Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/15/2006 5:50:10 PM EDT
I was getting a battery today at the battery store, and there was a guy in there buying a battery for a red dot site.  I commented on it, and we started talking guns.  He  said he was the armorer for the Dept. of Homeland Security, which seemed reasonable due to his age and appearance.  

He started talking about his .300 Win mag. and how anyone who says they can shoot at anything more than 200 yards is full of crap due to the .300's ability to rise and fall at distances.
I just nodded my head and excused myself to leave after a while.

How in the hell can someone who works with guns in that capacity be so damn ignorant??

Link Posted: 4/15/2006 6:15:06 PM EDT
[#1]
WOW, I sure don't feel very Secure.
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 7:09:51 PM EDT
[#2]
<----------------------LOOK-----------------<<<
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 7:28:28 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
How in the hell can someone who works with guns in that capacity be so damn ignorant??

In case you haven't noticed, most law enforcement don't know jack about anything other than their own issued weapons. I once had an LEO ask me where the decocker was on my 1911.
That guy probably got that job because of seniority in government service! Not because of what he knew!
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 5:33:54 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

That was you I was talking to?  Wow, you changed color and got shorter!  That explains the thoughts on rifle ballistics too.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 8:19:42 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That was you I was talking to?  Wow, you changed color and got shorter!  That explains the thoughts on rifle ballistics too.

that was just to show you that I'm from the ORIGINAL Dept. of homeland security, that other dude was just an imposter wishing he was.

A Pre-Tindian so to speak.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 9:24:04 AM EDT
[#6]
I went in to Sportman ware house looking for a some 7.62 x39 for my sam 7 and verp k. The guy helping me said you need to sell them and buy a AR15 it a better gun. I ask him why I needed a more ar 15 cause I have 4. If that guy works for HS were all in deep S----.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 9:37:57 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I went in to Sportman ware house looking for a some 7.62 x39 for my sam 7 and verp k. The guy helping me said you need to sell them and buy a AR15 it a better gun. I ask him why I needed a more ar 15 cause I have 4. If that guy works for HS were all in deep S----.

Link Posted: 4/16/2006 10:58:16 AM EDT
[#8]
That guy does not know what he's talking about!  Almost anyone can shoot a plane out of the sky with a 300 win mag,  and if your really good you can take out satilites and shit.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 1:27:19 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
That guy does not know what he's talking about!  Almost anyone can shoot a plane out of the sky with a 300 win mag,  and if your really good you can take out satilites and shit.

Does that include bright flashing lights on microwave towers?

cause I know for a fact  cause I seen it happen that a 200gr speer hot core fired out of a 300 win mag at 2880fps will totaly ruin a big block chevy engine.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 1:30:34 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

cause I know for a fact  cause I seen it happen that a 200gr speer hot core fired out of a 300 win mag at 2880fps will totaly ruin a big block chevy engine.

Microwaves are pretty much obsolete and out dated since the late 90's. But yes a blind person could take out a flashing light on a tower from a mile or more away.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 2:04:12 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Microwaves are pretty much obsolete and out dated since the late 90's. But yes a blind person could take out a flashing light on a tower from a mile or more away.

Not like you have had any PRACTICE....recently.....
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 2:12:53 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Microwaves are pretty much obsolete and out dated since the late 90's. .

well Jeff they might be outta date, but mine still pops corn and heats hot pockets pretty well.,

and what would a blind person need a flashlight for, I'm sure they couldn't see a tower right in front of their face, much less one a mile away;

naw, just joking with you man, I'm really bored today.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 8:47:38 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 4:33:27 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
potato guns

Now those are cool.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top