Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/8/2006 2:20:04 PM EDT
I just got off work yesterday and was driving on I-40 when a OKC PD crime unit truck pulled up behind me with his lights on. I exited on Reno and pulled over, he stormed up to my car yelling. I informed him I had a loaded firearm in my glovebox and handed him my CCW. He opened my door and drew his gun and told me to get out and put my hands on my hood as he stood with a gun pointed towards my back.

Then he proceded to rant "I'm in control now motherfer' he took my gun out of my glove box and still had his weapon drew pointed right at my back. During all this he is screaming at the top of his lungs at me. I had no idea what was going on. I really though he was going to shoot me. Next thing I new there were 4 cops cars,,yes 4 cop cars lined up on Reno all for me going 7 mph over the speed limit.

It was the worst case of shortman syndrome I have ever seen. I ended up getting a ticket for 0-10 over. The whole process too almost an hour. The officers name is 'Testanich'.

I'm filing a formal complaint with the department. Is there anything else I can do?

I was in my suit and driving an '05 Escalade. Not your everyday gansta. No arrests on my record.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 2:27:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Ask for an appointment with the Chief or the Assistant Chief. Expalin what happened. Not much will probably come of it. But I can tell you the other officers probably got on his ass for the BS he pulled unless there was a call out for looking for your type of vehicle.
If you had recorded the contact on a digital voice recorder, something would have come out of it.
Police officers catch hell from their supervisors and the public they serve and they do get wound up just out of fear. That is the only excuse they have. If the circumstances were warranted, and you were in his shoes, you might have acted the same way.
IM inbound.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 3:15:41 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I just got off work yesterday and was driving on I-40 when a OKC PD crime unit truck pulled up behind me with his lights on. I exited on Reno and pulled over, he stormed up to my car yelling. I informed him I had a loaded firearm in my glovebox and handed him my CCW. He opened my door and drew his gun and told me to get out and put my hands on my hood as he stood with a gun pointed towards my back.

Then he proceded to rant "I'm in control now motherfer' he took my gun out of my glove box and still had his weapon drew pointed right at my back. During all this he is screaming at the top of his lungs at me. I had no idea what was going on. I really though he was going to shoot me. Next thing I new there were 4 cops cars,,yes 4 cop cars lined up on Reno all for me going 7 mph over the speed limit.

It was the worst case of shortman syndrome I have ever seen. I ended up getting a ticket for 0-10 over. The whole process too almost an hour. The officers name is 'Testanich'.

I'm filing a formal complaint with the department. Is there anything else I can do?

I was in my suit and driving an '05 Escalade. Not your everyday gansta. No arrests on my record.

He must have been related to the OHP that wanted to fist fight my buddy over
a seatebelt ticket ......
We didn't file a complaint ........ but looking back on it we probably should have that dude needs anger management class's worse than i do

pointing a pistol at someone over a speeding ticket thats under 10 seems a tad extreme.......
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 3:19:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah...and then there's the cop that makes up lies and files internal reports with his agency at a lame attempt to get law abiding citizens in trouble. Of course, that person shall remain anonymous pending departmental action.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 3:23:18 PM EDT
[#4]
I'd think the whole episode woulda been recorded on the dash cam, although I remain cool when having to deal with OKCPD, them guys are a bit trigger happy, I know some indians that have taken the long ride around to the jail house.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 3:37:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Did you ask why the f^ck he had his gun poined at you?
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 4:07:22 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Yeah...and then there's the cop that makes up lies and files internal reports with his agency at a lame attempt to get law abiding citizens in trouble. Of course, that person shall remain anonymous pending departmental action.

