Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/24/2010 3:10:01 PM EDT
Hmmmm...news 4 claiming a mountain lion has been seen in Boley OK.

I've personaly seen a black panther/couger/jaguar myself northwest of El Reno....and the black cats have been seen in the Kingfisher area too.

I recall talking to a game ranger about my sighting...and being told I was full of it....maybe I'll get the last laugh anyhow!

That is all.
Link Posted: 8/24/2010 3:16:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Hmmmm...news 4 claiming a mountain lion has been seen in Boley OK.

I've personaly seen a black panther/couger/jaguar myself northwest of El Reno....and the black cats have been seen in the Kingfisher area too.

I recall talking to a game ranger about my sighting...and being told I was full of it....maybe I'll get the last laugh anyhow!

That is all.

I had a game ranger tell me I was full of sh*t for the same thing.
If you're talking about that low life James C., tell him to screw himself.
He's a jerk.
Link Posted: 8/24/2010 5:29:39 PM EDT
[#2]
We had one prowling around Camp Eagle(on Fort Sill) when I was there for WLC two years ago.
Link Posted: 8/24/2010 7:14:17 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't doubt it one bit. I've seen tracks between Haskell and Morris, where I turkey hunt. Folks that I hunted on saw him(? it) on a semi regular basis, so they say. Nice older couple, not the kind that would make up shit like that.
I would guess some kind of lion is what I heard screamin one night at deer camp east of Stilwell.....talk about sit straight up in the tent! That shit'll make the hair on the back of your neck stand up in the middle of the night.
Link Posted: 8/24/2010 8:16:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I don't doubt it one bit. I've seen tracks between Haskell and Morris, where I turkey hunt. Folks that I hunted on saw him(? it) on a semi regular basis, so they say. Nice older couple, not the kind that would make up shit like that.
I would guess some kind of lion is what I heard screamin one night at deer camp east of Stilwell.....talk about sit straight up in the tent! That shit'll make the hair on the back of your neck stand up in the middle of the night.

Oh that sounds like a 'skunk ape'...

Link Posted: 8/25/2010 3:06:20 AM EDT
[#5]
no, no....those are only found farther south. Must be some kinda kin to those chupacabra things down in Texas. Probably have to shoot one and take it to a lab....while giving it a drink of water
Link Posted: 8/25/2010 4:30:02 AM EDT
[#6]
the other night I seen a couple of lions on the tv
Link Posted: 8/25/2010 4:52:40 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh that sounds like a 'skunk ape'...

A mountain lion that is shot sounds like a woman screaming. It will make the hair on your arms stand up.
Or so I've been told.
Link Posted: 8/26/2010 2:56:02 AM EDT
[#8]
You know the strange thing about it? For years around here, the game wardens have all said..."naw...ain't none of them around here". But they don't want you to shoot them, unless they're goin' after your livestock.....huh? Shoot what? Ain't none of them around here....remember? haha
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 8:57:44 PM EDT
[#9]
I live 7 miles north of Altus Oklahoma and we had a very dark cougar in this area about 8 or 9 years ago.  It killed my 14 year old English Setter before a farmer killed it while trying to attack on of his heffers.  I know several paople that saw it and I saw the tracks and the people that saw it I've got no reason to doubt.  The tracks were 4" across and it was seen with a tawny colored couger at one point.  I figure those genes are still in the pool so more of that color could show up.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 10:07:58 PM EDT
[#10]
We've had black one's up around Perry for years.  There's at least one that's been roaming around south of town since I was a kid.  I haven't heard any reports of anyone seeing it for  a few years now, though.  My best friend, my dad and one of my other friend's uncle have all seen it or another one in different places, all south of town.  It's probably the same one.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 5:47:18 AM EDT
[#11]
We have a black one here in  Wood Crest, south east of Guthrie. Lots of deer out here for it to feed on.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 6:23:37 AM EDT
[#12]
Talked to a game ranger from a nearby county about the mountain lion deal...he was telling me about a lion killed by a car in Oklahoma that was wearing a tracking collar that was put on in him in like ..North Dakota!

He was saying most of the lions seen here are believed to be young males trekking around the nation establishing a territory(thats a huge territory!)

As far as the black cats seen...I didn't get a chance to ask..was at a hunter safty course...so I can get my son out in the feilds..and if we want to hunt Colorado...I need the certificate now.

Anyhow..I still think the 'black panthers' seen here and there are jaguars.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 7:41:08 AM EDT
[#13]
My brother busted a huge black cat with bird shot about 30 years ago while we were dove hunting.
It was NW of Crescent.
The look on my brother's face was of pure fear after he shot the cat and it disappeared.
I never saw the cat but heard it taking off.
17Z, you may have known of Old Bud. He was famous for his coon hounds for decades in Logan and Kingfisher Counties.
He always claimed. as long as I knew him, he'd seen several large cats over the decades, going back to the 1920s.
They are in Oklahoma. I've personally seen two live ones and two dead ones in the last 20 years.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 8:15:13 AM EDT
[#14]
Remember there are no gators or black bear either  My Grand Father was a Warden in McCurtain county and thought very poorly of the state biologist.  A gator ate his dog when he was a kid
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 7:45:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Never seen the gators, but I wouldn't doubt it. Whereabouts, Broken Bow? The black bears?.....Come around a corner on Talimena Drive on your motorcycle and see a 350lb(wild guess) bear it the middle of the damn road will put a pucker mark on your seat.....without a doubt. We've seen quite a few down that way, mostly out on the dirt bikes a little south of Clayton. Tons of 'em on the Arkansas end of Talimena drive .
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 3:52:32 AM EDT
[#16]
black bears?,

pretty sure the state has a hunting season for them now, with a quota of I think 50 bears, hunter's that hold a "bear" license have to call in every morning and see if the quota has been filled to see if they can continue to hunt.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 4:54:46 AM EDT
[#17]
I've seen an alligator in the Red River near Thackerville.
And it's no rumor that sizable ones have been found in the sewers of New York City as far back as the 1930s.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 5:37:52 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
black bears?,

pretty sure the state has a hunting season for them now, with a quota of I think 50 bears, hunter's that hold a "bear" license have to call in every morning and see if the quota has been filled to see if they can continue to hunt.

this is true...info regarding in the current hunting/fishing regs rag...

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top