Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/9/2007 12:22:37 PM EDT
Know I don't post much here, but troll regularly and am disturbed by the locking of the "Keep it civil thread".  hing Lock me out if you must, but it seems to me the trouble comes from somewhere besides the long term members here and censoring (sp?) their comments is inappropriate in my opinion. I see no violations of the CofC here.
Link Posted: 8/9/2007 2:13:31 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Know I don't post much here, but troll regularly and am disturbed by the locking of the "Keep it civil thread".   Just my 2 cents. I am sure BB is watching over my shoulder so I have to behave. Lock me out if you must, but it seems to me the trouble comes from somewhere besides the long term members here and censoring (sp?) their comments is inappropriate in my opinion. I see no violations of the CofC here.

Ahh, baby . . .  See what happens when I leave him unsupervised guys!!??!?!?!  That said, I agree with him totally. I not much into having Big Brother "approve" or "edit" what I have to say. I am guessing that it won't be long before I get my scarlet letter.

Dan, AC, Nden -- I am gonna miss you guys!!!  
Link Posted: 8/9/2007 2:26:40 PM EDT
[#2]
eh........I'm not gonna sweat it, most they ever tag'd me on is some racial stuff, guess they thought I was a stormtrooper or something.
Link Posted: 8/9/2007 2:37:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/9/2007 2:40:40 PM EDT
[#4]
I also very rarely speak up...but here's my opinion...

The First Amendment is still there, it says Congress shall make no law limiting the freedom of the press...Congress had no hand in what happened here...the site admins gave the moderator power...the moderator locked it because they felt it was getting a little too heated and wanted to keep the peace.  When it comes to the Internet, things can get out of hand very quickly as we just saw.  Everyone on this board was asked to keep things civil, certain members choose not to.

In my opinion, locking the thread, sending some "cool down" PM's, then letting some time pass was the best choice the moderator could make.  Everyone expects the ability to say what they want when they want, unfortunately, it doesn't always work that way.  I think the moderator made it quite clear, discussion and debate is encouraged, but it must be kept civil...

Just my opinion....

Link Posted: 8/9/2007 2:51:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Seriously what's the difrence between disagreeing and a personal attack???

I could care less about the other forum or the threads that were locked...... well except i didn't get to find out what color sisters toenails were before it got locked that kinda pissed me off
Link Posted: 8/9/2007 3:16:00 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I could care less about the other forum or the threads that were locked...... well except i didn't get to find out what color sisters toenails were before it got locked that kinda pissed me off

They are Fire Engine Red. That is all. Carry on.
Link Posted: 8/9/2007 4:25:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Did I hit a nerve or something?
Link Posted: 8/9/2007 4:49:39 PM EDT
[#8]
The final thing I have to say on this subject is this:

OSA is run by a bunch of dickheads.  I'm not naming any names at all, so in my opinion this is not a personal attack!

If anyone wonders why I feel this way please see the tacked thread at the top of the HT forum.  I feel that people should know about OSA and how it is ran.  That is why I keep pressing on information about that place!

Rich, don't worry about making enemies.  You are one of the good guys, and we all know that!  

I feel that people should know about OSA and how it is ran.  That is why I keep pressing on information about that place!
Link Posted: 8/10/2007 5:10:37 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

You and Dan crack me up!!!  If everytime that M.O.M. (Man O'Mine) and I disagreed it turned into a personal attack our kids would be divvying up the spoils of war right now!!
Link Posted: 8/10/2007 1:30:31 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You and Dan crack me up!!!  If everytime that M.O.M. (Man O'Mine) and I disagreed it turned into a personal attack our kids would be divvying up the spoils of war right now!!

So what color are you're toenails

Link Posted: 8/10/2007 2:56:51 PM EDT
[#11]
You know everytime I post something on this site it seems like there is someone that wants to argue about it.  The first amendment is still in place as far as I know but the first amendment also gives people the right to agree to disagree.  We are not all gonna get along all the time, but it is my opinion that personal attacks and badgering are beneath us.