How true that is! And even let innocent people go to prison so the officer(s) won't look bad. It doesn't happen that often, but it happens.
My son got stopped by the OKCPD, took his license, let him sit for 20 minutes, then wrote him a ticket for running a stop sign. In the Village, no less! Not the police officer's area, no offense occurred, but he stopped him because of an alert about a Dodge truck.
30 minutes later, he was stopped by the OK County Sheriffs Dept for a "tag light". They let him go after he griped about OKC ticketing him for something he DIDN'T do.
It was all because of that damned alert. OKCPD wrote him a ticket to justify the stop.
I expect that was what happened ot OUBeta. They figured because he was the wrong guy, they should make some justification for the stop.
But you don't know what the officer was wound up for! If he blew his cool over some simple sh*t, he is going to have trouble sooner or later.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 4:20:58 PM EDT
[#7]
out here clev co. runs drunk interdiction from 12am till 4am, they come up with all sorts of strange shit to justify their stops, but I'd rather have them nail a DD then have to show up at a wreck involving one.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 6:16:33 PM EDT
[#8]
no offense to any of the respectable LEO's out there and on this board but things like this is why cops are refered to as "pigs" and a lot of peole hate them.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 7:01:33 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
no offense to any of the respectable LEO's out there and on this board but things like this is why cops are refered to as "pigs" and a lot of peole hate them.

Ha Ha, I was at the shawnee agency tues. and I heard the kids singing a rhyme when one of the tribal PD drove up, went something like this, "I smell bacon, I got grease, I see the absentee shawnee police", I had to laugh at that, I ask the ofc. if he's heard the rhyme and he said something like HaHaHa, that shits not funny, we have to put up with enough shit from these kids without that, I just laughed, rubbed my eyes and said wahwahwah.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 7:42:33 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ha Ha, I was at the shawnee agency tues. and I heard the kids singing a rhyme when one of the tribal PD drove up, went something like this, "I smell bacon, I got grease, I see the absentee shawnee police", I had to laugh at that, I ask the ofc. if he's heard the rhyme and he said something like HaHaHa, that shits not funny, we have to put up with enough shit from these kids without that, I just laughed, rubbed my eyes and said wahwahwah.

Haha,  yeah.  Sometimes I want to play some of the old school gangsta rap from NWA and Ice Cube,  esp "F**k The Police".  And I dont even listen to rap or any of that shit.   I just have had to many bad taste left in my mouth from my expeirences. I totally understand why I got a lot of shit from my wasted loader days but damn,  I am 26 and have grown up, have actually been a very good citizen for many years and have a very good career going for me,  not to mention a spotless record all the way around.  Yet I still catch shit for whatever reason from LEO's of all ages that think they are better then me and treat me like a criminal.  I just cant stand that shit.

Dont get me wrong I have several LEO friends and such thet I really like that I associate with,  but some of these guys (if not most) can (are) be complete assholes for no reason,  and then wonder why I dont donate to some stupid fund.   /rant
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 8:05:14 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm not excusing bad behavior or poor public relations that some LEOs have, but you don't see the sh*t they put up with! It'll take a good man and turn him into a t*rd sometimes. There is a thing called "professional detachment" that some of them need to work on. They are only human.
When they pull you over, they don't know you from Adam and have to be careful. Sometimes they are forced into being a**holes, other times they just are!
OUbeta has a legitimate complaint. But the officer may lie his way out of it and the other officers may support him (or may not!) If he makes the report in person to the Chief and makes a good presentation of himself, he may get something done. The brass don't like to hear from citizens with legitimate complaints. They may join ranks and ignore the complaint, shove it under the table, or keep it in mind to nail the guy if they have had problems with him before.
OUbeta, ask the brass if this guy is another Ramsey. Use that name and see what happens!
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 8:29:09 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I'm not excusing bad behavior or poor public relations that some LEOs have, but you don't see the sh*t they put up with! It'll take a good man and turn him into a t*rd sometimes. There is a thing called "professional detachment" that some of them need to work on. They are only human.
When they pull you over, they don't know you from Adam and have to be careful. Sometimes they are forced into being a**holes, other times they just are!
OUbeta has a legitimate complaint. But the officer may lie his way out of it and the other officers may support him (or may not!) If he makes the report in person to the Chief and makes a good presentation of himself, he may get something done. The brass don't like to hear from citizens with legitimate complaints. They may join ranks and ignore the complaint, shove it under the table, or keep it in mind to nail the guy if they have had problems with him before.
OUbeta, ask the brass if this guy is another Ramsey. Use that name and see what happens!

