RRA LPK
CMT upper
CMT bolt
Bushmaster 14.5in M4 (perm phantom)
VLTOR modstock
VLTOR CASV-ELT
A.R.M.S. 40std
Tango Down battle grip

The front vertical grip has been ordered, but not delivered yet.  Still need to decide which aimpoint to go with.  Might look for a flashlight as well.

I'm going to try it out tonight or tomorrow.  I hope it runs, it's the first one I put together on my own.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 4:09:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Great looking AR. Be sure not to forget your hearing protection. Update us on how it shoots.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 5:05:02 PM EDT
[#2]
very nice, but will it dump 10 mags of wolf without a hicup?

you'll have to bring it along to the next shoot.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 5:29:53 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
very nice, but will it dump 10 mags of wolf without a hicup?
One way to find out!

you'll have to bring it along to the next shoot.
When is the next shoot?  I'd like to go to the next one.

Link Posted: 2/11/2006 5:33:44 PM EDT
[#4]
its gotta warm up some before the next shoot, plus acman got his camp out deal coming round soon, some sort of male bonding thing, thats why he posted the Who eats calf fries thread.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 6:51:05 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
img157.imageshack.us/img157/6900/dsc010061jz.jpg

RRA lower
RRA LPK
CMT upper
CMT bolt
Bushmaster 14.5in M4 (perm phantom)
VLTOR modstock
VLTOR CASV-ELT
A.R.M.S. 40std
Tango Down battle grip

The front vertical grip has been ordered, but not delivered yet.  Still need to decide which aimpoint to go with.  Might look for a flashlight as well.

I'm going to try it out tonight or tomorrow.  I hope it runs, it's the first one I put together on my own.

holy shit batman he's got more shit on his rifle than I do......(maybe not i have a light)

the only thing i'll say is while fun to mess around with and great if you need a light all that stuff gets heavy when you add it up..... dont get me wrong I like/love my "decorated" ar but in the woods
I like the lightweight bare bones carbine.....

so basically what i'm saying is your off to a fine start but you need to get busy building another one right away   you can never have to many or enough .......... that go's for ammo and mags too ........

oh yea sling you need a sling.....

Ndenway
its gotta warm up some before the next shoot, plus acman got his camp out deal coming round soon, some sort of male bonding thing, thats why he posted the Who eats calf fries thread.

yep campout's coming up shameless plug
your welcome to go too drbaker .......

they calfrie thread was just to call out the ghe ys

Link Posted: 2/12/2006 2:12:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Just got back from the range.  It ran perfectly.

1 box PMC
1 box XM193
2 boxes WWB
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 3:35:20 PM EDT
[#7]
nice!  I am looking forward to doing a build when I get back to the states!
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 5:02:17 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

1 box PMC
1 box XM193
2 boxes WWB

That amount of ammo is only appetizers for some of these guys when they go to Lexington!
The question is how accurate is it?
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 5:12:15 PM EDT
[#9]
It was just a quick trip to make sure it would run.  I'm looking forward to trying it outdoors with a healthy supply of ammo.

Accuracy??  It's far more accurate than I am, but that's not really saying much.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 5:51:45 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

1 box PMC
1 box XM193
2 boxes WWB

80 rounds, you didn't even wear the finish offa the bolt with that, a true test of functionabity involves a case of Wolf at a time with no cleanings, cause as common knowledge dictates, everyone knows if it will run on wolf and not malfunction, it will run on anything.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 2:30:50 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

1 box PMC
1 box XM193
2 boxes WWB

That amount of ammo is only appetizers for some of these guys when they go to Lexington!

I have 1000 rounds of 5.45x39 AK74 ammo coming along with 500ish rounds of 5.56 AR ammo coming.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 3:18:57 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

I have 1000 rounds of 5.45x39 AK74 ammo coming along with 500ish rounds of 5.56 AR ammo coming.

Is that an offer!!!??!!!

Think of my poor starving AR.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 3:20:22 PM EDT
[#13]
I still haven't gotten my FVG.

I was expecting last Friday.  Oddly enough, there wasn't anything in the mailbox that day.  Not even those stupid CC offers.

Maybe the mailman is enjoying his new desert tan front grip.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 3:25:24 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

1 box PMC
1 box XM193
2 boxes WWB

have you got that plum finished yet?
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 3:38:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Let me borrow it, I will show you how to dump mags of ammo through that rifle.....
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 3:42:07 PM EDT
[#16]
I'm thinking doc B needs to bring two cases of wolf to the next shoot and let all of us do mag dumps to break it in proper.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 4:32:11 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I'm thinking doc B needs to bring two cases of wolf to the next shoot and let all of us do mag dumps to break it in proper.

That's awfully nice of you to offer to break it in for me.   What more could I ask for?
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 5:07:48 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's awfully nice of you to offer to break it in for me.   What more could I ask for?

well Doc, you could ask for more, but being the upstanding citizen you are, we know that you'll show the proper restraint required of a gentleman that our upstanding community standards demand, besides if you ask for more around here, your more than likly to get something totaly different than what you've expected, from the person you least expected it from, say for example, should you ask for a sharp stick in the eye from 1shott, it would be Rat whom would deliver your stick, brokeback style, then bite your ankles as your writhing in pain, cause thats just how he is, then patrickcudd would step in from the dark with something totaly off the wall and invite the rest of us along for the ride, and being the wolves we are, would join in as soon as we smelled blood, then we'd all have a good laugh and make fun of Rat, cause thats just the way we are.

so......yep, its sometimes best not to ask for more around these guys

by the way thats a nice rifle, one of these days when I grow up, I'm gonna get one just like it
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 5:56:20 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

1 box PMC
1 box XM193
2 boxes WWB

have you got that plum finished yet?

Negative....been too busy working on my 4 wheeler.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 5:58:40 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted: have you got that plum finished yet?

I asked my brother about it and this is what he said....

"OK so you need to know about your kit?  That is a Bulgarian kit.  Rumor has
it the Bulgarians bought directly from the Russians, so the plum furniture
is most likely Russian in origin.  The Bulgys have a circle-10 or circle-21
on the trunion, that's how you identify which factory built the gun."
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 5:59:26 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Is that an offer!!!??!!!

Think of my poor starving AR.

No....but you can watch me shoot it through my starving children! hahaha
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top