User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 4/24/2007 2:02:52 AM EDT
Link Posted: 4/24/2007 2:51:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: OKLAHOMA_LAWMAN] [#1]
Chapter 53 - Manufacture, Sale, and Wearing of Weapons

§ 1271.1. Confiscation and Forfeiture of Weapons Upon Arrest of Person Under 18-Disposition

§ 1272. Carrying Weapons - Exceptions

§ 1272.1. Carrying Firearms Where Liquor Is Consumed

§ 1272.2. Penalties

§ 1273. Allowing Minors to Possess Firearms

§ 1276. Penalty for Violation

§ 1278. Unlawful Intent to Carry - Penalty

§ 1279. Pointing Weapons at Others - Exception - Penalty

§ 1280. Punishment for Violation

§ 1280.1. Possession of Firearm on School Property

§ 1281. Penalty for Manufacturing, Selling or Disposing of Slung Shot

§ 1282. Felony Use of a Slung Shot

§ 1283. Persons Convicted of a Felony Prohibited from Carrying Firearms

§ 1284. Violation a Felony - Punishment

§ 1286. Repealed by Laws 1995, c. 272, § 59, eff. Sept. 1, 1995.

§ 1287. Use of Firearm While Committing a Felony

§ 1287.1. Brandy Thurmond Act

§ 1288. Purchases of Firearms, Ammunition and Equipment in Contiguous States by Oklahoma Residents-Purchases in Oklahoma by Residents of Contiguous States

Oklahoma Firearms Act of 1971

§ 1289.3. Definition of Pistols

§ 1289.4. Definition of Rifles

§ 1289.5. Definition of Shotguns

§ 1289.6. Lawful Carrying of Firearms

§ 1289.7. Firearms in Motor Vehicles - Exceptions

§ 1289.7a. Prohibiting Persons From Transporting, Storing Firearms in Locked Vehicle Unlawful

§ 1289.8. Concealed Weapons - Identification Cards - Promulgation of Rules

§ 1289.9. Carrying Weapons Under the Influence of Alcohol

§ 1289.10. Furnishing Firearms to Mentally Incompetent or Insane Persons

§ 1289.11. Reckless Conduct

§ 1289.12. Selling or Transferring of Firearms to Convicted Felons, Disturbed Persons or Persons Under Influence of Alcohol or Drugs - Displaying Notice

§ 1289.13. Transporting a Loaded Firearm

§ 1289.13A. Transferring Loaded Pistol Without Concealed Handgun Permit - Penalty - Confiscation of Firearm

§ 1289.14. Repealed by Laws 1992, SB 713, c. 284, § 58, eff. January 1, 1993

§ 1289.15. Penalties

§ 1289.16. Pointing Firearms

§ 1289.17. Penalty

§ 1289.17A. Felony Discharging Firearms

§ 1289.18. Sawed-Off Shotgun and Sawed-Off Rifle Defined - Violations - Penalties

§ 1289.19. Restricted Bullet and Body Armor Defined

§ 1289.20. Manufacture of Restricted Bullets - Exception - Penalty

§ 1289.21. Possession or Use of a Restricted Bullets - Penalty

§ 1289.22. Law Enforcement Exemption

§ 1289.23. Concealed Firearm for Off-Duty Police Officer

§ 1289.24. Firearm Regulation - State Preemption

§ 1289.24a. Manufacture of Firearms and Ammunition - Actions Against Manufacturers