AGAIN.... Just one mans opinion!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 8/10/2007 3:35:50 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
You know everytime I post something on this site it seems like there is someone that wants to argue about it.  The first amendment is still in place as far as I know but the first amendment also gives people the right to agree to disagree.  We are not all gonna get along all the time, but it is my opinion that personal attacks and badgering are beneath us.

You must be posting in GD
Link Posted: 8/10/2007 3:37:03 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

So what color are you're toenails

Hemi Orange!! Goes with my sandals!!  
Link Posted: 8/10/2007 3:40:12 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Higgi -- if you are referring to Dan, Nden and/or AC they don't know how to communicate without being derogatory to each other. Apparently, they like their lovin' a little on the rough side.  The rest of us, for the most part, are just here to watch the show!!  LOVE YOU GUYS!!
Link Posted: 8/10/2007 3:47:05 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Higgi -- if you are referring to Dan, Nden and/or AC they don't know how to communicate without being derogatory to each other. Apparently, they like their lovin' a little on the rough side.  The rest of us, for the most part, are just here to watch the show!!  LOVE YOU GUYS!!

Thanks for leaving me out ya tin-star jack rabbit!
Link Posted: 8/10/2007 3:47:21 PM EDT
[#16]
well I am still new to the site and learning.  I never mean to offend, and I kinda enjoy the fuss.  Keep up the good work fellas.  I'll keep reading.
Link Posted: 8/10/2007 3:50:31 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
well I am still new to the site and learning.  I never mean to offend, and I kinda enjoy the fuss.  Keep up the good work fellas.  I'll keep reading.

You came at a bad time.....most of the time we just give each other shit.  It's JP that stirs up real shit!

That is ever sence Johhny Nitro/Jim Dandy/????/????/ left (although I personally miss the guy!
Link Posted: 8/10/2007 3:54:15 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks for leaving me out ya tin-star jack rabbit!

Opps!! Sorry Dude!! I just kinda thought it was kinda obvious due to recent events!! LOVE YOU TOO!! (You guys know all these kisses I am giving out are gonna cost me when GlockCop logs on and sees I've cheating on him!!!
Link Posted: 8/10/2007 4:05:32 PM EDT
[#19]
Best covert thread on this subject yet....... i got the important info what color the female posters toenails are

BTW all you're rights are mear illusions........ much like the money we use.......
Link Posted: 8/10/2007 4:10:05 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Best covert thread on this subject yet....... i got the important info what color the female posters toenails are

BTW all you're rights are mear illusions........ much like the money we use.......

I was just telling GlockCop that you can hijack a thread like no other!!
Link Posted: 8/10/2007 5:02:01 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

I'm kinda fond of the chicks with the french pedicures and are drunk, desparate and horny,

as for shtf play money, all I got is copper and lead, hell man, it don't even have to be shtf, thats all I got right now, so I guess the s done htf.
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 7:34:26 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 8:29:56 AM EDT
[#23]
hahahahahaahah........man, as long as the trouble makers stay out, we'll be fine,

hell everyone in the okht talks shit to eachother, and there's plenty of disagreements, but they're handled accordingly,

it's only when outsiders come in that don't have an iron in the fire and stir the pot that things go south,

shit man, I'm still of the thought that if anyone doesn't like what I'm saying, then they can speak up, we'll arange to meet and go out back to see who gets dusty,

but hell man, thats just the way I like to handle disagreements, I ain't much for arguing, hand gesturing or posturing, because experience has shown me that there isn't much a good old fashion ass kicking won't cure,

you know the stuff they used to teach in kindergarten, "sticks and stones may break my bones, but word will never hurt me" .
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 9:11:02 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
hahahahahaahah........man, as long as the trouble makers stay out, we'll be fine,

hell everyone in the okht talks shit to eachother, and there's plenty of disagreements, but they're handled accordingly,

it's only when outsiders come in that don't have an iron in the fire and stir the pot that things go south,

shit man, I'm still of the thought that if anyone doesn't like what I'm saying, then they can speak up, we'll arange to meet and go out back to see who gets dusty,

but hell man, thats just the way I like to handle disagreements, I ain't much for arguing, hand gesturing or posturing, because experience has shown me that there isn't much a good old fashion ass kicking won't cure,

you know the stuff they used to teach in kindergarten, "sticks and stones may break my bones, but word will never hurt me" .

