cause.  Our gun rights are being whittled away anually. I am sick of having to look over my shoulder as a gun owner.  If Arizona had allowed open carry the results of the shooting there may have been very different.  Heartland ownership should know better.
Higgimw

I do not want to poke you in the eye with a stick but AZ does have statewide open carry. At least one of the people who tackled the shooter was actually carrying at the time.

Link Posted: 1/24/2011 12:38:22 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 1/24/2011 12:48:38 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Higgimw

I do not want to poke you in the eye with a stick but AZ does have statewide open carry. At least one of the people who tackled the shooter was actually carrying at the time.

Yeah but I was on a roll........  Just let me run with it.  
Link Posted: 1/24/2011 12:56:32 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Higgimw

Ok I got yer back

Link Posted: 1/24/2011 1:17:17 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Higgimw

yep,

or it could have been worse;

even though there was legaly armed people there doesn't mean they had a clear shot, pretty sure there was lots of confusion with people running/dodging everywhere, and a legal shooter has responcibility for their actions, it's a shitty situation for sure but they can't just whip out their gun and go banging away since they own every bullet that comes out of their gun.

even if they were right next to the shooter and had a pass through that hit somebody on the other side, or even worse missed totaly and hit some kid down the block walking out the store holding their momma's hand, it's still their bullet.

that's why bad guys almost always have the upper hand in a shooting situation, they've already made up their minds they're getting out and it don't matter who or how many people they got to put down to do it, while a law abiding citizen has to carefully think about his every action to prevent himself from becoming a bad guy while trying to save his family, himself or others.

of course when it comes down to it, immediate aggression will save your ass more often then flight too; every situation is different but it's diffenantly is a spot on juggling match when innocents are involved and that bit of thoughtfull hesitation might cost you your life or others around you.

I think if you spoke with most street LE's they'd tell you (off the record of course) that they'd really rather see a gun on someone's hip instead of it being concelled.

and as I've said before, I think everybody that want's to carry a gun ought to be able to without all the bullshit we're made to jump through now to do so, and I think everybody that does ought to be open carry, just my opinion, but I'd think that everybody would be more respectfull of one another if we did so.
Link Posted: 1/24/2011 1:41:42 PM EDT
[#26]
Everyone.

Thank you for your concern.  Yes, this has put me in an awkward position.  I will talk to the owner of Heartland about this tomorrow.  I assure you he is VERY pro-2nd amendment.

As of right now, we are still continuing the shoot on the 4th.  I cannot take a comment made by an employee, out of context, as an official stance of the range.  

I understand everyone is very tense about the gun debate right now, and rightfully so.  But lets wait until we get an official statement from Heartland before threatening to ban the full-auto shoot.  

Thank you for your undertstanding

Steve

Link Posted: 1/24/2011 1:52:57 PM EDT
[#27]
I'd like every business in Oklahoma that makes money off the 2A to realize that the news media will play them for whatever issue they want to push.
Who are these people that are quoted as "experts" about what is good for Oklahomans and their 2A rights?
If they didn't have this doofus, they would have found another one.
The only recourse we have is to let them know they piss us gun owners when they get played like this.
Link Posted: 1/24/2011 2:41:38 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Higgimw

Ok I got yer back

Thanks brother!  I got yours anytime!  And that's a no-shitter!  
Link Posted: 1/24/2011 2:43:26 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Everyone.

Thank you for your concern.  Yes, this has put me in an awkward position.  I will talk to the owner of Heartland about this tomorrow.  I assure you he is VERY pro-2nd amendment.

As of right now, we are still continuing the shoot on the 4th.  I cannot take a comment made by an employee, out of context, as an official stance of the range.  

I understand everyone is very tense about the gun debate right now, and rightfully so.  But lets wait until we get an official statement from Heartland before threatening to ban the full-auto shoot.  

Thank you for your undertstanding

Steve

Like I said Steve I feel bad for you.  I hate to miss that shoot.  I was looking forward to shooting a full auto something.  Sorry Brother.

Link Posted: 1/24/2011 2:45:08 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I'd like every business in Oklahoma that makes money off the 2A to realize that the news media will play them for whatever issue they want to push.
Who are these people that are quoted as "experts" about what is good for Oklahomans and their 2A rights?
The only recourse we have is to let them know they piss us gun owners when they get played like this.