§ 1289.25. Physical or Deadly Force Against Intruder

§ 1289.26. Use of Body Armor

Oklahoma Self-Defense Act

§ 1290.1. Short Title

§ 1290.2. Definitions

§ 1290.3. Authorization to Issue Licenses and Promulgate Rules

§ 1290.4. Concealed Weapons - Unlawful Except Where Hereby Authorized

§ 1290.5. Term of License and Renewal

§ 1290.6. Limitation on License- Caliber Over .45

§ 1290.7. Limitations of License

§ 1290.8. Possession of License Required - Notification to Police of Gun

§ 1290.9. Requirements for License

§ 1290.10. Mandatory Preclusions

§ 1290.11. Other Preclusions

§ 1290.12. Procedure for Application

§ 1290.13. Automatic Listing of Licenses

§ 1290.14. Safety and Training Course

§ 1290.15. Training and Qualification Course - Exemptions

§ 1290.16. Reporting Requirements

§ 1290.17. Revocation of License

§ 1290.18. License Application Made Under Oath - Contents

§ 1290.19. Contents of License Application

§ 1290.20. Refusal to Accept Application not Allowed - Penalty

§ 1290.21. Replacement License

§ 1290.22. Business Owner's Rights

§ 1290.23. Distribution of License Fees

§ 1290.24. Immunity

§ 1290.25. Legislative Intent

§ 1290.26. Concealed Weapons-Licenses from Other States Valid

Well that should be it. If I missed something please let me know.  
Link Posted: 4/24/2007 7:44:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/24/2007 7:58:44 PM EDT
[#3]
hmmmmm..........just reading those makes me feel like a cop already, or maybe a lawyer, but most likely in need of a good lawyer.
Link Posted: 5/2/2007 9:29:34 PM EDT
[#4]
slung shot ?

is this a misspelling of sling shot ? or does this actually exsist?
if so anyone have pics, i'm curious
Link Posted: 5/5/2007 1:03:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: OKLAHOMA_LAWMAN] [#5]
It's right.
Link Posted: 5/14/2007 1:55:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Very cool! Doeas this talk about knives? I would be interested in finding out more about knife carry regs. Most of what I know comes from packing.org .
Link Posted: 5/14/2007 4:01:51 AM EDT
[#7]
Try Section 1272
Link Posted: 5/19/2007 10:17:07 AM EDT
[#8]
Was there ever a time when you could carry openly? How would a biker transport a long gun?
Link Posted: 8/10/2007 11:28:33 AM EDT
[#9]
Is this part of the law actually in effect?  I thought it was held up in court?

Section 1290.22 - Business Owner's Rights
B. No person, property owner, tenant, employer, or business entity shall be permitted to establish any policy or rule that has the effect of prohibiting any person, except a convicted felon, from transporting and storing firearms in a locked vehicle on any property set aside for any vehicle.

Link Posted: 8/11/2007 10:52:41 AM EDT
[#10]

Originally Posted By OStateFlyer:
Is this part of the law actually in effect?  I thought it was held up in court?

Section 1290.22 - Business Owner's Rights
B. No person, property owner, tenant, employer, or business entity shall be permitted to establish any policy or rule that has the effect of prohibiting any person, except a convicted felon, from transporting and storing firearms in a locked vehicle on any property set aside for any vehicle.

I am not sure but I think the Weyerhauser and Conoco/Phillips injunctions still stand. Let me do some checking. Will try to get back with you next week.
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 6:22:47 PM EDT
[#11]
OKLAHOMA_LAWMAN
I been meaning to say thanks for going to the trouble just havent gotten around to it

So thanx
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 10:36:40 PM EDT
[#12]
There was a lot of time and work to get all this together for us and I also wanted to say thanks also. Now I can clean up some of my bookmarks I won't need anymore.
Link Posted: 8/19/2007 7:54:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: OKLAHOMA_LAWMAN] [#13]
Not a problem
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 7:06:37 PM EDT
[#14]
Just checking - anyone know the status of the injunction on firearms in locked vehicles on employer parking lots?

Seems to have become a real quiet issue.

Thanks,
Jay
Link Posted: 10/23/2007 6:52:09 AM EDT
[#15]

Originally Posted By 761mph:
slung shot ?

is this a misspelling of sling shot ? or does this actually exsist?
if so anyone have pics, i'm curious

A slung shot is like what david used to kill goliath if that helps
Link Posted: 11/4/2007 12:50:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Can someone point me to the right direction and tell me about carrying in a State Park (Lake Murray, OK)? All I know is that states have the power to decide to make it legal or not.