I am not just talking about routine traffinc stops.  I understand that they (leo) has know idea who they are dealing with when they pull someone over and have to be extra carefull.  But to continue being a dick to a good law abideing citizen is wrong.  I put up with shit every day to with many of people, the exact same people that any LEO is likely to encounter during a routine traffic stop.  Yet I am still profesional.  What really pushed me over the edge was when I was a victim but yet treated like a criminal.  It was when I wrecked my vehicle on the way to work when I had been working 7 12's.  It was on a sunday at around 6 am on the opening weekend of rifle season.  I live 60 miles from work so I driva a lot.  Anyway a vehicle with its lights off was backing out of a trail going nto a field off the highway (most likely a poacher),  I aproach hime and he is in my lane so i over corrected and flipped my vehicle that I had for about 4-5 monthes.  The other person fled.  I did what I thought was right by reporting it and was treated like shit as soon as the OHP got there.  He treated me like I had no buisness on the highway at that time of day  (hello I have a job to asshole) and called me a lier when I told him my story.  When My perents got ther to pick me up (since I had flipped my vehicle and totalled it ad been sitting on the side of the highway in the cold and darkness for a ong tim)  The OHP got real shitty with them and told them to leave becuase they were in his way and didnt need to be there.  My mom and dad who is the nicest people in the world were just worried to death about me and then greated by this asshole.  After the "infestigation"  Me and him gotten into it after he wrote me a 2 point citation for no reaon.

I guess what I am trying to say is that a lot of LEO have no heart at all or just pissed that I make more then they do but IDK.  Like I said I like many of them and I know that alot of them do a good job and put up with a bunch of BS but there are just to many blow hards.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 8:43:54 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I guess what I am trying to say is that a lot of LEO have no heart at all or just pissed that I make more then they do but IDK.  Like I said I like many of them and I know that alot of them do a good job and put up with a bunch of BS but there are just to many blow hards.

Jeff, I've got some real reasons to be pissed at the OKCPD. Not all of them, but a few of them.
Nobody would believe the story.
IM inbound.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 8:52:16 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

I guess what I am trying to say is that a lot of LEO have no heart at all or just pissed that I make more then they do but IDK.  

Yeah that's the most likely explenation.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 8:59:02 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I guess what I am trying to say is that a lot of LEO have no heart at all or just pissed that I make more then they do but IDK.  

Yeah that's the most likely explenation.

Whatever dude.  I am totally respectful and always profesional in these situatons yet I have been treated like shit in return so many times.  So you tell me why?  This is what I call bad customer service.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 9:08:50 PM EDT
[#16]
Jeff, you're 26, obviously a big man, which puts a lot of LEOs on their guard automatically.
You fit in the category of their worst nightmares so they come off aggressive. I've had more run ins with LEOs than I care to admit, even been hooked up a couple of times. Because I'm a pretty good sized boy and at the time, not scared of much. It showed and they had to protect themselves.
My son had more than one opportunity to work in a PD, even the Capitol Police when I worked at the state. But he is like you, he doesn't have much liking for police officers. Because of a few.
Too many get categorized as a**holes because of a few. I'm not making excuses for them, I'm trying to explain why they act the way they do. That IM I sent you should give me a little creditability on this issue, because I have a BIG reason to dislike some of them.
It's called luck of the draw when you have contact with LEOs. The time may come when you will be glad to see the right one show up. Look at it that way from now on and it may be a little more palatable.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 9:22:58 PM EDT
[#17]
Dan scared me so bad when I first met him I immediately resorted to my training and began pistol whipping him.

Here is the way I see it....  If you have a valid complaint then file one because most of the officers that get complaints are repeat offenders and need to be handled.  On the other side of the coin though, if you were treated very well then pick up the phone and let a supervisor know that too.  But if you just think you're special for some reason then don't make a BS complaint cause you will look like an idiot when they play back the video tape.  Seen that a couple times.  The best is when they come down in person to complain and watch the tape and just get up and walk out and don't say anything.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 9:27:31 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Jeff, you're 26, obviously a big man, which puts a lot of LEOs on their guard automatically.

