Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/22/2007 1:51:24 PM EDT
Was told at the plant today, production, 24/7 until further notice, like October....

Not to mention the 25hrs a week at the HD......

Guess it is a good thing I sold my ATV, I dont think I am going to have enough free time this summer to ride anyway.

On the good side I have lost 20lbs in the last 90 days..

Link Posted: 2/22/2007 2:53:43 PM EDT
[#1]
just think of all the greenbacks  

don't know what else to say working long hrs sux
Link Posted: 2/22/2007 3:40:14 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Well the .gov will once more be in my pants, thats a sure thing, and to think, I thought I was not getting action....
Link Posted: 2/22/2007 4:49:26 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well the .gov will once more be in my pants, thats a sure thing, and to think, I thought I was not getting action....

Don't feel bad about it, 1shott! Just think about all the illegal immigrants your tax money will be spent on. Things like education and health care for border jumpers.
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 2:47:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Don't burn yourself out, bro!  I remember those long days 7 days a week, and it isn't any fun hitting that burnout point.  
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 1:43:10 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Don't burn yourself out, bro!  I remember those long days 7 days a week, and it isn't any fun hitting that burnout point.  

Week after next, looks like a 90 hour + week.  
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 3:04:02 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

We've talked about this before, partner. I"m gonna tell you one more time
it aint' friggin' worth it. I've worked 84 hr weeks, 7x12hours weeks, week after week, month after month.
In the end, all I had to show for it was some money in the bank - not as much as it should have been due to taxes - and knees starting to go out on me.
R - you only live once. Don't wear yourself down working overtime like it did me. Lost time is not something you can recover even if you are making a few bucks more. Work some, pass some up. Take care of yourself.
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 3:15:16 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

man that shit will make you old, I worked 12hrs shifts 7 days a week in 98' with only 3 days off the entire year and in 99' with 2 days off until the first of dec. when we got furloughed for 6 weeks,

it fucking sucked ass, money was damn good, but I told myself I'd never work that hard again, it just wasn't worth it,

my greatest loss was that I lost two years of time with my children.
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 3:23:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Yep...I agree with Nden and Dan.  Come up to Edmond and drink some beer!  It is time much better spent than working!
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 3:51:21 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
...I worked 12hrs shifts 7 days a week in 98' with only 3 days off the entire year and in 99' with 2 days off until the first of dec. when we got furloughed for 6 weeks,

it fucking sucked ass, money was damn good, but I told myself I'd never work that hard again, it just wasn't worth it,...

And in the end, the company doesn't really give a fuck for how much you worked, how hard you worked, or what it cost you physically.
The company execs are out on the golf course while you're busting your ass on the weekend and talking about how bad you are fucking the company making all that good money.

Slow down, 1shott. If you have a heart attack and die, who will I bullshit about shooting those little bucks?
But then if you do, can I have your guns?
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 6:35:01 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
...I worked 12hrs shifts 7 days a week in 98' with only 3 days off the entire year and in 99' with 2 days off until the first of dec. when we got furloughed for 6 weeks,

it fucking sucked ass, money was damn good, but I told myself I'd never work that hard again, it just wasn't worth it,...

And in the end, the company doesn't really give a fuck for how much you worked, how hard you worked, or what it cost you physically.
The company execs are out on the golf course while you're busting your ass on the weekend and talking about how bad you are fucking the company making all that good money.

thats no shit man, I was spent, its damn hard to contiue to try and have a social life, family life, work and sleep at some point when you only have 12hrs a day and no days off to rest,

but like I've always heard, no rest for the weary, and I was fucking physically weary for about 3 years after that, if it wasn't for my bad luck of getting medically fired and not being able to find gainfull employment for nearly three years,

I'da probably blown a vein in my head, ended up shuffling me feet and wearing depends by now,

it didn't break my spirit, but it damn sure did my feet and knees, standing on concrete in one spot for 12hrs/day 24/7 deffinately took its toll, almost no cartlidge left in one knee with three operations in five years and broke down the arches in my feet,

nowdays if I'm gonna be standing stationary for any amount of time I gotta wear prescription arch supports or I'll hobble around like an old man,

woulda said Dan, but his hobble is from Rat riding bbm style.
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 8:11:50 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
.....or I'll hobble around like an old man,

woulda said Dan, but his hobble is from Rat riding bbm style.

Link Posted: 2/24/2007 9:20:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 7:39:23 AM EDT
[#13]
You know 1shott  the old men here have given you the facts and some great advice. Take care of yourself and know when to say "No its not worth it" and mean it.... I've been there and done that, and now I have a much better life than I ever had. Lesson learned and I won't go there again my friend.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 8:11:17 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
You know 1shott  the old men here have given you the facts and some great advice.....