I am planning a trip to the lake and can't find nothing on the subject.
Link Posted: 11/4/2007 1:09:28 PM EDT
[#17]
I would think it shouldn't be a problem if you have CCW. I would call the State Park Rangers and ask them.  
Link Posted: 11/4/2007 2:53:36 PM EDT
[#18]
Thanks, I will check with them.
Link Posted: 1/2/2008 1:17:21 AM EDT
[#19]
I'm confused about CCW on a college campus.  I go to school in OK and live on campus in an apartment.  According to this link:

Section 1277 - Unlawful Carry in Certain Places

D. No person in possession of any concealed handgun pursuant to the Oklahoma Self-Defense Act shall be authorized to carry the handgun into or upon any college or university property, except as provided in this subsection. For purposes of this subsection, the following property shall not be construed as prohibited for persons having a valid concealed handgun license:

1. Any property set aside for the use of any vehicle, whether attended or unattended, provided the handgun is carried or stored as required by law and the handgun is not removed from the vehicle without the prior consent of the college or university president while the vehicle is on any college or university property;

2. Any property authorized for possession or use of handguns by college or university policy; and

3. Any property authorized by the written consent of the college or university president, provided the written consent is carried with the handgun and the valid concealed handgun license while on college or university property.

The college or university may notify the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation within ten (10) days of a violation of any provision of this subsection by a licensee. Upon receipt of a written notification of violation, the Bureau shall give a reasonable notice to the licensee and hold a hearing. At the hearing upon a determination that the licensee has violated any provision of this subsection, the licensee may be subject to an administrative fine of Two Hundred Fifty Dollars ($250.00) and may have the concealed handgun license suspended for three (3) months.

Nothing contained in any provision of this subsection shall be construed to authorize or allow any college or university to establish any policy or rule that has the effect of prohibiting any person in lawful possession of a concealed handgun license from possession of a handgun allowable under such license in places described in paragraphs 1, 2 and 3 of this subsection. Nothing contained in any provision of this subsection shall be construed to limit the authority of any college or university in this state from taking administrative action against any student for any violation of any provision of this subsection.

So what does that mean exactly?  You can carry a handgun in your car while on a college campus, as long as it never leaves the car, and it's unloaded and locked in a case?  But what if the college has this on their webpage:

In addition to the University's current policies, as a private institution, Title 21 Oklahoma Statutes section 1277D and 1290.22 prohibits carrying concealed weapons on colleges and university campuses, except under specified conditions as set out in University policy

So does this mean even if it is legal to carry in your car while on a college campus, the university can expel you if they want?
Link Posted: 1/2/2008 1:22:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: S13] [#20]
No CCW on campus unless you have permission from the Pres of the U.  This includes an on campus apt.

In your car while you go to class is ok.  Keeping it in your car 24/7 while you live there?  I'm not sure.  I don't think you could be charged criminally with it.

I have no idea what protection you have from being expelled if caught in your car on campus.  That is a civil issue.
Link Posted: 1/2/2008 1:36:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Radiolucent] [#21]

Originally Posted By sherrick13:
No CCW on campus unless you have permission from the Pres of the U.  This includes an on campus apt.

In your car while you go to class is ok.  Keeping it in your car 24/7 while you live there?  I'm not sure.  I don't think you could be charged criminally with it.

I have no idea what protection you have from being expelled if caught in your car on campus.  That is a civil issue.

Yeah I'm not sure if it's worth the risk just to leave it in my car while I go to class, go to sleep, or do anything.  If a VT type shooting happened there is nothing I could do except run away.  All we can carry according to university policy is a knife with a blade less than 4".  These laws are really starting to anger me.  I just turned 21 so I can finally get a CCW permit, but can't use it 8 months of the year.  And I'm old enough to buy a suppressor but I live in one of the few states in the country, especially this region, where I can't own one.