Dan is correct, both about the damage and the remedy. There is a place for a nuanced discussion of open carry (for example, the thread Senator Russell started on this board), but giving a negative statement about open carry to the media that can be sourced to a cop and a gun salesman is guaranteed to cause problems.  The only reason this makes news is it is something that the enemies of gun rights can quote. If it weren't, it never would have aired (that's Dan's another doofus point).  And if it wasn't from a gun salesman, it wouldn't be news either, and that's got to be an employer as well as employee problem. I can't imagine in our times that a gun shop wouldn't have a firm policy "no one talks to the press except the boss" and the boss wouldn't have a routine "no comment" policy. Heartland either doesn't or ignores the one they have, hence they got exploited (Dan says "played") by the enemies of gun rights. Letting Heartland know that they did something wrong is one way to educate them about the problem.
Link Posted: 1/24/2011 2:48:30 PM EDT
[#31]
Fred Baker would never have fallen for the BS the news pulled on this doofus.
Neither would have Gene Sears.
But the "experts" seem to get quoted and screw us all when they do.
Link Posted: 1/24/2011 3:04:01 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Talked to Cold Hand arms a few min ago. They are a go for the shoot.  (I probably pissed him off though) Which of corse was not my intention. I would however support a change in venue for the shoot.

For Heartland Outdoors a little helpful info:
Matt Crawford is the Manager
Barry Bryant is the Owner*
Todd Sorter is another Owner*
still lookin for the third

Perhaps a bit of retraining is in order.

The third is a residential builder of large homes in the metro area...........Shawn Forth

Link Posted: 1/24/2011 3:05:38 PM EDT
[#33]
Never, ever saying anything will rarely land a person in trouble. (unless of course, Timmy's in the well)
Link Posted: 1/24/2011 3:22:18 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Never, ever saying anything will rarely land a person in trouble. (unless of course, Timmy's in the well)

huh.......little timmy fell in the well

Link Posted: 1/24/2011 3:34:02 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dan is correct, both about the damage and the remedy. There is a place for a nuanced discussion of open carry (for example, the thread Senator Russell started on this board), but giving a negative statement about open carry to the media that can be sourced to a cop and a gun salesman is guaranteed to cause problems.  The only reason this makes news is it is something that the enemies of gun rights can quote. If it weren't, it never would have aired (that's Dan's another doofus point).  And if it wasn't from a gun salesman, it wouldn't be news either, and that's got to be an employer as well as employee problem. I can't imagine in our times that a gun shop wouldn't have a firm policy "no one talks to the press except the boss" and the boss wouldn't have a routine "no comment" policy. Heartland either doesn't or ignores the one they have, hence they got exploited (Dan says "played") by the enemies of gun rights. Letting Heartland know that they did something wrong is one way to educate them about the problem.

Pretty much says it for me.

I don't give a crap if the joker is just the janitor for the place. In the article, he is speaking for the business. In this case, you are either with us or against us IMHO.
Link Posted: 1/24/2011 3:45:25 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I agree that he should have not said he opposed any gun anything but cut the guy and the store some slack.  Then come shoot the open/concealed carry gun match with us at Heartland on the 3rd Sunday of the month at 5:30.

Yes to 2 out of 3 unless I talked to Cleo while in the shop without being aware of it.

They need to change their tune if they want any more business from me.

Edit for syntax.  Apparently, I am so mad about this I cannot even type.
Link Posted: 1/24/2011 4:12:28 PM EDT
[#37]
I still want to go to the shoot because Steve is great to deal with but I may hold off now.
Link Posted: 1/24/2011 4:16:44 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I still want to go to the shoot because Steve is great to deal with but I may hold off now.

You see I am in the same boat.  I REALLY want to shoot some full auto.  Damn... What to do????  
Link Posted: 1/24/2011 4:30:41 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:

You see I am in the same boat.  I REALLY want to shoot some full auto.  Damn... What to do????  

Go. I won't hold it against you, nor will anyone else.
For long anyway.
Our grudge will only last as long as you live.....

A customer who tells them what they think and how the business is screwing up does carry a lot of weight.
Except for maybe in Edmond where so many people think they walk on water.
Link Posted: 1/24/2011 4:47:39 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Go. I won't hold it against you, nor will anyone else.
For long anyway.
Our grudge will only last as long as you live.....

A customer who tells them what they think and how the business is screwing up does carry a lot of weight.
Except for maybe in Edmond where so many people think they walk on water.

EH!!!  I am not gonna go.  Sumoj has UZI he has promised to let me shoot some time.  That'll take care of the itch.  AND keep you uni-ballers off my back!  
Link Posted: 1/24/2011 4:54:18 PM EDT
[#41]
Go and eat on their arse. You can do it nicely. Let them know what a good customer they won't have if they keep that crap up.
Link Posted: 1/24/2011 5:00:40 PM EDT
[#42]
either way, i'll continue to use heartland because it's the best range/store in the edmond area.  Not a lot of other choices that don't involve a drive
Link Posted: 1/24/2011 5:36:30 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
either way, i'll continue to use heartland because it's the best range/store in the edmond area.  Not a lot of other choices that don't involve a drive

Really? So where is your "line in the sand" that you wont be pushed across?

