Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/10/2006 4:37:23 PM EDT
Old Bud has pneumonia, I thought we might lose him last night, but he is actually doing better today. Feb 28 he will be 104. He called me "turdhead" when I walked in his room this afternoon. The people in the nursing home are taking excellent care of him!
I've been hanging around Crescent all day, worried about the old man. He is one hell of a good deer hunting partner!
Coyotes are actually running up to a friends back door, causing her mutt to raise hell. So we have been baiting them with a dead calf. My parter, Steve nailed one at 240 yds running with a 30/06. I told him to wait awhile before he went back to the barn - to let the swelling in his head go down so he could get in through the sliding doors! It's the second one in two days he has nailed.
My son, Matt, has set up there Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday, and never got a coyote into the calls. He is one pissed off hunter!
Stever has a Ford 3000 tractor in really good shape, 1970 vintage, that had never had the points, rotor cap, distributor cap, spark plugs or wires changes. I had to show him how to set the points, he told me he thought they were preset. It's running like  a champ now!
So in my staying close to the nursing home, I called my wine making buddy, Frankie. He had a small buffalo hanging in his yard. It was a 1000 lb to 1100 lb cow from north of Edmond. They already have it skinned and are in the process of quartering it up. If I had gone over there, I'd been in deep trouble snorting sand plum wine! I sure wanted too!
Anyway, if any of you boys out there, pray, say one for Old Bud!
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 5:35:00 PM EDT
[#1]
You got it!
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 8:00:51 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
You got it!

Prayer works miracles! Thanks, CS!
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 6:58:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Got it.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 2:49:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Prayer does work. Wednesday night or Thursday morning, I thought Old Bud would be gone.
He is doing so much better today even the people who work at the nursing home are absolutely amazed! He is still weak, but coherent and almost as ornery as he normally is. He raised his fist to me after I threatened to whip him and said "This is old but it's still good!"
Thanks for your prayers!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top