I just took the CCW class for KS this weekend and here it is legal to have a handgun in any public parking lot when you get the permit but a business could fire you if they wanted, and a college could expel you if they wanted.

Also an interesting fact I learned is that it is illegal to fire any rounds from your CCW on a school campus no matter the circumstance, even if you are shooting a mass murderer.  Although I don't think you would be prosecuted by any sane person for stopping an attack...
Link Posted: 1/2/2008 1:44:30 AM EDT
[#22]
You have to make your own decision on that.  I know what mine would be.
Link Posted: 1/2/2008 2:55:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SysOps] [#23]
I have a couple questions about 1289.18 B and D.

I was looking at SBR'ing my 9mm AR. The shortest I have considered SBR'ing it to is 5.5 inches barrel giving it an OAL of 22.5 inches stock collapsed and 26 inches stock extended. This would violate Section B correct?

If the Form 1 is approved it negates the 26 inches OAL requirement doesn't it, which is what Section D is about correct?

When the state looks at OAL do they consider the stock collapsed or extended?

My other SBR has a collapsed OAL of 31.5 inches which left me nothing to worry about, but this one bothers me...

Link Posted: 7/27/2008 11:52:03 PM EDT
[#24]
edit
Link Posted: 12/1/2008 6:11:39 PM EDT
[#25]
I'm unlocking this because it doesn't serve its intended purpose if it's locked
Link Posted: 12/6/2008 2:33:58 PM EDT
[#26]
I HAVE A VERY SERIOUS QUESTION..........

My Dad has a felony on his record. My Mom wants to buy a gun.
With them remarried and living in the same house, but each have their own bedrooms, can this be done Legally?

Also......

I live in TX and have a TX CHL. Does me having a CHL make this law null and void?
What do I need to do when I go visit?

A. Except as provided in subsection B of this section, it shall be unlawful for any person convicted of any felony in any court of this state or of another state or of the United States to have in his or her possession or under his or her immediate control, or in any vehicle which the person is operating, or in which the person is riding as a passenger, or at the residence where the convicted person resides, any pistol, imitation or homemade pistol, altered air or toy pistol, machine gun, sawed-off shotgun or rifle, or any other dangerous or deadly firearm.
Link Posted: 12/9/2008 4:25:41 AM EDT
[#27]
I just have one question. The facility where I work security at, I see ALOT of OCPD, OCSD Deputies and LEOs from other counties and cities. When I ask them they usually give me that same answer, but if I use my consealed weapon in the defence of myself or family, when the responding officer arrives I have heard that its only required that I give them really my ID and ask for an attourny, but most the LEOs I talk to say that as long as the shooting is justified, they wont ask many questions. I have yet to use my gun in defence (thankfully) but I would rather be mentally prepared for the repercussions then find out as i go along. So is it best to keep my mouth shut in other words or give the officer my side of the story and wait to see if the judge sees the shooting as justified?
Link Posted: 12/18/2008 1:42:33 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By LARman0311:
I just have one question. The facility where I work security at, I see ALOT of OCPD, OCSD Deputies and LEOs from other counties and cities. When I ask them they usually give me that same answer, but if I use my consealed weapon in the defence of myself or family, when the responding officer arrives I have heard that its only required that I give them really my ID and ask for an attorney, but most the LEOs I talk to say that as long as the shooting is justified, they wont ask many questions. I have yet to use my gun in defence (thankfully) but I would rather be mentally prepared for the repercussions then find out as I go along. So is it best to keep my mouth shut in other words or give the officer my side of the story and wait to see if the judge sees the shooting as justified?

Where do you work at.  Can't give you legal advise but If I was in your situation I would ID myself and keep my mouth shut.  

