Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/30/2010 7:30:16 PM EDT
Its a neat little candy. I need some by this weekend for my daughters birthday cake. Anyone have any leads or connections?
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 8:01:48 PM EDT
[#1]
have you tried calling the grocers in little china around nw23 and classen
Link Posted: 8/31/2010 5:09:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

This. I live right by the Super Coau (sp?) Nguen store and my mom shops there all the time.
Id be willing to bet they got it... and more
Link Posted: 8/31/2010 7:45:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:

This. I live right by the Super Coau (sp?) Nguen store and my mom shops there all the time.
Id be willing to bet they got it... and more

Would you be willing to stop in and check for me?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kompeit%C5%8D
Link Posted: 8/31/2010 8:18:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Sure. Ill swing by after work and have a look-see

ETA: I asked my mom, she's never seen it up there. If you haven't called already then I did it for you
And confirmed that they don't have it. The guy I spoke to said your best bet is online cause its
Probably not gonna be found locally. All they have is bouton (sp?) Rice candy, I personally enjoy the
Sesame candies
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 11:50:12 AM EDT
[#5]
There used to be a tiny Japanese food store down on one of the single-digit streets (3rd, 4th, 5th, etc.) and a couple of blocks east of Classen or Western.  It was literally some shelves and a row of fridges and deep freezes.  It was all Japanese though.  I have no idea if it is still there but it was a one-way street going west (I believe) if that helps....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top