Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/2/2010 7:09:16 AM EDT
Obama to forbid sale of antiques and M1s with high-cap clips??

Now I know this is foxnews.com but its the only place I found this. If you have a more credible source or a place that has the truth, by all means, post it.

Id just like to know where I can get high-cap clips for mine
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 10:46:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

Now I know this is foxnews.com but its the only place I found this. If you have a more credible source or a place that has the truth, by all means, post it.

Anything more than one round is a high capacity "clip" to them.
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 3:19:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Anything more than one round is a high capacity "clip" to them.

Obama's a FUDD now?
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 3:33:52 PM EDT
[#3]
The "high cap" part of the discussion I read was in reference to M1 Carbines.

I still get the when reading articles like that. I guess the 200,000 rifles that came into the country in 1987 under Regan were all from Greece? I don't know. At any rate, it's very frustrating to read stuff like that.
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 5:28:55 PM EDT
[#4]
99% of the comments on one of the sites I read tore the report apart for it's lack of factual data and complete idiocy.

As expected, the anti-gun comments were few and far between, probably because the anti-gunners don't know an M1 rifle from an M1 tank.
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 5:44:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
99% of the comments on one of the sites I read tore the report apart for it's lack of factual data and complete idiocy.

As expected, the anti-gun comments were few and far between, probably because the anti-gunners don't know an M1 rifle from an M1 tank.

ill be honest, that's funny. Truth, but funny.
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 7:13:30 PM EDT
[#6]
I smell Clintons. Obama must have farted.
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 7:17:46 PM EDT
[#7]
told ya'll not to vote for that dude
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 7:40:31 PM EDT
[#8]
It's funny that we can't import these because they have so much firepower, that the US Army replaced them with rifles with more firepower and are also legal for civilian ownership. There are fudd guns with more firepower than an M1, not that I'd own any such thing.
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 7:55:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
It's funny that we can't import these because they have so much firepower, that the US Army replaced them with rifles with more firepower and are also legal for civilian ownership. There are fudd guns with more firepower than an M1, not that I'd own any such thing.

Link Posted: 9/3/2010 9:54:05 PM EDT
[#10]
I want a BAR now; think they'll sell them instead of m1's since they use mags instead of clips
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 8:31:28 AM EDT
[#11]
I`m not surprised .
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 3:12:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Since when is Fox news not credible? Do you have an example that backs that statement up? Seems to me they are the ONLY credible news organization this country has. It is certanly more credible than MSLSD, or the Clinton News Network, CBS, ABC, NBC. They are in bead with the left.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 7:08:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Since when is Fox news not credible? Do you have an example that backs that statement up? Seems to me they are the ONLY credible news organization this country has. It is certanly more credible than MSLSD, or the Clinton News Network, CBS, ABC, NBC. They are in bead with the left.

Show me an example of where they ARE credible. Do a google search of whether they are liberal or conservative and so on and youll see how bias they are and some of the controversies they have had. Fox news is full of crap, if they wernt, im sure someone would have corrected me on that opinion long before you.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 7:42:11 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Show me an example of where they ARE credible. Do a google search of whether they are liberal or conservative and so on and youll see how bias they are and some of the controversies they have had. Fox news is full of crap, if they wernt, im sure someone would have corrected me on that opinion long before you.

Not true, some of us are just smart enough to know that we aren't going to change the mind of a stubborn jarhead.

However, I'd rather watch Fox news than the other networks mentioned. Do tell, what major media news outlet do YOU recommend?

Link Posted: 9/15/2010 4:17:27 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not true, some of us are just smart enough to know that we aren't going to change the mind of a stubborn jarhead.

However, I'd rather watch Fox news than the other networks mentioned. Do tell, what major media news outlet do YOU recommend?

Well fuckme runnnin, damn 2b, just hang me out to dry and show my ass... I actually "monitor" each of them off and on, I don't recommend any of them, in fact id rather trust and believe our local channels over the national channels. However, for military and some political news, I like military.mil and marinecorpstimes.com
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 1:11:01 PM EDT
[#16]
The national news networks are the mouthpieces of the politicians, lobbyists, and special interest groups.

You have to assume anything they publish has a bias.

The days of objective reporting are long gone.

I nominate Walter Cronkite's report on the Tet offensive as a signal that objectivity, if it ever truly existed, died February 27th, 1968.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 1:30:26 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
The national news networks are the mouthpieces of the politicians, lobbyists, and special interest groups.

I nominate Walter Cronkite's report on the Tet offensive as a signal that objectivity, if it ever truly existed, died February 27th, 1968.

Are you sure objective reporting has actually existed?  or did you hear that on TV?
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 2:51:00 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are you sure objective reporting has actually existed?  or did you hear that on TV?

Yeah, that's right smart ass, I heard it on T.V.

The report on Tet is the earliest example that I can point to with any certainty.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 3:01:06 PM EDT
[#19]
I remember the Accuracy in Media reports on Mickey Cronkite and Dan Rather at Khe Sanh.
They flew in and made several reports about one C130 that had been shot down, from different angles with changes of clothes between the shots, and reported on different days like it was happening to every plane that flew in.
I also remember them showing pictures of the riots in LA from the Rodney King crap and saying it was happening in Atlanta.
You can't trust the news media. It has become progressively worse for decades.
It was common knowledge among reporters that JFK was screwing every thing he could while in the White House but was never reported.
It was the "Camelot" image they promoted, not the glaring truth of a rampaging whore hound.
And now, who knows what to believe?
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 5:41:12 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Well fuckme runnnin, damn 2b, just hang me out to dry and show my ass... I actually "monitor" each of them off and on, I don't recommend any of them, in fact id rather trust and believe our local channels over the national channels. However, for military and some political news, I like military.mil and marinecorpstimes.com

Heck, our local networks are just local affiliates of the national networks. Little brothers and sisters is how I view it. Granted, some of the local reporters, anchors, etc might give a better story it still seems like more of the same.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top