Link Posted: 12/23/2008 5:13:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: LARman0311] [#29]
Originally Posted By kahrk-9:
Very cool! Doeas this talk about knives? I would be interested in finding out more about knife carry regs. Most of what I know comes from packing.org .

This is a good question, I also carry a knife along with a 1911 (match force with force, right?). Anyone know where we can find the laws governing the use of knives for SD?

Im not big on knives but better to be prepared then sorry.
Link Posted: 12/24/2008 2:48:23 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 12/24/2008 8:16:47 PM EDT
[#31]
Ok, I found this at http://forums.officer.com/archive/someother stuff that is to long to care to put here but this is what one posting stated,

http://www.oscn.net/applications/oscn/deliverdocument.asp?citeID=69740

Oklahoma Statutes Citationized
Title 21. Crimes and Punishments
Chapter 53 - Manufacture, Sale, and Wearing of Weapons
Section 1272 - Carrying Weapons - Exceptions
Cite as: O.S.__

UNLAWFUL CARRY

A. It shall be unlawful for any person to carry upon or about his or her person, or in a purse or other container belonging to the person, any pistol, revolver, shotgun or rifle whether loaded or unloaded or any dagger, bowie knife, dirk knife, switchblade knife, spring-type knife, sword cane, knife having a blade which opens automatically by hand pressure applied to a button, spring, or other device in the handle of the knife, blackjack, loaded cane, billy, hand chain, metal knuckles, or any other offensive weapon, whether such weapon be concealed or unconcealed, except this section shall not prohibit:

1. The proper use of guns and knives for hunting, fishing, educational or recreational purposes;

2. The carrying or use of weapons in a manner otherwise permitted by statute or authorized by the Oklahoma Self-Defense Act;

3. The carrying, possession and use of any weapon by a peace officer or other person authorized by law to carry a weapon in the performance of official duties and in compliance with the rules of the employing agency; or

4. The carrying and use of firearms and other weapons provided in this subsection when used for the purpose of living history reenactment. For purposes of this paragraph, "living history reenactment" means depiction of historical characters, scenes, historical life or events for entertainment, education, or historical documentation through the wearing or use of period, historical, antique or vintage clothing, accessories, firearms, weapons, and other implements of the historical period.

B. Any person convicted of violating the foregoing provision shall be guilty of a misdemeanor punishable as provided in Section 1276 of this title.

The poster mentioned that this is the only relavent statue in the Oklahoma Law for knive carry. Basically, a pocket knife is about the only knife you can carry legally if its not for hunting ect...
Link Posted: 12/28/2008 2:31:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: OklahomaSam] [#32]
double post

Link Posted: 12/28/2008 2:32:47 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By OKLAHOMA_LAWMAN:
I just have one question. The facility where I work security at, I see ALOT of OCPD, OCSD Deputies and LEOs from other counties and cities. When I ask them they usually give me that same answer, but if I use my consealed weapon in the defence of myself or family, when the responding officer arrives I have heard that its only required that I give them really my ID and ask for an attorney, but most the LEOs I talk to say that as long as the shooting is justified, they wont ask many questions. I have yet to use my gun in defence (thankfully) but I would rather be mentally prepared for the repercussions then find out as I go along. So is it best to keep my mouth shut in other words or give the officer my side of the story and wait to see if the judge sees the shooting as justified?

Where do you work at.  Can't give you legal advise but If I was in your situation I would ID myself and keep my mouth shut.  

My opinion is to be quiet and request a lawyer before any statements are made. Anything you say can be misconstrued in a court of law. If you've just got to open your mouth, the only thing IMHO that is close to reaonable to say is "I was in fear for my life or serious bodily injury" and then ask for a lawyer.

Be aware that any statement you make immediately after the event will most likely be a statement made while you're stressed, scared, and on an adrenaline high. This is not a recipe for accuracy and may result in misstatements. For example the statement "I shot him until he was dead" might play a lot differently to a jury than "I shot him until he wasn't a threat".

