Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/16/2010 7:06:36 PM EDT

Who else is going. I think i might. Maybe I can find a Rem 700 SPS there?
Link Posted: 4/16/2010 7:16:40 PM EDT
[#1]
I recall a basspro ad recently for a 700sps or it might have been the varmint model for $550, and I think it came with an additional rebate from remington, gave some thought to it, but I'd already depleted my entertainment fund buying a scope.
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 6:09:43 PM EDT
[#2]
when is the gun show
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 6:23:00 PM EDT
[#3]
17th and 18th.   I went today. I was disappointed
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 6:55:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Wasn't a Claud Hall show?

That should've been the first clue of SUCK.

Link Posted: 4/17/2010 7:33:06 PM EDT
[#5]
im not up on the different names of the gun shows.  All i hear is Gun Show. I will know better next time
Link Posted: 4/18/2010 12:28:03 PM EDT
[#6]
The one next week will probably be just as bad.
Come on, three or four gun shows in one month?
It's friggin' ridiculous.
Link Posted: 4/18/2010 7:02:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Every gunshow I've been to in the last couple years, which I admit hasn't been too many, has had a lot of overpriced stuff.  Maybe I need to get there earlier to get the better deals.
Link Posted: 4/19/2010 5:41:03 AM EDT
[#8]
I am new to the Gun Show vending circuit. I was thinking I would set up at the gun show in OKC this coming weekend, April 24-25. Is this a bad idea up there? Is the gun show market saturated? I would be traveling 7 hours each way from Louisiana.

Okla. City Fairgrounds TNT Building (Largest Building on Fairgrounds) Metcalf Gunshows

Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
jonblack
Link Posted: 4/19/2010 8:28:59 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I am new to the Gun Show vending circuit. I was thinking I would set up at the gun show in OKC this coming weekend, April 24-25. Is this a bad idea up there? Is the gun show market saturated? I would be traveling 7 hours each way from Louisiana.

Okla. City Fairgrounds TNT Building (Largest Building on Fairgrounds) Metcalf Gunshows

Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
jonblack

I say go. If its the TNT building it will be busy and worth your time so long as your not trying to walk out of there a millionare. We got enough of those types here already.
Link Posted: 4/19/2010 8:46:40 AM EDT
[#10]
Hello and thanks for the reply. I have only vended one gun show. I did well selling second hand stuff. Reloading supplies like brass and corn cob media, used gear like slings and holsters, take off parts like handguards, etc. If I make a few hundred that is more than I had when I started.

Thank you
jonblack
Link Posted: 4/19/2010 8:53:53 AM EDT
[#11]
Damn you must be getting some killer gas mileage then

Hey if you dont have anything better to do then by all means. Dont suppose you have any .41 rem mag stuff?
Link Posted: 4/19/2010 9:31:15 AM EDT
[#12]
I would most likely stuff everything in my Honda Civic. I don't have anything for .41 Rem Mag.

I have plenty that I could be doing, but also want to see if it is possible to supplement my income by doing a couple of gun shows a month.

I won't know until I try a few and take an average.

jonblack
Link Posted: 4/19/2010 9:45:30 AM EDT
[#13]
If youre selling anything other than guns or ammo and expect to make over 50 cents on the dollar, you'll be sadly disappointed. I'd be kinda surprised if you sell any holsters, unless you are practically giving them away. Ask Dan how many he sold at the last one where the two of us got a couple of tables.

More than once I wanted to tell some cheap bastard to GTFO for lowballing me at that show. Then again, I'm not a dealer. Just somebody that got talked into getting a table and tried to get rid of some extra crap that I had/have.
Link Posted: 4/19/2010 10:18:50 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
If youre selling anything other than guns or ammo and expect to make over 50 cents on the dollar, you'll be sadly disappointed. I'd be kinda surprised if you sell any holsters, unless you are practically giving them away. Ask Dan how many he sold at the last one where the two of us got a couple of tables.

More than once I wanted to tell some cheap bastard to GTFO for lowballing me at that show. Then again, I'm not a dealer. Just somebody that got talked into getting a table and tried to get rid of some extra crap that I had/have.

I didn't talk you into anything. But I'm sure glad you were there. I had a lot of fun watching you when I farted.
As far as holsters, you have to sell them dirt cheap or have very unique holsters that are hard to find and get lucky enough for someone to come by that is looking for one.
I had fun, didn't sell much. Not that I had a lot that I should have sold, just that I couldn't bring myself to take it and part with it.
I put a sign on Chuck, saying "Old Fart For Sale Cheap" but didn't have any luck. Not even when I replaced the sign "Old Fart Free to Good Home".
You just have to have the right stuff that people want.
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 6:53:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Ya'll doing the Metcalf show? Steve
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 8:13:27 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Ya'll doing the Metcalf show? Steve

Possibly.
Link Posted: 4/21/2010 5:39:33 AM EDT
[#17]
New thread
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top