Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/28/2009 5:19:46 PM EDT

Do you think this can do the job?

Link Posted: 3/28/2009 5:27:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Damn, that look great.  Now you can run around your yard at night with that at the ready!
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 5:29:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Hell, I may hang a light off of it too.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 6:26:21 PM EDT
[#3]
"What's the spirit of the bayonet? To kill, and to kill without mercy"
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 7:11:53 PM EDT
[#4]
needs more cowbell.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 7:49:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Once upon a time in a land called Viet Nam, my father had the non-coms fix bayonets on their shotguns and advance into the race riot.
He would probably like this shotgun I have rigged up.
For you, Dad!
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 9:03:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a22/danc46/IMG_0089.jpg

probably can if the man weilding it is up to the task at hand, because remember kids, guns don't kill people, people do.

Link Posted: 3/29/2009 3:27:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a22/danc46/IMG_0089.jpg

probably can if the man weilding it is up to the task at hand, because remember kids, guns don't kill people, people do.

Ain't that a fact! Rat has been killing me ever since I met him!
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 4:49:35 AM EDT
[#8]
I always wanted a Trenchgun, nice
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 6:17:01 AM EDT
[#9]
Naw, that isn't any good.  You need a WWII bayonet for that shotgun.  Made for trench warfare.  It is about 2 ft long.  It was supposed to go through one body into another in case they were underneath another body.   We had one in our arms room in Germany.  Mean sucker!
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 6:29:00 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Naw, that isn't any good.  You need a WWII bayonet for that shotgun.  Made for trench warfare.  It is about 2 ft long.  It was supposed to go through one body into another in case they were underneath another body.   We had one in our arms room in Germany.  Mean sucker!

You probably had a Win Mod 12 riot gun.
Yeah, I'd love to have one of those. But I'm not going to shell out a grand to get one with the 1917 bayonet.
I'd even like to have one of the Win 1897 riot guns used in WW I.
But those damn things are just as expensive if you can find one.
This will do in the interim.

But I do have a picture of my dad in Korea with the 1917 bayonet on his pack. I asked him about that and why he didn't have the shorter, more modern version for his Garand. He told me he had traded a Marine something for it.
For the life of me, I wish I could remember what it was.
I'd give a lot to have that very same bayonet in the picture.
It got lost in our moving over the years.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 7:21:16 AM EDT
[#11]
Better be careful posting pics like that, Hillary will see them and start calling our 12 ga. pumps assault weapons.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 7:23:26 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Better be careful posting pics like that, Hillary will see them and start calling our 12 ga. pumps assault weapons.

hell mack, that's what they become after shooting them empty

Link Posted: 3/29/2009 9:18:53 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:

hell mack, that's what they become after shooting them empty

The bayonet just gives another end of the gun to hit somebody with.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 5:07:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Dan, to answer your original question, YES.
Awesome weapon!
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 6:42:13 PM EDT
[#15]
A buddy got a short Class III Mossberg entry gun not too long ago. He had to qualify with it and couldn't handle the recoil from the hard grip.
(I told him but he didn't listen.) He borrowed my other 870 to go through quals with because he had sold his Benelli (pump/auto) riot gun.
I sent him a picture of this gun and he almost shit a brick. I think he would like to use it with his entry team but knows better.
Why I wasted the money putting it together I'll never know except I thought of my dad and other non-coms lining up with bayonets fixed to riot guns and advancing on rioting troops.
He came back from his second tour in Viet Nam and bought an 870 Wingmaster. He loved that shotgun, it was the nicest one he had ever had.
It cost him $65 from TG&Y.
I still have it but it belongs to my son.
I hope I never use this gun, especially with a bayonet.
But it sure looks cool and somehow I think my dad would understand why I went to such an expense for such a dumb thing.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top