Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/11/2006 6:24:32 PM EDT
I saw some pics on GT of an AR that was camo'd with the Krylon camo series.  It looked really good.  I'm sure if I tried it myself that I would fucker up a rifle.

Has anybody done this to their complete rifle or just the furniture?  I would consider doing just the furniture on my own.

Anyone have pics to show?
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 7:35:00 PM EDT
[#1]
I have looked into it and studdied up on camoing some guns and such but havent done it yet.  I would not use krylon paint myself,  and the prep work is the secret to it turning out good.   There are several options out there that are even though more exp then krylon but will still be easy and much more efective
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 10:31:58 PM EDT
[#2]
I'd paint some of my rifles up, but if I ever tripped and fell in the woods I'd never be able to find it again.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 6:17:51 PM EDT
[#3]
I've used AlumaHyde II on several AK builds and I think it comes out OK. I haven't tried camo paint on any rifles but I'm thinking about doing a Mini14.
Ndenway, have you thought about substituting flourescent orange for brown or green in camoflauging your next rifle? Youwouldn't lose it that way!
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 6:33:34 PM EDT
[#4]
depends on what you want it to do in my opinion and how durable you want it to be ........ i used krylon about 15 yrs ago on a mini if you use it IE take it in the woods it's gonna get scratched up pretty fast...... if you want durability moly resin (what i'm using now) or dura coat are the only way to go  for do it yourself ....................  i chose moly resin cause it's simpler and faster to mess with ...
..... and i wasn't wanting to do some store bought fancy camo job ...... i just wanted camo rifles that were pretty durable....  
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 11:37:56 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I've used AlumaHyde II on several AK builds and I think it comes out OK. I haven't tried camo paint on any rifles but I'm thinking about doing a Mini14.
Ndenway, have you thought about substituting flourescent orange for brown or green in camoflauging your next rifle? Youwouldn't lose it that way!

oh yeah Dan, paint it flourescent where all the people that hate me can see it for miles around and shoot me in the woods and claim it was a hunting accident, I'm on to you and see where this is going.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 6:03:56 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
oh yeah Dan, paint it flourescent where all the people that hate me can see it for miles around and shoot me in the woods and claim it was a hunting accident, I'm on to you and see where this is going.

Well if that is out, how about a string tied to your wrist with the other end tied to a sling swivel pn the rifle?
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 11:53:06 AM EDT
[#7]
eh....I'll just leave them plain, I already look like I fell off the short bus with my shoes on the wrong feet.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 12:21:52 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
eh....I'll just leave them plain, I already look like I fell off the short bus with my shoes on the wrong feet.

Yeah, but you're still a hell of a man!
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 3:13:52 PM EDT
[#9]
the epoxy spray paint from brownells is the shitz..my man.

i have painted a few guns with and it rocks.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 5:28:26 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
the epoxy spray paint from brownells is the shitz..my man.

i have painted a few guns with and it rocks.

Alumahyde II is pretty good stuff!
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 9:37:27 PM EDT
[#11]
thats it..

i bought 6 cans..i've done rifles..shotguns..bows..
it takes a licking..

degreasing is the key.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top