Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/21/2006 5:21:44 AM EDT
Everyone seems pretty unhappy with Bass Pro and Outdoor America. Lack of service to poor selection of items.
I'll tell everyone that Outdoor Outfitters is turning into a good shop and is oriented to the customer. Ask for Mike Brown, the owner, tell what you think he needs in his shop and why if he doesn't stock it. He' ll listen and will act on the suggestions of customers if heard enough times.
Jim Fitzpatrick was building up the reloading section, making it one of the best in the area as far as selection and prices, Mike Brown is committed to that goal also.
My son works at Bass Pro and we have still purchased a firearm at Outdoor Outfitters - an NEF muzzle loader. WEe ordered the gun on a Wednesday and picked it up on a Friday.
I like the shop and recommend it. If they don't have what you want as far in a firearm, ask them to order it for you!
Outdoor Outfitters is on the NW corner of NW 39th and Portland.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 6:29:49 AM EDT
[#1]
IIRC they are also a PSE pro shop. Need to get my bow up there for axle replacement, new strings and PSE vibration dampeners....
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 1:32:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Haven't been there in a coupla years, but it was a pretty nice shop back then.

Glad to hear it's heading in the right direction.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 2:30:13 PM EDT
[#3]
I'll go by there in the next few days and talk to Mike. I'll see if I can swing a Oklahoma Hometown AR15.com discount for the crew here.
He may or may not go for it, but I'll try anwyay!
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 5:43:26 PM EDT
[#4]
I love them. They ordered the dog boots I like!!!
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 3:51:55 AM EDT
[#5]
When I lived in Lawton, I'd try to make it there every trip to OKC.  Seems like there is always something else I need, ha.  Oh and regarding the NEF ML let us know how it  shoots, I've got two complete NEF's,.223 & 30-30. Considered getting the ML but my wife decided to get me a Savage mod. 10. There is a woman with a heart as big as Alaska.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 2:39:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Went into to talk to them this afternoon. MB wasn't there and the store manager Ann is gone for the week on a buying spree.
I gave them my number to give to Ann. If we have enough response, we might be able to get a small discount on goods from Outdoor Outfiitters for the AR15.com OK Hometown participants.
Jim F. is in the store Mondays and Tuesdays. One of the sharpest people you'll ever know about rifles. He pretty much set up the reloading department. If I've got a list of powders, primers, brass, bullets, etc that a lot of ghys here will use, I'll see that they get it in stock.
What I need is a list of stuff you can't find in other stores, what you would buy in quantity, etc.
So let me know in this thread so they can see it first hand! Hell, let's use our buying power for our benefit!
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 3:59:36 PM EDT
[#7]
I've never been there.  I guess I'll make a trip there Saturday.

Good deal on fleece lined jeans. (I'd buy at least 6 pairs.)
I'd buy a quality pair of pac boots with no camo on them.
I'd buy freeze dried food there.  Mountain House brand.
I'd also buy a LOT of reduced recoil 00 buck and slugs.  My 870 has a healthy appetite.
New production AR mags........at a good price.  $10-12 each is good to me.  Even up to $13.
I'd buy lots of .223/5.56 if we could get an ar15.com Ok forum discount.  (Wolf, Fed, Win, etc.)

Also looks like I'll be the new owner of an M1 Garand here before too long.  I've got my order form filled out for the CMP and I'll be sending it off soon.  So Garand parts/ammo would be well bought.

Readin the thread on how much ammo people have gave me little guy syndrome.  I only have 7000 rounds here at the house.  

ETA: Stuff to the shopping list.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 4:06:32 PM EDT
[#8]
bout all I need is wolf ammo, I don't know if they'd be able to compete with what sportsmans warehouse charges for powder,primers and bullets, I'd still look in there and buy what I couldn't get anywhere else though.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 4:10:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Uber tactical clothing for us wieght challenged folk....

.223 ammo in bulk......

FREE Silencers and FA......
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 4:28:00 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

.223 ammo in bulk......

let me translate for 1shott............

Uber tactical clothing for us wieght challenged folk

Thats for us Fat Assed dudes

.223 ammo in bulk......

Thats as in more than a few cases and of different variety of 223, and other calibers

FREE Silencers and FA......[

As in........he fucking dreaming
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 5:46:02 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

.223 ammo in bulk......

.223 ammo in bulk...... wolf prefereably

Thats as in more than a few cases and of different variety of 223, and other calibers

I added a little something you left out.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 7:18:45 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

.223 ammo in bulk......

.223 ammo in bulk...... wolf prefereably

I added a little something you left out.

I covered that in the above deffinition.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 7:32:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Kindof....you didn't specify though,
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 7:36:08 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

yeah your right, I made the assumtion you were aware that they made other kinds of ammo than wolf
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 7:48:16 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

yeah your right, I made the assumtion you were aware that they made other kinds of ammo than wolf

well there's Wolf, Norinco and my dads reloads.....
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 8:04:33 PM EDT
[#16]
around my place its wolf, and my reloads, and either remmy or winny for the 12ga and 22lr ammo, others when I'm feeling cheap.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 8:21:15 PM EDT
[#17]

Thats for us Fat Assed dudes  That's gravity challenged!

Link Posted: 2/22/2006 10:04:31 PM EDT
[#18]
Hmm, a new market  brand may be on the horizon!

"Fat Boy Cammies"
Fits from XXX Fat to Barn Size!

Link Posted: 2/22/2006 11:00:32 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Hmm, a new market  brand may be on the horizon!

"Fat Boy Cammies"
Fits from XXX Fat to Barn Size!

yeah I just head over to Sams big and fat store in cowtown when I need pants and stuff, bought some BDUs over there for $18 and their still holding up pretty good.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top