Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/3/2006 10:12:35 PM EDT
WTF is up with that?
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 10:46:01 PM EDT
[#1]
first I heard of it, they been for years hauling parts of it off, but I didn't think it was totaly gone, guess I need to get over to that side of town to check it out, or at least drive by more often.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 10:58:34 PM EDT
[#2]
that sucks.......
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 4:20:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Yeah it was in the paper this last week. Leveled it to make room for some business b/s. They found some artifacts in it while they leveled it like a spent shell that had a tree growing through it, you know it was a Naval backstop for a firin range. And....now its gone.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 4:38:48 AM EDT
[#4]
There is lots of new construction near I-35 from Moore to Norman right now.  I was told about 5 months ago that a massive shopping mall was going to be built  there and the old firing back drop would be leveled.

A new Home Depot is nearly complete at SE 19th in Moore.  We also have the worldest largest luxury 20-plex theater in progress.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 4:42:06 AM EDT
[#5]
hell of a deal, I've lived in Norman all my life and didn't know, guess I need to visit NW Norman more often.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 1:31:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 7:05:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Super target here it comes...........
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 4:38:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Yep, when I heard it would be gone, my son's and I took our 87 Toyota 4Runner to the site and took pics from all directions at ground level, then put it in low and drove it to the top and took pics from up there...
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 7:41:41 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
OU owns that lands.  They gave out 100 yr leases and are getting ready to make big bucks.

Yep. OU is going to make a killing off that spot of land. Get ready for another eyesore like Ed Noble and a few more miles of cars.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top