Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/16/2009 6:19:23 PM EDT
Been thinking of trying one of these T7 Redding, the only press I have currently is a Rockchucker, I can make some damn nice ammo but it takes me forever to make any quanity.

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 7:32:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 7:48:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Wingman is right about a Dillon being better than single stage.
I'll probably get a turret press one of these days. I've already got a Dillon 550 as well as a Rockchucker.
My Rockchucker is over 30 years old.
A buddy got a used Lyman turret press and he really likes it. I wasn't so hot on it until I used his.

Pistol ammo is all I load on my Dillon. I've got the extra powder measures and a large bar to load rifles up to 308 on the Dillon but I'm stuck in a rut.
I'll just stay on my Rockchucker for rifle. I'm weighing each individual charge and not using a powder drop.
No good reason I guess, just my preference.

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 3:17:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Wingman is right about a Dillon being better than single stage.
I'll probably get a turret press one of these days. I've already got a Dillon 550 as well as a Rockchucker.
My Rockchucker is over 30 years old.
A buddy got a used Lyman turret press and he really likes it. I wasn't so hot on it until I used his.
http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/content/Item/21/10/19/i211019sn01.jpg
Pistol ammo is all I load on my Dillon. I've got the extra powder measures and a large bar to load rifles up to 308 on the Dillon but I'm stuck in a rut.
I'll just stay on my Rockchucker for rifle. I'm weighing each individual charge and not using a powder drop.
No good reason I guess, just my preference.

I've had my Rockchucker for about 15 years, I will always use it for my 300 Winmag, I'm looking at mainly doing pistol ammo on the turrent, but may do 30-06 for  garands on it. I loaded up 120  44 mag last night on the chucker, took a little time as usual. I may take the plung on the T7, I looked at the Lyman, but the Redding looks a little more solid.

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 4:09:07 AM EDT
[#4]
When I sit down to load pistol rounds, the Dillon 550 is the only type I"d use.
I like the turret type presses for being able to remove the turret head without changing any rifle die settings.
But I promise you if you want something nice to kick out plenty of good pistol rounds in short order, you'll be really glad you did it on your Dillon if you get one.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top