Not as big as Big Foot

Quoted:
You fit in the category of their worst nightmares so they come off aggressive.

What category is that?  I can understand profileing terrorist or serial killers but what category am I in?  Being mid 20's and 250lbs?
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 9:51:42 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

What category is that?  I can understand profileing terrorist or serial killers but what category am I in?  Being mid 20's and 250lbs?

Yep, exactly! They don't want their ass whipped so they have to be tough acting. Ain't nothin' more macho than being in LE work.
I'm not excusing that attitude, but that is the way it is. Listen up, learn from it, and your contact with LE will go better.
I once helped clear an MP5  two RESERVES from the OK sheriff dept had at the OKC gun club. They weren't supposed to be shooting it out there and the gun had jammed on them. Back when JD was the sheriff they could take that stuff out to play with it. The mags were sharp edged and jammed the shells up. I dropped the stock  and trigger group out, pulled out the bolt carrier/bolt, and cleared the SMG. We shot the shit for a long time.
Several months later I caught them in a convenience store and started jacking them up.
They didn't recognize me and started to get pissed. Then I mentioned the MP5. They grinned after that. Believe me, even reserves get paranoid in some situations. It gets developed from dealing with the worst people. Sometimes they can't tell the good guys from the turds to they treat everybody like turds!
Besides, all of them are jealous of me because of my superior intelligence, incredible good looks, and obvious modesty!
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 10:01:38 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Dan scared me so bad when I first met him I immediately resorted to my training and began pistol whipping him.

Come on, Josh! Tell the truth! You only pistol whipped me after I showed you how to shoot plates!

Josh and I went to the OKC Gun Club and shot one day. I hadn't popped a cap with a handgun in seveal months because of the shoulder surgeries. I did much better than I expected to because I was trying hard to impress Josh.
We had fun and I enjoyed it!
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 4:16:48 AM EDT
[#21]
Danc has some very good words of wisdom. As he said not to make excuses for the man- because he had no reason to pull his pistol in the first place. I couldn't take or handle all the trash they deal. People who flat out lie about what they know they were doing, guess its hard to want to believe anybody. Hope things go good for you when you talk to the chief.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 7:53:50 AM EDT
[#22]
Hey Dan I have since replaced my front sight with a taller one so we are going to have to have a rematch so I can do my peanut butter jelly dance....

Link Posted: 2/9/2006 8:12:28 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Hey Dan I have since replaced my front sight with a taller one so we are going to have to have a rematch so I can do my peanut butter jelly dance....

Bring it on! It'll be fun!
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 2:34:34 PM EDT
[#24]
Danc
     Your starting to sound like JD aka shutzee.......    
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 2:38:41 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Bring it on! It'll be fun!

I wish i was closer I'd show you guys how good a criminal can shoot
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 2:56:45 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

hell the way I do it is, stand behind something, aim, bambambam, fire three times then yell stop or I'll shoot, repete as necessary.

Link Posted: 2/9/2006 3:10:25 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

hell the way I do it is, stand behind something, aim, bambambam, fire three times then yell stop or I'll shoot, repete as necessary.

I'm going to keep watch to see when the next 3 gun match is at OKC Gun Club. Then we'll see who can shoot, IF someone shows up! But I'm sure something will come up and that somebody won't be able to come!
Ndenway has the right idea!
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 5:34:38 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm going to keep watch to see when the next 3 gun match is at OKC Gun Club. Then we'll see who can shoot, IF someone shows up! But I'm sure something will come up and that somebody won't be able to come!
Ndenway has the right idea!

Danc
If i can make it i'll be their.......
I've never done a 3 gun match......
The only real competitions i ever shot in were IPSC  IIRC it's been 15~ yrs ago..........
My timer quit working several yrs ago probably 7~ .... and since i was always slow i never bothered replacing it....... but I still like to shoot
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 6:10:30 PM EDT
[#29]
what exactly is a three gun match, do you use the same gun on three different courses, or use three guns on the same course?
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 6:45:31 PM EDT
[#30]
I believe it's a pistol, rifle, shotgun match.