I like that . . . Hey, Nden, long time no flirt!! How's it goin' buddy?
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 9:16:07 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

...Look at it like this, If I come into your house and you ask me not to use foul language and  I start swearing like the Sailor that I am, I don't think you would be very happy and you would most likely ask me to leave. This is the best  way to describe it....

This "house" has been a "come as you are" place for a long time. Most of us don't measure others by what words they use, but the content of their posts.
Yeah, we may be rambunctious and use words that offend the "prim and proper", but that doesn't mean we are out of touch with the real world. Unless you work in a nunnery or place ate up with political correctness, we pretty much reflect every day life in our language.

This isn't a place for a church social, nor are we first graders or in the military marching under orders. You don't change the culture of a group over night. When you deny them the reason they come here, to be who they are without fear of condemnation, you will piss people off.
You have to change the culture slowly, not overnight.

Personally, I don't have to use profanity to get my ideas across. But then I have always appreciated the right to call a turd a turd and not use the extra key strokes to type out words such as animal feces, mammalian excrement, gasttic refuse, digestive by products, etc.

If you come into this "house" and we are in the middle of a family argument or in the process of throwing out a turd that keeps popping up, you can make any judgement you want about us. But I've always found that one bad encounter with an individual is not necessarily a reason to say he is no-good and condemn him forever. That happens far to often with many people and it is the wrong thing to do.
You don't know the whole story or haven't seen the entire picture. You make a snap judgement on limited exposure and it can be very wrong.

If you've ever ran a crew of men, you're going to have a turd in the group. You either do you best to get him to change his attitude or shuck his ass out the door AFTER you gave it an effort to persuade him to change. If you walk up to him and tell him he's an asshole, you're not going to get the best out of him. If you compliment him and encourage him, he may change. You have to try. If he isn't receptive, you fire his ass.
Leadership is as much how you approach the problem as it is recognizing it and correcting it.

higginw, you passed judgement on this place from just being here a short time. dpmmm, you come in and comment about this house. At what point in time does this become "your house"? Dropping in every once in awhile, or just getting here, does that mean you have the entire understanding of what is or has taken place here? Is it really "your house" to make comments in yet?

Can you give me an example where we landed hard or personally attacked someone for no reason? Especially a new comer? Where have we discouraged or attacked a guest in our house when they made their first appearance.?

We've given open arms and welcomed many new people here. Some have stayed because they felt comfortable in "their house". They became part of the family here. Others didn't care much for it and didn't stay?

But when we land hard on a continual troll that comes in and insults members of our group, CONTINUALLY, you think we are out of hand when we call a turd a turd?

If you want a prim and proper internet forum to mirror a politically correct work environment, then you don't have a true reflection of the real world.

Or a real grasp of what the members of the Oklahoma HT forum really are like!

Every time I come here how I get ticked off for the censorship and deleting of threads.
I connect two faced back stabbers with anyone who demand and enforce a politically  correct protocol in any culture.

I've always admired someone who will tell you what he thinks to your face and is honest.
If he uses profanity, it's not going to kill me. If he uses colorful terms to describe the problem, then I know he is sincere.

Beware of those who want to hear nothing but nice things and nice words. They have never had their hands dirty and don't have much spine when times get rough.

What I'm saying is that if I can't call a turd a turd, then I'm out of here. I'll miss the people but I damn sure won't miss being censored.

No one here is going to tell me I can't tell Osama Bin Loden his momma sucks camel cock if he shows up and starts bad mouthing the members here.
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 9:26:24 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Quoted:

Personally, I don't have to use profanity to get my ideas across. But then I have always appreciated the right to call a turd a turd and not use the extra key strokes to type out words such as animal feces, mammalian excrement, gasttic refuse, digestive by products, etc.

