Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/23/2006 2:33:18 PM EDT
Anyone own one of these knives??  I let a few fixed blades slip buy and now I'm gonna look at the folders the next time I'm in OKC.

If you own one, give me a rating compared to other custom knives.

Thanks, Dave
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 7:37:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Dave, who carries those Airkat knives? I don't reckon I've ever seen one!
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 7:52:22 PM EDT
[#2]
I have one and it's the baddest knife on the planet.  Dwayne is a cool dude too.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 2:03:03 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I have one and it's the baddest knife on the planet.  Dwayne is a cool dude too.

How do you know that it is "the baddest knife?" You need to give that knife and let me carry for a couple of years to know for sure!
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 8:41:16 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
How do you know that it is "the baddest knife?"

Because I killed my first Bigfoot with it.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 1:50:15 PM EDT
[#5]
A couple of years ago in Outdoor America,  I saw a few fixed blade AIRKATS and thought they had a slick design.  Over time they didn't have the fixed handles and I'll be in OKC in March.  Sooooo, I go check out the folders or go to Dwayne's shop an look at a few.

From what I got to see, they are a sturdy knife.  The cost follows the custom part.

Dave
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 4:04:26 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
How do you know that it is "the baddest knife?"

Because I killed my first Bigfoot with it.

Did you use it to skin it too?
ACman - here's your proof!!!!1
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 4:31:27 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
A couple of years ago in Outdoor America,  I saw a few fixed blade AIRKATS and thought they had a slick design.  Over time they didn't have the fixed handles and I'll be in OKC in March.  Sooooo, I go check out the folders or go to Dwayne's shop an look at a few.

From what I got to see, they are a sturdy knife.  The cost follows the custom part.

Dave

They haven't had any in stock for a while.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 6:33:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Its been awhile since I've been in OA.  Before I come back to OKC&Chandler, I'll call Dwayne and see if he lets people into his shop.  I'll ask him if[he has a retail shop.

Thanks for the info.               Dave
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 9:00:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Dwayne does not have a "retail shop" and I don't think he let's people over to his house.  Gun World in Del City had some a while back but I never go in there so I don't know if they still do.  They were WAY expensive though.  He has a website with lots of good pics.  www.airkatknives.com
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 9:10:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Thanks Josh, you mentioned you had an AIRKAT folder.  Which model and what type of metal?

Dave                       (Do you carry it or display it........your knife, that is)
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 9:15:00 AM EDT
[#11]
Mine is an earlier model.  You won't find it on the website or in any of the stores that sell his knives.  Carry it?!?!?!  No way it just sits in the safe and looks pretty.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top