Immediately requesting a lawyer may result in spending a night in jail and having to post bond. Not lawyering up may result in a prison sentence.

I'm not a lawyer, I don't even play one on T.V.

Link Posted: 12/29/2008 8:25:13 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By OKLAHOMA_LAWMAN:

I work at the Oklahoma County Crisis Center... I see LEOs from just about every county bringing in people for mental issues and drug and alchohal abuse/issues. I have almost seen it all at that place.
Link Posted: 1/31/2009 7:09:04 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By OklahomaSam:
My opinion is to be quiet and request a lawyer before any statements are made. Anything you say can be misconstrued in a court of law. If you've just got to open your mouth, the only thing IMHO that is close to reaonable to say is "I was in fear for my life or serious bodily injury" and then ask for a lawyer.

Be aware that any statement you make immediately after the event will most likely be a statement made while you're stressed, scared, and on an adrenaline high. This is not a recipe for accuracy and may result in misstatements. For example the statement "I shot him until he was dead" might play a lot differently to a jury than "I shot him until he wasn't a threat".

I agree.  I have attended several training sessions for LEO's responding to and involved in officer involved shootings.  I've even helped teach some.  Your mind, memory, etc is all on overload at that time, so to speak.  I'd say it's best to identify yourself, make sure your hands are empty and visible, and ask for a lawyer.  Do this respectfully, and you probably won't have a problem right then.  Of course, I also have my attorney's 24 hr number on speed dial.
Link Posted: 2/5/2009 2:06:52 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 2/9/2009 8:57:23 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By soowah:
Question on off limits places.

I may have missed it, if so please direct to the statute.

No carry in places where alcohol is primary money maker (Bar. )
No carry in places that have para mutual betting (race track).

I'm planning on visiting your casinos just across the Red, as I understand it, I'm good to carry?

Not only am I not a lawyer, I have trouble even reading the law well enough to keep myself out of trouble, but since parimutuel betting is allowed in casinos it seems like you aren't allowed to carry there.
Link Posted: 3/13/2009 6:33:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GNRNR] [#38]
I couldnt find this in the links -How old do I have to be to purchase a hangun from a dealer or individual

Ive heard I cant from a dealer but can from a individual
any clarification?
Link Posted: 3/14/2009 9:14:46 AM EDT
[#39]
Again....21 to buy, 18 to receive it as a "Gift".  
Link Posted: 4/7/2009 11:28:19 PM EDT
[#40]
House Bill 1865 heads to senate floor for vote.  This law will allow out of state purchases and allow Oklahomans to purchase firearms from other states that allow it.  It will get my vote.  Steve
Link Posted: 4/12/2009 10:06:30 PM EDT
[#41]
How about a loaded gun in my glove box?

If not in my GB, where in the car?
Link Posted: 4/12/2009 10:23:14 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By target1911:
I HAVE A VERY SERIOUS QUESTION..........

My Dad has a felony on his record. My Mom wants to buy a gun.
With them remarried and living in the same house, but each have their own bedrooms, can this be done Legally?

Also......

I live in TX and have a TX CHL. Does me having a CHL make this law null and void?
What do I need to do when I go visit?

A. Except as provided in subsection B of this section, it shall be unlawful for any person convicted of any felony in any court of this state or of another state or of the United States to have in his or her possession or under his or her immediate control, or in any vehicle which the person is operating, or in which the person is riding as a passenger, or at the residence where the convicted person resides, any pistol, imitation or homemade pistol, altered air or toy pistol, machine gun, sawed-off shotgun or rifle, or any other dangerous or deadly firearm.

