Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/9/2009 10:12:10 PM EDT

I hear they gave up their FFL...I drive by there and it looks like a ghost town..they used to have 4-5 guys working there but the parking lot is always empty lately and they cut back on their hours...I got the impression from the boards that they gave up the FFL because it was a hassle ..is this related to the LEO shootings a few months back? (the shooter bought his gun at Brigadoon)
Link Posted: 9/10/2009 5:25:45 AM EDT
[#1]
I think they quit selling firearms several weeks before those killings occured.

Link Posted: 9/10/2009 7:15:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I think they quit selling firearms several weeks before those killings occured.

Yep.
Link Posted: 9/10/2009 8:20:48 AM EDT
[#3]
could be like another shop I know of,

several years back this shop did a transfer for me and was taking a damn long time on the 4473, when I asked what the hold up was, I was told that he was taking extra time triple checking everything due to the atf man telling him he had to many paperwork errors and if he found anymore he would concider it as being done intenionally

ETA: this other shop I'm speaking of isn't brigadoons
Link Posted: 9/10/2009 8:30:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

several years back this shop did a transfer for me and was taking a damn long time on the 4473, when I asked what the hold up was, I was told that he was taking extra time triple checking everything due to the atf man telling him he had to many paperwork errors and if he found anymore he would concider it as being done intenionally

Sounds reasonable..shame they had to turn their back on all that business they were doing
Link Posted: 9/10/2009 12:11:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sounds reasonable..shame they had to turn their back on all that business they were doing

the shop I'm speaking of is still open and selling firearms, that's the main portion of their business.

Link Posted: 9/10/2009 12:32:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

the shop I'm speaking of is still open and selling firearms, that's the main portion of their business.

right got it..I was applying your scenario to Brigadoon's ...I just struck me strange that Mark would intentionally cut out so much of his traffic...I haven't gone there recently (because he's cut back his hours) but the few times I went I had to check for the "open" sign on his door ...in the past he'd have a parking lot full of cars and I would have to park along the side of the building
Link Posted: 9/10/2009 3:24:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Times change, people change, etc.  People have a tendency to move on when they are unhappy at something.  The current ATF paperwork/hassle might not have been worth the headache, maybe family needing insurance, maybe the messiah's plan for small business owners all plyed into his decision.

You are right, Brigadoons is a shell of what it used to be and I wish him and his the family the best.
Link Posted: 9/10/2009 6:55:22 PM EDT
[#8]
d'oh!
Link Posted: 9/10/2009 7:10:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Cole, some times people rather not know everything that is going on to be put out there.  Just saying.
Link Posted: 9/10/2009 8:15:43 PM EDT
[#10]
I don't know if it's true, just something I heard.

I'll edit the post.
Link Posted: 9/11/2009 11:15:07 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Times change, people change, etc.  People have a tendency to move on when they are unhappy at something.  The current ATF paperwork/hassle might not have been worth the headache, maybe family needing insurance, maybe the messiah's plan for small business owners all plyed into his decision.

You are right, Brigadoons is a shell of what it used to be and I wish him and his the family the best.

I heard that it was some employee named...........Jeff or something like that. Said he was screwing up everything and getting them in trouble.

Just kidding

Link Posted: 9/11/2009 11:42:23 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I heard that it was some employee named...........Jeff or something like that. Said he was screwing up everything and getting them in trouble.

Just kidding

Link Posted: 9/11/2009 1:23:55 PM EDT
[#13]
It's right down the street from me and I haven't been in for quite some time. Great people, but if they don't sell guns anymore, there's not much reason to browse. Only local place I know that sold AK/AR type weapons at a decent price. Gunworld sells them, but they have horrible pricing.
Link Posted: 9/11/2009 1:37:35 PM EDT
[#14]
I had heard there was a medical reason –– the owner had to have surgery and could not be at the store ––- i had assumed since he was the named FFL holder, possibly he has to sign all the transactions? ––- i thought they would resume firearms sales when he was back up and running ––- i could be wrong .
Link Posted: 9/12/2009 12:06:51 PM EDT
[#15]
Lash's in Tulsa shut down so I heard as well. I also heard "medical reasons" given as the cause. That seems to be the standard response now a days.

Kind of like "Hey what happened to all of those guns you bought over the years?" Reply: "Lost them all in a big boating accident".

Link Posted: 9/12/2009 4:54:23 PM EDT
[#16]
I am innocent, I tell ya........
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 8:31:29 PM EDT
[#17]
Mark and Rita were tired of the hassle of tracking nearly 20 years worth of forms. Insurance and liability are always a factor when supporting a family. He was ready to move on and did. Absolutely nothing to do with the LEO shootings which happened later and the slur story done by the Oklahoman was not only inaccurate, but they later retracted their earlier statements. There has never been any proof presented that the firearm in those shootings came from them but that doesn't stop some reporter letting truth get in the way of a good story.

The place is still one of the only 'old style' surplus stores in Oklahoma. No more firearms certainly cut the traffic though but it also cut the stress. Mark has a very job and is doing great after his surgery. Steve
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 9:16:00 PM EDT
[#18]
thanks for the replies...I need to find a way to get back there during their new hours
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 9:49:03 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
thanks for the replies...I need to find a way to get back there during their new hours

so what are the new hours?

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 11:29:01 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:

so what are the new hours?

they used to be open until 6:30...last time I looked they close at 5pm now...not sure which days off

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top