Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/2/2008 1:11:01 PM EDT
A number of prairie dog families have been left without loved ones after some shooters made a trip to Hooker last weekend, the shooters were pleased, the prairie dogs weren't!

The 223 rounds using my standard Hornady 55 gr spire point bullets from AR15s were quite effective on the varmints.

Link Posted: 6/2/2008 7:16:56 PM EDT
[#1]
If you ever need any help just let me know.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 12:00:28 AM EDT
[#2]

This one's ^ yelling down the hallway saying "MOMMA........I GOT A TUMMY ACHE!"

the other ones body surfing.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 8:53:02 AM EDT
[#3]
How would you like to step in this hole?  That's a leg breaker for sure!

Link Posted: 6/3/2008 4:28:16 PM EDT
[#4]
I was there this past weekend, too.  Stayed at the Cole Family Inn.

The shooting wasn't as good this year as last year, but we still had fun.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 6:07:35 PM EDT
[#5]
LOVE the gut shot. Thanks for sharing the pic's.....
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 8:06:34 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Were you in the Graybeard bunch?
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 2:28:36 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Were you in the Graybeard bunch?

Nope.  Just a few guys from work.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 11:47:33 AM EDT
[#8]
I was with the Graybeard bunch, most stayed at the Cole Family Inn, I was staying in the Super 8 in Guymon, I've stayed there before and it's a nice place.  All of our activities were based at Dan's farm, and it's about the same distance from Guymon or Hooker.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 3:00:45 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I was with the Graybeard bunch, most stayed at the Cole Family Inn, I was staying in the Super 8 in Guymon, I've stayed there before and it's a nice place.  All of our activities were based at Dan's farm, and it's about the same distance from Guymon or Hooker.

10-4.  We were probably east of you, then, close to "Lake" Optima.  In fact, we were shooting on some former "beach-front property" that some poor sap payed $850/acre for back in the 1960's
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 3:23:31 PM EDT
[#10]
What I love is the number of ratttlers in prarie dog towns.  
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 3:53:57 PM EDT
[#11]
I haven't seen any the last couple of years, BUT...we heard the story about a guy went out to poison them, took his daughter, he had poisoned 2 of them (2 holes) then his daugher got bit by a rattler.  It was supposed to have happened just a day or two before we got there, she was still in the hospital somewhere in Kansas, she had been flown there by medical helicopter.  The organizers were trying to contact him to see about shooting on his place, I don't know if they got hold of him or not, but we had plenty of places to shoot.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 7:36:09 PM EDT
[#12]
ya'll speaking about these snakes?

or maybe this bunch?

Link Posted: 6/4/2008 9:25:25 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

www.orsm.net/fem/2008/pile_of_snakes/thumbnails/pile_of_snakes_03.jpg

or maybe this bunch?

www.orsm.net/fem/2008/pile_of_snakes/thumbnails/pile_of_snakes_04.jpg

This looks like a job for Mr. 12 guage.  Think of all the belts and boots we could make.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 12:43:14 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

or maybe this bunch?

This looks like a job for Mr. 12 guage.  Think of all the belts and boots we could make.

I don't know what the hell you guys are talking about, but I found a big veiny snake lurking in my pants when I looked at those pictures.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 12:51:58 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

or maybe this bunch?

I don't know what the hell you guys are talking about, but I found a big veiny snake lurking in my pants when I looked at those pictures.

I certainly hope it was yours.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 1:00:43 PM EDT
[#16]
It was definitely mine, it's the only one my wife allows in the house as it is very fond of her.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 1:08:34 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
It was definitely mine, it's the only one my wife allows in the house as it is very fond of her.

Link Posted: 6/5/2008 7:55:13 PM EDT
[#18]
Dirt nap

Link Posted: 6/6/2008 9:43:31 PM EDT
[#19]
How cute,!!! Now please forward that picture to those liberal ass PETA folks. You know the people enjoying tasty animals…He He Ha Ha…. hock.gif
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top