IIRC she needs to keep the gun in a safe he doesn't have the combination to.  This is what G. Gordon Liddy and his wife do.
Link Posted: 4/14/2009 5:24:34 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By Regular122:
House Bill 1865 heads to senate floor for vote.  This law will allow out of state purchases and allow Oklahomans to purchase firearms from other states that allow it.  It will get my vote.  Steve

This bill passed in the full senate on 13 April.  It will now advance and hopefully become law if the Governor signs.  Steve
Link Posted: 4/22/2009 8:12:52 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By Tannim:

I am curious as to the answer as well. I am taking a trip up north this weekend for a camping trip. What are the laws regarding carrying weapons in a vehicle? I normally carry a loaded pistol in my console (no CHL yet). Is this gtg in gods country?  

TIA
Red
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 5:59:04 PM EDT
[#45]
Is it legal to CCW in a bank (provided they don't have a sign up)? I don't remember anything specifically prohibiting it in the SDA, but someone was telling me that banks are considered part of Federal Property??? And since you can't carry on property owned or leased by a state or Federal entity....

Does anyone know?

Also - what about state and national parks, now that Coburn's thing has passed in DC?
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 3:38:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: higgimw] [#46]
Originally Posted By imdandman:
Is it legal to CCW in a bank (provided they don't have a sign up)? I don't remember anything specifically prohibiting it in the SDA, but someone was telling me that banks are considered part of Federal Property??? And since you can't carry on property owned or leased by a state or Federal entity....

Does anyone know?

Also - what about state and national parks, now that Coburn's thing has passed in DC?

I just got back from the North Central State Parks.  They still prohibit carrying loaded firearms with you.  In fact the sign at Yellowstone reads that firearms must be "Unloaded, and/or disabled".  Coburns bill is suppose to go into effect around Feb or so of next year if I have read it correctly.
Link Posted: 6/21/2009 8:19:11 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By higgimw:
Originally Posted By imdandman:

Does anyone know?

I just got back from the North Central State Parks.  They still prohibit carrying loaded firearms with you.  In fact the sign at Yellowstone reads that firearms must be "Unloaded, and/or disabled".  Coburns bill is suppose to go into effect around Feb or so of next year if I have read it correctly.

So what about banks?
Link Posted: 1/30/2010 5:40:10 PM EDT
[#48]
How would it be treated if you had to kill an animal within Okc city limits? A pitbull tried to attack me yesterday on my front porch until I held it at bay (in broad daylight) with my .45. The safety was off and I just had a few ounces of pull left on my trigger before it decided to leave. I was going to shoot it but I dont know how that would have played out and it wasnt physically harming me, it just ran up to me in a threatening manner. Should I just shoot it next time it does that?  I know who the owner of it is but hes a ghetto @$$hole who raised it to be a fighter as its ears were missing. Hes one of only a few ghetto rent houses left on our block but his dog was nearly killed yesterday by me and today by a guy around the corner. So does the law say anything about shooting a vicious dog?
Link Posted: 2/12/2010 2:40:47 AM EDT
[#49]
How would it be treated if you had to kill an animal within Okc city limits? A pitbull tried to attack me yesterday on my front porch until I held it at bay (in broad daylight) with my .45. The safety was off and I just had a few ounces of pull left on my trigger before it decided to leave. I was going to shoot it but I dont know how that would have played out and it wasnt physically harming me, it just ran up to me in a threatening manner. Should I just shoot it next time it does that?  I know who the owner of it is but hes a ghetto @$$hole who raised it to be a fighter as its ears were missing. Hes one of only a few ghetto rent houses left on our block but his dog was nearly killed yesterday by me and today by a guy around the corner. So does the law say anything about shooting a vicious dog?

I feel like you would be fine, but I can't cite any specific law to that effect. If I come across anything I'll post it here.

IANAL
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 10:02:33 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Tannim:

No loaded guns in your car without CHL.  To transport a gun in oklahoma it has to be unloaded and in plain sight(without CHL) .  I think you can keep a loaded mag seperated from the gun.  I'm not 100% sure on the mag.  Check into it before you go off me.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top