Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/12/2006 10:31:59 AM EDT
Stay away from the I-40/Meridan exit area,

Details later, I just got in and am still pissed.....

Link Posted: 2/12/2006 10:47:26 AM EDT
[#1]
yeah, theres construction still going on up there, and wrecks out the ass every day.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 10:48:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Hope all is well.

Let's get some details.  I'm supposed to be there in 15 minutes.  
Should I go up Meridian from Airport RD, or get off 40 early and go down Reno, or what??
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 11:20:25 AM EDT
[#3]
OK heres the deal,

I knew that some work was being done, BUT did not know things traffic wise have gotten worse.

I spent an hour on I-40 east of the 1-40/I-35 exchange trying to get to Meridian exit.

There was 4 lanes of traffic trying to merge inot 1 lane, and cops out the ass WRITING FRIGGEN TICKETTS.

I saw 16 cars get ticketts in front of Berringers Furniture, they had all turned off of I-40 and onto the lane that is used to Merge onto I-40. I know they were going the wrong the way, BUT I beleive they may have been directed there.
While I was stopped in traffic, I rolled my window down and heard a OHP trooper order every driver out thier cars, he was behind them and there was a OKC PD car in front of all of them, writing ticketts also.

I heard one driver say, Hey, we were directed down here, you can give me a tickett, well he got one.,

I also saw OHP give ticketts to anyone who tried to EXIT at Meridian, EVEN THOUGH there was nothing wrong with the road, the OHP and OKC PD were driving all over the 3 lanes they had closed, anyone who crossed a cone was getting ticketts.

I drove from Meridian to McArthur and could see no reason why the lanes were closed.

For the lanes trying to merge, there was NO ONE DIRECTING TRAFFIC, everything was at a stand still.

An hour, a friggen hour in that damn mess.

Bullshit, complete and udder bullshit.

This was nothing more than a money maker for the state and OKC.

But on the good side, H&H looks GREAT, even spent some money in there today...
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 3:39:28 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Nothing surprises me! You are probably right!
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 3:44:39 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nothing surprises me! You are probably right!

It was, there was no reason why those other lanse were closed, the OHP and OKC PD were driving all over them

The same goes for the Meridian exit, it should have been open.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 6:25:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Sounds like a check point to me.  
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 6:47:14 PM EDT
[#7]
I don't know if it has anything to do with it or not but a killer escaped from durant yesterday sometime....... they have checkpoints set up everywher around here stoping vehicles and searching them..........
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 12:47:22 PM EDT
[#8]
The friggin' cops can't get a fair break over here can they?
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 3:05:56 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

not unless they can prove their not assholes or whiners.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 4:38:43 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Sure they can, I just think the way the whole situation was handled was screwed up.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 6:43:54 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sure they can, I just think the way the whole situation was handled was screwed up.

The "friggin' cops" were probably doing what they were told to do by their bosses
. Make some revenue for the city!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top