Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/10/2006 2:13:26 PM EDT
Guys I am loking into getting a inground storm shelter, ventilated, concrete, with steel steps, NOT A LADDER.  Needs to be FEMA approved.

Anyone have one  and who did you get it from.

Thanks.

update I am getting a storm shelter. I called the number that brassjunkie gave me, got a price of $2000 installed, he is stopping by tomorrow afternoon to look over my place, and so I can can show him where I want the shelter, then hopefully things will dry out enough by Friday and he can install it.

Link Posted: 3/10/2006 3:46:19 PM EDT
[#1]
My Aunt and Uncle just got one! I will get a hold of them and find out where they got it at and let you know.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 4:30:36 PM EDT
[#2]
1shott - I had my patio removed and put in a 8x12 foot basement with concrete steps, 6'6" tall, with patio above. Too expensive. Go to one of the septic tank installers, they have a unit that can be installed for less than $2000. It comes in two pieces, bottom and top, cemented together, sticking slightl;y above ground. That is the way I would go if I had it to do again!
Call me if you need some help, bro!
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 4:35:44 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Go to one of the septic tank installers, they have a unit that can be installed for less than $2000. It comes in two pieces, bottom and top, cemented together, sticking slightl;y above ground. That is the way I would go if I had it to do again!

Thats what I am talking about.

Link Posted: 3/10/2006 6:07:45 PM EDT
[#4]
thats the kind my parents got 1shott, my mom got it through some elderly program, but the dude installing it said it was worth $3200 bucks, they use it for a root cellar since there hasn't ever been a tornado come through this area.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 6:18:37 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Go to one of the septic tank installers, they have a unit that can be installed for less than $2000. It comes in two pieces, bottom and top, cemented together, sticking slightl;y above ground. That is the way I would go if I had it to do again!

That is the one they have! IM sent with the info. It was under $2000
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 7:28:16 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That is the one they have! IM sent with the info. It was under $2000

Got the IM, thanks, Will call them.  
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 7:33:38 PM EDT
[#7]
All you need is a helmet and a chain to chain yourself to the plumbing
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 10:30:45 PM EDT
[#8]
you guys are way to scairt about tornados, damn its like I'm talking to a bunch of women sometimes
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 3:14:55 AM EDT
[#9]
Ndenway, I had mine stocked with beer, a TV, and a microwave. Matt and his buddies would sneak down there, play poker, and drink my beer! And make popcorn with the microwave. Once when I chewed on him for drinking my beer, he told me I was lucky there was any left. He told me I needed a large screen TV down there so they could watch football a little better!
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 6:03:38 AM EDT
[#10]
I was going to use my parents shelter for a wine cellar, but I was drinking it faster than I could afford to buy more, but at least they keep a shit load of canned goods and juice's stored in it.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 5:10:43 PM EDT
[#11]
BTT for update.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 7:38:29 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
you guys are way to scairt about tornados, damn its like I'm talking to a bunch of women sometimes

no shit,  your way more likely to shoot yourself with a glock, get killed on a motor cycle, a plane crash, struck by lightning, or even win the lotto then ever killed by a tornado.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 7:50:25 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I was going to use my parents shelter for a wine cellar, but I was drinking it faster than I could afford to buy more, but at least they keep a shit load of canned goods and juice's stored in it.

ROFLMAO!
Every time we had to go to the cellar we would take all the beer and liquor in the house with us.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 7:52:06 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

ROFLMAO!
Every time we had to go to the cellar we would take all the beer and liquor in the house with us.

Hah,  I would take enough to stay tanked up but always worried more about getting my to big ass stupid dogs in there then anything
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 7:58:29 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Hell, I had a large futon, blankets, chair and tables, insulated the roof so it would'nt sound like a cavern. I almost put a 27" TV in there but my wife stopped that pretty quick. I wanted to get a porta potty and put down there for her but she also stopped that.
The boys would climb up out of the cellar and piss my beer out at the side of the house. I use to like Corona and Dos Equis but the damn boys got a liking to it also so I couldn't keep any in the cellar refrigerator. They did have a good time down there playing cards and telling BS stories, even up to the last few months we had that house. One morning around 2:00 AM,  I got up to go get some coffee. There were 3 vehicles in the front of my house. Matt wasn't in his room, so I walked around to the side and back of the house, and there they were - playing poker and drinking the last of my Coronas!
Brother L, remember that little black refrigerator I had on top of the freezer? That was my beer cooler then. Now the damn boys keep it in Keystone or Budweiser, which ain't too bad. But it ain't as good as Corona!
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 8:03:58 PM EDT
[#16]
We had an old record player and a bunch of vinyl records down there.
We'd get drunk and listen to the records unless the power went out then we would fire up the old shortwave and cartoon on the jap channels.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 10:17:55 PM EDT
[#17]
man I don't have to have my beer refridgerated, I guess I'm old school, I can drink it ice cold if I have it, or at room temp if I don't, pretty cool how when I run outta ice and the beers in the box, people come up and bum one, and then bitch about it being warm, they usally don't ask for another,

I like nearly all kinds of beer, but if I'm buying I'm usally buy bud or natural lite these days, I quit drinking corona after my last incursion into mexico, we were in this place eating and drinking, and I go out back to take a leak, well you had to go through the kitchen to get to the piss tube they out back, well setting on this big asses burner was a horse trough full of semi warm water and it had all kinds of beer bottles floating in it, I don't pay it no mind on my way out back, but when I came back in, the waitress was fishing a couple of bottles out, she dried them off a bit, then filled them from the tap and took them out and served them, I ain't drank corona since,

do like tecate though, and fosters in the oil can, I try to stay away from shinnerbock and keystone and the chick beers like coors light, but I don't turn one down if offered, that'd just be rude, beside if I did, they probably wouldn't ever offer me another when I was actually wanting one,

what I'd like to do since we're talking about storm shelter/bunkers, is put enough beer and boooze down there to make a bed outta, that way if a nuke ever hit, I'd know I could come back out when I drank my bed up.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top