OLD MEN????????

What do you mean old?
(just kidding! )
Here's an OLD MAN that is old in body but not in heart!

104 and about to be 105 this February 28. What I have learned first hand from him is that if the body goes, the mind will not be long after. The spirit/soul sometimes keeps a man functioning in both spectrums longer than it should.

The long hours and the stress involved in work will take a toll if rest or relief is not taken.
Old Bud worked hard, but he rested when tired, and played when he felt like it. And prayed to his "Great Master" when he needed too.
1shott doesn't realize that a vacation and rest is a way to lose all that stress and ache that work brings. A vacation ain't staying home and watching Dr, Phil, Oprah, or Jerry Springer either!!!!!
If he took several thousand dollars and visited a decent, caring whore house and stayed as long as the money lasted, he'd be a new man!
Hell, even watching Rat hump on a 350 lb fat girl would take some of the stress off of him!
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 3:07:10 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:
You know 1shott  the old men here have given you the facts and some great advice.....

OLD MEN????????

What do you mean old?
(just kidding! )
Here's an OLD MAN that is old in body but not in heart!

i8.photobucket.com/albums/a22/danc46/Dec1001.jpg

104 and about to be 105 this February 28. What I have learned first hand from him is that if the body goes, the mind will not be long after. The spirit/soul sometimes keeps a man functioning in both spectrums longer than it should.

The long hours and the stress involved in work will take a toll if rest or relief is not taken.
Old Bud worked hard, but he rested when tired, and played when he felt like it. And prayed to his "Great Master" when he needed too.
1shott doesn't realize that a vacation and rest is a way to lose all that stress and ache that work brings. A vacation ain't staying home and watching Dr, Phil, Oprah, or Jerry Springer either!!!!!
If he took several thousand dollars and visited a decent, caring whore house and stayed as long as the money lasted, he'd be a new man!
Hell, even watching Rat hump on a 350 lb fat girl would take some of the stress off of him!

I love that pic.  Huning season......beer...check....gun...check.....open field...check!

It doesn't get any better than that!
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 9:17:27 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
You know 1shott  the old men here have given you the facts and some great advice. .

old men hell, Dans the only old fucker on the board, I'm younger than 1shott by a couple of years, and I still got my hair, although its turning salt and pepper colored.
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 9:54:03 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
, .....Dans the only old fucker on the board,....

.....you asshole!
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 10:26:18 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 12:37:01 PM EDT
[#19]

Link Posted: 2/26/2007 5:39:19 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

.....you asshole!

He's young at heart........remember the diaper pic?

Link Posted: 2/26/2007 7:40:26 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

.....you asshole!

He's young at heart and full of shit........remember the diaper pic?

Link Posted: 2/27/2007 7:58:14 AM EDT
[#22]
i!i
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 11:57:15 AM EDT
[#23]
since this is 1shotts thread, I'd just like to say that since he's working two jobs and Rats stopped posting frequently,

it's a Goddamned good thing Dan stepped up to take up the grief we'da gave them.
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 12:51:53 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
since this is 1shotts thread, I'd just like to say that since he's working two jobs and Rats stopped posting frequently,

it's a Goddamned good thing Dan stepped up to take up the grief we'da gave them.

Dan is still pissed at me (won't respond to IM's or phone calls) so he's no fun to pick on even though he's a cool guy.  J.P.'s a prick, so I might go over to OSA and have some fun!
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 1:11:39 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Dan is still pissed at me (won't respond to IM's or phone calls) so he's no fun to pick on even though he's a cool guy.  J.P.'s a prick, so I might go over to OSA and have some fun!

hell yeah man, go and post his pics up overthere.
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 6:51:54 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

All the more money for damages once the papers are served and it hits the local courts!
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 7:07:42 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

All the more money for damages once the papers are served and it hits the local courts!

, Dan it'll be damn hard to get a ruling for damages, since you were already phsycologicaly divergent before PC ever posted a pic,

as for me, I'm always told I'm crazy, but I don't believe them.
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 7:32:41 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

, Dan it'll be damn hard to get a ruling for damages, since you were already phsycologicaly divergent before PC ever posted a pic,

Nope, damages are a proven fact. Remember that thread I put up about out-of-staters read ing the OK Hometown Forum.? All I needed was two or three to post and the damages became a sure thing and more substantial to boot.
Link Posted: 2/28/2007 4:04:53 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nope, damages are a proven fact. Remember that thread I put up about out-of-staters read ing the OK Hometown Forum.? All I needed was two or three to post and the damages became a sure thing and more substantial to boot.

Aw dan.........your ego is damaged more when you go shooting!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top