Would a typing class help, you think??  Hey, Dan, don' t be mad at me -- I'm in a good mood today and just clowning around.  

ETA: Do I really own page 2?  
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 9:47:58 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I like that . . . Hey, Nden, long time no flirt!! How's it goin' buddy?

pretty damn good bunny,

guess you've been too busy speaking politics to notice I've been here, thought there for a few posts, you were gonna go out and get all politicaly correct on us.

started out trying to read some of Dan's post, but got bored after the first few words, he does much better speaking about the river wading mexicans
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 10:32:11 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 12:06:06 PM EDT
[#29]
dpmm, the culture, the environment of any "house" is determined by those who are there the most.  If you only see one or two threads, then pass judgement on someone who is pissed off, you won't know if it is righteous indignation or bad behavior.

If you don't know the whole story, how can you pass judgement on what is bad behavior or being righteously pissed off?

As far as a troll, the moderator told me not to feed the troll. He acknowledged the presence of the troll but did nothing but delete two threads then lock one.

You diagnose the problem, you address the cause, not treat the symptoms one at a time in an acute disease. That's effective action.

In other words, screw the troll, not those he aims to piss off.

A chronic problem or disease is one that is deeply entrenched and takes time to cure. You don't do it overnight. It's not like turning a light off and on. Such as changing the long established culture within this OK  Hometown Forum.

There is a difference between an acute and chronic problem.  Some people here can't seem to differentiate between the two.

A troll comes in here, calls everyone liars, several jump his ass out, then he whines to Staff we are being abusive and making personal attacks.

Threads get locked, people are warned, people get pissed off, someone shows up suggesting we have been acting improperly.

Where were they when the troll was stirring the pot?
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 1:03:36 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 1:52:08 PM EDT
[#31]
Ahhh, 1shott, don't be too rough on them -- I think maybe everyone is a little tense right now. We play around a lot here, but all things considered they are all good guys. I would tell you I am a good girl, too, but that would probably be a little too much BS to swallow all at one time.

Besides, I apparently can't tell when you are talking to me or Chucks1911!!

This is an official hijack because I am too lazy to start another thread:

Hey Dan, did you see the thread about the illegal immigrant complaining about being discriminated against when he was deported to Mexico?
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 4:44:27 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
How about everyone getting over it and moving on.

Seems to be alot of wasted time and energy on subject matter that in the grand scheme of things, no one will care about in a hundred years.

Goddamn 1shott, 100 years is a long damn time, I'm thinking more like 7:5ish this morning, and I would think about it no longer.
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 4:47:50 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Ahhh, 1shott, don't be too rough on them -- I think maybe everyone is a little tense right now. We play around a lot here, but all things considered they are all good guys. I would tell you I am a good girl, too, but that would probably be a little too much BS to swallow all at one time.

Hey Dan, did you see the thread about the illegal immigrant complaining about being discriminated against when he was deported to Mexico?

hey bunny I damn sure aint' Dan, but I thought that was found to be some media whores creative writting.
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 6:51:54 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

hey bunny I damn sure aint' Dan, but I thought that was found to be some media whores creative writting.

BB, that wasn't me. Not my style. If I want to be creative, it may have to be under a non de plume.

Having multiple accounts on a website seems to be a necessity nowadays.

I wouldn't do that here or on any other websites!
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 3:39:31 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

BB, that wasn't me. Not my style. If I want to be creative, it may have to be under a non de plume.

Having multiple accounts on a website seems to be a necessity nowadays.

I wouldn't do that here or on any other websites!

I didn't think it was you, just wondered if you had seen it. Multiple accounts would do me no good -- my writing is too identifiable. Unlike most trolls I can write in a clear, concise, coherent style. That, along with my ability to address each issue identified in said paragraph in an orderly manner with reason and logic make me easy to pick out of the crowd, regardless of my screen name. Besides bitches write better than bastards and there are more bastards out there than bitches -- again making me easy to spot!

