Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/1/2007 7:01:14 PM EDT
Took Old Bud hunting this afternoon. He had to have a beer while he sat in the deer blind.
Even at 105, he still likes his brew.

Link Posted: 12/1/2007 7:31:18 PM EDT
[#1]
beer's like a woman, because it don't matter how old a man gets, he always wants one more.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 8:15:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Anybody that can make it to 105 deserves his beer!

You could always tell him it will stunt his growth, but I don't think he would buy it!

Link Posted: 12/1/2007 11:52:24 PM EDT
[#3]
That's awesome!
Did he get any? (deer)
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 12:07:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 6:22:28 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Normally I say no way, BUT in his case, I would have bought him one,

Thanks, Rich. That statement means a lot to me.
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 12:15:37 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
That's awesome!
Did he get any? (deer)

What he said. Answer up Dan.
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 8:12:23 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

No, Chuck. He couldn't hit the side of a barn with his rifle now. He's not the man he was even last year at this time. But he's still my good friend.
He has prostate cancer but they won't cut him or treat it due to his advanced age. He can't hardly walk or stand. It's not real pleasant watching him deteriorate.
His mind is slipping a bit, he doesn't cut up like he used too.
When I'd tell him I was gonna whup him for calling me turd head, he'd say "Bless your heart, you ain't a fart." He doesn't feel like giving me hell. now.
It takes too much out of him.
But the gals at the nursing home get him going sometimes. He still likes the ladies.
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 9:02:38 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No, Chuck. He couldn't hit the side of a barn with his rifle now. He's not the man he was even last year at this time. But he's still my good friend.
He has prostate cancer but they won't cut him or treat it due to his advanced age. He can't hardly walk or stand. It's not real pleasant watching him deteriorate.
When I'd tell him I was gonna whup him for calling me turd head, he'd say "Bless your heart, you ain't a fart." He doesn't feel like giving me hell. now.
But the gals at the nursing home get him going sometimes. He still likes the ladies.

thats freakin beautiful...
those old people are some of the coolest on earth. all the old ones i have been around have taught me more than any formal schooling.
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 9:03:12 PM EDT
[#9]
BTW..

how did you get to know him??
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 9:20:47 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
BTW..

how did you get to know him??

His brother stopped by on a horse one day while we were skinning a deer at my dad's house.
Doll (his brother), my dad, and I got to be great friends. Old Bud was older than Doll by one year.
Doll taught my son at 5 yo how to climb a tree. He was 83 at the time.
Doll would ride his horse to town, tie it up behind the bar, and kids would steal Sunshine and ride it around town. So Doll had enough BS to take the horse into the bar with him.
I really got to know Bud skinning a deer for Doll one night.
We were setting on a bale of hay in his back pasture when I shot the deer. He was telling me a story and I just shot the deer.
Doll fell off the bale of hay, came up madder than a wet hen. He got real happy when I told him I just shot a deer for him.
We went and got Bud, hung the deer, and skinned it in the headlights of the truck.
And butchered it right there.
Ever since then, Bud and I have been good friends. He asked me to take him deer hunting  15 or so ago. Away we went. Been going every year since.
Doll's house burnt down in 1990. And Doll died that Christmas night trying to get out of the house.
So I've kept real close tabs on the old man all these years.
It's been a pain sometimes. And he can be an aggravating old asshole. But I still love the old man for who he is.
He is well liked by many who know him in Crescent. I've never heard one person speak ill of him.
Except for me when I tell him what an ornery old turd he is.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 4:29:41 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I figured as much. I dont think that I'd want to be in the cab when he squeezed off a round anyway Good on ya Dan for being a good friend. He probably just wants to get out of the home and have a beer or two anyway.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 4:41:47 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I figured as much. I dont think that I'd want to be in the cab when he squeezed off a round anyway Good on ya Dan for being a good friend. He probably just wants to get out of the home and have a beer or two anyway.

One fat girl in the nursing home really gets him going. If he is down and depressed, she'll go into his room and show him "the sisters" - BIG ONES at that!!!!!
I know it is not "socially acceptable", but it stirs his blood up and gets him in a more sociable mood.
He knows he won't "get some" if he's cranky.
Those gals know how to get him going.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top