You reach a point where its not about the distance.
Link Posted: 1/24/2011 5:58:01 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you ever make it down to Duncan you are welcome to shoot my M16 and M11/9. I don't usually have a lot of free time, but I am sure we could work something out.

Link Posted: 1/24/2011 7:00:36 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Really? So where is your "line in the sand" that you wont be pushed across?

You reach a point where its not about the distance.

That's right!
Who in the hell wants to go to Edmond anyway!
Link Posted: 1/24/2011 7:35:30 PM EDT
[#46]
Im just going to throw this out there.. we have a whole week before the shoot next friday. before we draw any lines in the sand, or say we aren't going to this deal, why dont we speak our part to heartland and get a confirmation about their stance on the subject;  and also let Steve get back with us on any inside info he gets. You know he will tell us like it is. Im all for open carry for serveral reasons. If you look at the video (ive only watched it once) they subtitled him as being against open carry. He never said he Was against it. He unfortunitly pointed out a potential problem with open carry. and like you all know that of course is what they are going to air on tv even if he had said right before or after that, that the good from it outweighs any "potential problem". Silence on the topic would have been better by the employee, but unfortunatly that didnt happen. So can we all just see what happens over the course of the next few days on this before we make up our minds on this. Lets see all the sides of the coin or cube that it may be..
Link Posted: 1/24/2011 7:53:34 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Im just going to throw this out there.. we have a whole week before the shoot next friday. before we draw any lines in the sand, or say we aren't going to this deal, why dont we speak our part to heartland and get a confirmation about their stance on the subject;  and also let Steve get back with us on any inside info he gets. You know he will tell us like it is. Im all for open carry for serveral reasons. If you look at the video (ive only watched it once) they subtitled him as being against open carry. He never said he Was against it. He unfortunitly pointed out a potential problem with open carry. and like you all know that of course is what they are going to air on tv even if he had said right before or after that, that the good from it outweighs any "potential problem". Silence on the topic would have been better by the employee, but unfortunatly that didnt happen. So can we all just see what happens over the course of the next few days on this before we make up our minds on this. Lets see all the sides of the coin or cube that it may be..

Respectfully, I don't care what the hell he thinks about open carry.
As far as a potential problem with being a "target" because you have a gun on your hip, just how many people have been shot for just openly carrying a handgun in other states?
Name ONE incident in Arizona or Vermont, not to mention the other 10 or so states where it's legal where it's happened.
He was SPECULATING and the news media put him up like an expert.
He was a freaking cop for how many years?
How many times did he step out with a gun on his hip and get shot out of the clear blue?
You see that's the damn problem with most people.
They will take an opinion from an "expert" as fact when he doesn't really know shit about what he's talking about.
The man is a firearms instructor?
He should know better than to make a statement like that.
As far as Heartland position on the matter, are they going to put the genie back in the bottle?
Fuck him and Heartland both.
You just polarized me into that position. I'm tired of hearing things like "it was taken out of context" or "that is really not what he meant". I heard what he said.
And like I said earlier, older gun dealers in this area wouldn't open their mouths to make a stupid statement like that.
Link Posted: 1/24/2011 9:02:16 PM EDT
[#48]
Ahhhhhhhh, another place to add to my list of places where I wont shop.  Why do these clowns think they are firearms experts.  Every firearm expert I never wanted to meet works at a gun shop some where.
Link Posted: 1/25/2011 4:16:57 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you ever make it down to Duncan you are welcome to shoot my M16 and M11/9. I don't usually have a lot of free time, but I am sure we could work something out.

Thanks sir.  If we ever manage to get together I'll be glad to buy you dinner for the trouble.  You're a good man.
Link Posted: 1/25/2011 5:01:02 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Respectfully, I don't care what the hell he thinks about open carry.
As far as a potential problem with being a "target" because you have a gun on your hip, just how many people have been shot for just openly carrying a handgun in other states?
Name ONE incident in Arizona or Vermont, not to mention the other 10 or so states where it's legal where it's happened.
He was SPECULATING and the news media put him up like an expert.
He was a freaking cop for how many years?
How many times did he step out with a gun on his hip and get shot out of the clear blue?
You see that's the damn problem with most people.
They will take an opinion from an "expert" as fact when he doesn't really know shit about what he's talking about.
The man is a firearms instructor?
He should know better than to make a statement like that.
As far as Heartland position on the matter, are they going to put the genie back in the bottle?
Fuck him and Heartland both.
You just polarized me into that position. I'm tired of hearing things like "it was taken out of context" or "that is really not what he meant". I heard what he said.
And like I said earlier, older gun dealers in this area wouldn't open their mouths to make a stupid statement like that.

I'm with Dan on this. I don't understand how anyone can see it differently. To me its about freedom. Either you're for it, or against it.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top