Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/22/2006 4:46:48 PM EDT
Now gang this really chaps me,

The state of Oklahoma decided to toss ua  bone and refund a small amount of the tax we paid in 2005, most Oklahomans got a check for wither $90 or$45.

I have not recieved a check YET, should have in a week or so. due to mix up at the PO about my address.

Now I find out that if you recived a check in 2005 you have to declare it as OTHER INCOME on your Federal tax form, WTF?

This was money that TAX was allready paid on and now the .gov wants to tax it again.

I do not agree with that at all.

I beleive it is WRONG.

The tax code really needs to be changed.

Link Posted: 2/22/2006 5:02:55 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Now gang this really chaps me,

The state of Oklahoma decided to toss ua  bone and refund a small amount of the tax we paid in 2005, most Oklahomans got a check for wither $90 or$45.

I have not recieved a check YET, should have in a week or so. due to mix up at the PO about my address.

Now I find out that if you recived a check in 2005 you have to declare it as OTHER INCOME on your Federal tax form, WTF?

This was money that TAX was allready paid on and now the .gov wants to tax it again.

I do not agree with that at all.

I beleive it is WRONG.

The tax code really needs to be changed.

I have the solution for you, 1shott! Sign the check, send it to me. I'll claim it on MY income tax and you won't to have to let the government screw you like that!
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 5:04:36 PM EDT
[#2]
I been thinking of going all "randy weaver" on the system and disapearing into the wilderness a la  ted kasenski........................na 1shott, as much as I hate paying taxes, I think I'd hate going to club fed even worse, think of it this way....................this is your asshole "o" paying taxes, now this is your asshole not paying taxes and your third night in prison "0".
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 5:10:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Oh I pay them, I dont like it, and I do complain about it, but I still pay.

and since I will not see the check until this year, 2006, I dont have to claim it until I file in 2007.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 5:23:37 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a MUCH better idea than Dans....sign it over to me and use it as a charity or gift, that way you'll get a tax credit and you'll have that way feeling *pat yourself on the back as well* of giving to those less fortunate and it'll feel like Christmas again to you cause its better to give than receive. You might even still have my mailing address....I'll be looking for it around saturday-ish.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 6:21:31 PM EDT
[#5]
What check?  I didnt get a check.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 6:27:01 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

they don't give returns to the richest person in a tri county area
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 6:44:34 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

they don't give returns to the richest person in a tri county area

Huh? tri county where?
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 6:57:57 PM EDT
[#8]
man I been paying taxes since I was 15, everytime I hear some hickory nut talking bout how Indians don't have to pay taxes and get free schooling and housing, makes me want to bitch slap some sence into them, I must be the wrong type of indian, cause I've never been able to get anything, I've always been told I make too much money or that I have alternate resourses.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 7:01:44 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
man I been paying taxes since I was 15, everytime I hear some hickory nut talking bout how Indians don't have to pay taxes and get free schooling and housing, makes me want to bitch slap some sence into them, I must be the wrong type of indian, cause I've never been able to get anything, I've always been told I make too much money or that I have alternate resourses.

Jeeez, sounds like my parents when my bro was goin to college tryin to get some help...anything....nope, yer parents make a little too much money...F YOU! Work n pay for it yourself.....psh...fawkin las on that crap!!
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 7:11:48 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Jeeez, sounds like my parents when my bro was goin to college tryin to get some help...anything....nope, yer parents make a little too much money...F YOU! Work n pay for it yourself.....psh...fawkin las on that crap!!

man it isn't just the guidelines, I'm just in the wrong family, I know of others that got full funding to go to school and fucked it off, and they get a new house every 8 to 10 years, while people like my parents (on the list for 40 years) and extended family can't get anything, its a politics game in tribal government, if the right people get in this next time up, I might be able to get some things done.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 7:21:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Thats a bunch of b/s man! Damn rules the Gov came up with...however they came up withem.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 7:41:03 PM EDT
[#12]
fuck "The Man"!
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 7:45:19 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
fuck "The Man"  G!

Let me fix that for you, since some voice concern over all the "brokeback" connatations, guess they got tired of Rat and Dan trying to "stick it to the man"
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 9:28:29 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:
fuck "The Man"  G!

Let me fix that for you, since some voice concern over all the "brokeback" connatations, guess they got tired of Rat and Dan trying to "stick it to the man"

Somehow I dont think Rat will ever get tired of "STICKING IT TO A MAN".....
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 9:54:14 PM EDT
[#15]
You guys lay off poor Rat!
He belongs to ACman!
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 9:56:54 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
fuck "The Man"  G!

Somehow I dont think Rat will ever get tired of "STICKING IT TO DAN".....

1shott, I had to get in there and correct that before one of the comedians on this site did it!
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 4:58:23 PM EDT
[#17]
We need to be careful about talking about the G-Man. Sister may be keeping an eye on those kind of remarks,ha. I always thought the CIA was watching me, now I know its true.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 5:52:51 PM EDT
[#18]
mmmHmm. I figured out what's really bugging you guys. I'm a smart, articulate woman who's interested in not being a victim...so, of course, I couldn't be real. Right?

Damn Okie hillbillies.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 6:00:22 PM EDT
[#19]
hey.........I'm an Indian, not a hickory nut.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 6:40:22 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
mmmHmm. I figured out what's really bugging you guys. I'm a smart, articulate woman who's interested in not being a victim...so, of course, I couldn't be real. Right?

Damn Okie hillbillies.

Glad to hear it & good for you. More women need to be just like you. I'm not paranoid. I just don't trust anyone.  

Edited to add: Maybe I am paranoid.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 8:23:51 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 8:59:57 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Who do I call if I didn't get the check?

sister? posted a link in here somewhere in here, think it was like OK.gov something another
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 10:12:41 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 10:16:26 AM EDT
[#24]
You're a cool gal, Sis!
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 10:35:21 AM EDT
[#25]
tolja I thought it was sister
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 11:31:56 AM EDT
[#26]
Suck-ups.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top