I haven't done one, but I have a buddy that does it.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 6:47:35 PM EDT
[#31]
As Danc said,we can only imagine the actual circumstances involved in that particular case or what call the PD had.
On it's face,it sounds like you were sh!t assed for no reason.
If you were mistreated,you definitely need to file a report and keep on them until you get (hopefully) satisfactory results.
While there are LEOs that definitely abuse their position,there are also administrators that hold them accountable believe it or not.
I've known a lot of LEOs good and bad.
The bad ones get weeded out eventually...ususally.
The ones I know now are all upstanding people who take their jobs seriously but obviously they are only human just like us.
I'll tell you this though,i've been put through the ringer unfairly by LEOs more than a few times and if i had the chance to put the screws to one that is an a-hole,I wouldn't hesitate.

Link Posted: 2/9/2006 7:34:56 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Yeah,that would suck,indeed.
I can't *wait* to hear that story.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 7:47:40 PM EDT
[#33]
:sigh:

Go away, troll.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 8:19:15 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
:sigh:

Go away, troll.

;sigh;
waiting on pics of toenails with acman painted on them
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 9:01:41 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
[.... and since i was always slow i never bothered replacing it....... but I still like to shoot

Ain't nobody gonna be slower than me with my bad legs. It ain't about how fast it's about how much fun we could have.
Whether we had 3 guns or 3 matches! Over 3 days or 3 months.
It's pretty much shooting the same set of targets, in 3 different scores, one iwth pistol, one with rifle, one with shotgun., and the total of all 3. I'm not sure had many legs are done with each.
But it would be fun. I should have gone to the last one, but I couldn't talk my son into going.
Hate going to crap like that alone. I might need somebody's shoulder to cry on if I found out I'm only good once and not as good as I once was! (Toby Keith stole that line from me! )
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 9:27:00 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:
[.... and since i was always slow i never bothered replacing it....... but I still like to shoot

Ain't nobody gonna be slower than me with my bad legs. It ain't about how fast it's about how much fun we could have.
Whether we had 3 guns or 3 matches! Over 3 days or 3 months.
It's pretty much shooting the same set of targets, in 3 different scores, one iwth pistol, one with rifle, one with shotgun., and the total of all 3. I'm not sure had many legs are done with each.
But it would be fun. I should have gone to the last one, but I couldn't talk my son into going.
Hate going to crap like that alone. I might need somebody's shoulder to cry on if I found out I'm only good once and not as good as I once was! (Toby Keith stole that line from me! )

I'm all about it if i can go I'll be their.....
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 7:51:53 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
As Danc said,we can only imagine the actual circumstances involved in that particular case or what call the PD had.
If you were mistreated,you definitely need to file a report and keep on them until you get (hopefully) satisfactory results.
While there are LEOs that definitely abuse their position,there are also administrators that hold them accountable believe it or not.
The ones I know now are all upstanding people who take their jobs seriously but obviously they are only human just like us.
I'll tell you this though,i've been put through the ringer unfairly by LEOs more than a few times and if i had the chance to put the screws to one that is an a-hole,I wouldn't hesitate.

I filled a formal complaint. I talked with several buddies on the OKCPD force and they pretty much told me the same thing. Nice guy, but he has a temper and he has had several complaints against him last year. One complaint was just like mine from a woman. This guy needs canned
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 3:12:56 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I filled a formal complaint. I talked with several buddies on the OKCPD force and they pretty much told me the same thing. Nice guy, but he has a temper and he has had several complaints against him last year. One complaint was just like mine from a woman. This guy needs canned

Well,you did your part which is a good thing.
If the list of complaints keeps piling up maybe they will oust him.....good riddance.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 6:05:17 PM EDT
[#39]
Finf out who is Major is and file a complaint.  Don't piss off the Major!
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 6:33:51 PM EDT
[#40]
If the officer has had several complaints filed against him for unprofessional behavior, oubeta may have been the one that broke the camel's back.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 8:28:24 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
If the officer has had several complaints filed against him for unprofessional behavior, oubeta may have been the one that broke the camel's back.

Hope so for everyones sake.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top