Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/25/2006 9:06:30 PM EDT
im looking to get a few hundred rounds to try it out in my ar, before i go all out and buy a thousand rounds, anyone local have any they want to get rid of for cheap? or know where i can get some for cheap. thanks
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 9:33:28 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
im looking to get a few hundred rounds to try it out in my ar, before i go all out and buy a thousand rounds, anyone local have any they want to get rid of for cheap? or know where i can get some for cheap. thanks

I hear its kinda crappy unless you want to hand pick through it and even then its ok for plinking at best.  But I have never tried it.  I figure anything that is reject of the reject must have shitty QC anyway so I just stay away from it.  I would rather shoot wolf then the PD stuff anyday
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 10:51:42 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I hear its kinda crappy unless you want to hand pick through it and even then its ok for plinking at best.  But I have never tried it.  I figure anything that is reject of the reject must have shitty QC anyway so I just stay away from it.  I would rather shoot wolf then the PD stuff anyday

ive seen some and it looked ok to me but i have never tried any in my rifle, thats why i want to try some, i guess ill end up buying a thousand rounds to try it out. i dont like wolf, only because it makes my rifle so dirty.  i also heard that they always throw about 30 or 40 rounds more anyways for the ones you throw away.  fromthe stuff ive seen it all looked good to me, only a few had very minor dents, i just want to see how it handles in my gun. im not worried about the quality issue. its not that great of risk to me. ive heard more horror storys with wolf  than with the pd stuff, but i take everything i hear with a grain of salt thats why i dont worry about the scare tactics.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 10:59:51 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

ive seen some and it looked ok to me but i have never tried any in my rifle, thats why i want to try some, i guess ill end up buying a thousand rounds to try it out. i dont like wolf, only because it makes my rifle so dirty.  i also heard that they always throw about 30 or 40 rounds more anyways for the ones you throw away.  fromthe stuff ive seen it all looked good to me, only a few had very minor dents, i just want to see how it handles in my gun. im not worried about the quality issue. its not that great of risk to me. ive heard more horror storys with wolf  than with the pd stuff, but i take everything i hear with a grain of salt thats why i dont worry about the scare tactics.

The grain of salt is good.  I personally have had better exp with the NEW wolf then any other cheap plinking ammo.  + its cheraper.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 11:29:16 PM EDT
[#4]
i havnt found any of the new wolf that is cheaper than the xm855pd, all that serbian wolf is high dollar!  the armory has the pd stuff delievered for 196 bucks
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 12:18:28 AM EDT
[#5]
I've bought 3000 rds from Natchez, shot around 300 rds of it. It's worked fine and looks good.
I've dug into all three boxes of the ammo and not found a cull yet. I have found one or two that had some slight dings in shoulders but not anything that would prevent it from shooting!
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 1:26:35 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I've bought 3000 rds from Natchez, shot around 300 rds of it. It's worked fine and looks good.
I've dug into all three boxes of the ammo and not found a cull yet. I have found one or two that had some slight dings in shoulders but not anything that would prevent it from shooting!

when did you buy it? what years on the headstamp?
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 2:03:35 AM EDT
[#7]
wolf ammo

wolf ammo for $109 + S&H for steel case and $209 for the wolf xm193 brass cased.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 7:01:58 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
when did you buy it? what years on the headstamp?

Sicne the first of the year. Headstamps are 2000, 2001.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 8:59:54 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
wolf ammo

wolf ammo for $109 + S&H for steel case and $209 for the wolf xm193 brass cased.

Have you ordered from them before N? Is their stuff actually in stock?
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 9:32:46 AM EDT
[#10]
Has anyone shot the Wolf Brass XM193 yet?
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 10:21:24 AM EDT
[#11]
I haven't but I haven't considered it since I saw the price. It seemed to me like WWB from Wallyworld was cheaper.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 5:23:17 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:
wolf ammo

Have you ordered from them before N? Is their stuff actually in stock?

I havn't ordered any lately, but I've bought a shit load of steel cased from them in the past three years and it's always been delivered in the same week, call them when you order and ask about S&H, if you order enough they'll give you a slight break on shipping.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 8:01:38 PM EDT
[#13]
The Wolf brass cased ammo is manufactured by Prvi Partizan, this is supposed to be first class ammo, much better quality than M193.

www.prvipartizan.com/index.htm
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 12:50:25 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
The Wolf brass cased ammo is manufactured by Prvi Partizan, this is supposed to be first class ammo, much better quality than M193.

i know all about this ammo, been reading all the hype for the past 4 months. im not too excited about it. too many people here fall for the hype.  

so to get back on topic which is xm855pd, i found a good deal online for 140 rounds. thanks for all the replys.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 3:20:46 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

I'd like to see what the actual fps is when crono'd in a 16" and 20" AR, reminds that I need to get new screens for mine.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top