Yeah, right -- shake that shit off your boots now!! and we can move on . . .
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 4:46:17 AM EDT
[#36]
Oh, I've shaken if off. I haven't forgotten, but it's water under the bridge for me..
But we do have someone who won't shake it off, won't forget it, and it will temper everything he does from now on. He's a little too sensitive, a little too hard headed, to be handling the situation he is in.
He's a good moral man and a hell of a fine guy. But he doesn't have a thick enough skin to be what he is here.
He will over react to a lot of things from now on. It's going to be like walking in a mine field here for a while.  
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 6:27:22 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 8:02:03 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
OK for the last time dan,

All a person needs to do on this board is follow the C.O.C. that is all, it should not be difficult for adults to do. Follow the C.O.C, which is clearly posted in the Forum Resources above, then a person should not have to feel like they are walking in mine field.

I understand. And thank you for pointing out the Code of Conduct.

6.) Attacking or insulting a person in an effort to elicit a negative response. You have a right to disagree, but please do so in a respectful manner,

Let me assure you, nothing I've posted is intended as an attack or an insult. And have not been posted in a disrespectful manner.

7.) Posting topics or discussions that do the site or community harm. More specifically creating topics meant to disrupt the site's day to day management, disrupt member's resources, or disrupt the ability for the site to function normally.

This is not my thread but I have posted in it several times. I would not think this topic has been a disruption. But that is my opinion and open to interpretation.
If it is, it might be a good idea to lock it.
If not, then no harm has been done and hopefully, no offense taken by anyone that posted in this thread.
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 2:10:49 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 2:12:34 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 4:35:00 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Oh, I've shaken if off. I haven't forgotten, but it's water under the bridge for me..
But we do have someone who won't shake it off, won't forget it, and it will temper everything he does from now on. He's a little too sensitive, a little too hard headed, to be handling the situation he is in.
He's a good moral man and a hell of a fine guy. But he doesn't have a thick enough skin to be what he is here.
He will over react to a lot of things from now on. It's going to be like walking in a mine field here for a while.  

no ithink he will be just fine. he is acting exactly as we hoped he would.

not the lunch lady again!!!
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 4:42:24 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 4:47:57 PM EDT
[#43]
quit with the fucking lunch lady thing......

i know a hot lunch lady and it's given me bad images man
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 5:57:11 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Now that is an oxymoron!!!!!
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 5:57:15 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Long as your toe nails are not "whore red" you will be fine BS (Dude, that doesn't look too good, does it!?!?)
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 6:49:02 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Long as your toe nails are not "whore red" you will be fine BS (Dude, that doesn't look too good, does it!?!?)

I don't want to even picture his toenails even in whore red

But the lunch lady i'm talking about...... wellllllllllllllllll now i may have seen them
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 7:01:03 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Now that is an oxymoron!!!!!

I heard she's so hot, that after she prepares the meal the kids don't even have to add salt;

guess she lives up to her name sweaty betty, and it ain't just her toenails that are whore red.
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 7:09:16 PM EDT
[#48]
Knock it off with the lunch lady jokes! My mother worked in a school cafeteria so we could have decent clothes to wear to school. We didn't have the best of things but she worked hard to see that we were provided for while my dad was overseas, in Gitmo and Viet Nam.
So knock off the lunch lady crap. It's disrespectful to people that work hard for a living.
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 7:16:28 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
Knock it off with the lunch lady jokes! My mother worked in a school cafeteria so we could have decent clothes to wear to school. We didn't have the best of things but she worked hard to see that we were provided for while my dad was overseas, in Gitmo and Viet Nam.
So knock off the lunch lady crap. It's disrespectful to people that work hard for a living.

I just want everyone to know how hard it was for me to refrain from my 1st amend rights and ask dan if his mom ever painted her toenails red but i was good and didnt do it.........
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 7:34:46 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I just want everyone to know how hard it was for me to refrain from my 1st amend rights and ask dan if his mom ever painted her toenails red but i was good and didnt do it.........

Hell, my momma never worked in a school cafeteria.
I was lying.
1st amendment my ass, ACman.  You were just being nice by not making a real crappy comment!
I guess this place really is on the road to being a "kinder and gentler" place.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top