Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/31/2006 8:45:56 AM EDT
Yesterday, I had a crew putting in a french drain system beside the house. We also had carpet cleaners come in at the same time. My son comes walking in, goes to the bathroom. The front door was open, only the storm door between us and outside world.
All of a sudden, the door opens up, and a young man walks in. I thought for a second it was one of Matt's friends. The carpet gal and I look up when he walks in, and I say Matt is in the bathroom.
He says, I don't want Matt, I'm so and so brother. And I said "who the f**k are you? Matt comes walking by the guy as he is heading back into the house. I start after him, with an S&W in my hand, and the guy comes back and says I've got the wrong house. And is out the door.
The crew working on the french drain tells me he pulled up in the drive way with a beer in his hand, hit their trailer, jumps out and runs in the house. Well he was running back to the car and down the street he went as fast as the car could go.
The crew is standing there with their mouths open because I have a gun in my hand. I got his tag number and called the police.
The guy was drunk and I honestly hope he really had the wrong house. But I sure got strange looks from the carpet gal when the Smith came out of my pocket. And the Mexican crew working on the drain system were buzzing after I came out of the house with the gun in my hand. I never pointed it at the guy but he sure hot footed it when he saw the gun.
Matt goes "Who the f*ck was that?" then shrugged his shoulders and went on!
Wierd day yesterday was!
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 12:50:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Stay frosty and watch your six buddy, he could have been casing your place.

Link Posted: 1/31/2006 3:01:17 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

I hope I don't catch him back in the house. Cleaning blood and guts up off the carpet plus all the hassle of explaining again and again to the police what happened would NOT BE FUN!
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 7:21:14 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I hope I don't catch him back in the house. Cleaning blood and guts up off the carpet plus all the hassle of explaining again and again to the police what happened would NOT BE FUN!

Just a thought:  If you think he might be back in the next few days, you could lay a plastic drop cloth now.  It beats the hell out of scrubbing blood from the carpet.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 10:15:11 PM EDT
[#4]
The way unusual sh*t happens to me is almost a daily occurrence. If I put a drop cloth down, the police would probably accuse me of premeditated murder! And even if they didn't, I'd probably get blood and guts on the wall! Then I'd be dead cuz momma don't like no blemish on her new house!
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 4:23:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Thats awesome!!
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 10:32:30 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 11:37:41 AM EDT
[#7]
I'd take his ass out the door with my hands and feet before I'd shoot his ass! Shooting someone when you don't have too is a stupid mistake.  We can kid about blood and guts on the carpet and walls, but IT IS NOT FUNNY when the real thing happens.
The bad thing is I have some things I need to be doing but I probably won't leave the house for a week or just in case.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 12:47:25 PM EDT
[#8]
yeah Dan thats one of the draw backs to owning alot of nice things, somebodies always wanting to steal it, and when the do steal it, its always something you like, they don't ever steal the stuff you don't like, I on the other hand have seen the light and don't own anything of great value, if some thieving sonsabitches break into my house thier going to be real disapointed, all I've got to my name is a broke down couch and a tv that only catches three stations, a king sized bed with two blankets and a clothes washer with a bad bearing.

MLW>"<
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 1:33:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Brother L, I'm really lucky, I have to admit. But my possessions mean nothing compared to the welfare of my family and friends. Those are my most prized possessions.
Shooting someone anyway does not give the same satisfaciton as whipping them so bad they have to permanently shuffle sideways with a permanent limp!
But then again getting whipped by a midget doesn't do much for your self esteem either!
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 1:58:05 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Shooting someone anyway does not give the same satisfaciton as whipping them so bad they have to permanently shuffle sideways with a permanent limp!

ah! but maimming has its drawbacks also, you'd lose your ass in a civil case and the state would have its input in that also, as opposed to a dead man having no grief, you'd still have to go through the scrutiny of the state and possible wrongful death suit by the family, but such is the liberal thinking of most people these days, the criminals almost always have more rights than the victim.

MLW>"<
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 2:08:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Yep, that's what the ADA in Logan County told me. "We have to protect the rights of the guilty as well as the innocent." To which I replied, "You mean you don't prosecute someone who can vote in Logan County?"
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top