Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/26/2006 4:02:34 PM EDT
I rarely go anywhere without my husband, who carries. But when I do, I'd feel more comfortable with a pistol...just like I feel more comfortable with a cellphone. Just in case, ya know?

So, is it worth it?

And then, which gun would I carry? I'm guessing one of the Glock 19's. Stick it in the daiper bag? LOL!

Nobody will expect some overwieght lady towing three small kids to be packing!
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 4:05:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes it is worth it, the "cops" will not be there when you need protection, it is up to you to defend yourslef and your family.

Get you CWL, try many many handguns to find what is right for you, and then practice with it often.

Link Posted: 1/26/2006 4:08:35 PM EDT
[#2]
::sigh::

I know. Let's just say I do what's necessary to protect my children.

I guess I'll need to take one of those damn classes. Is there a good, relatively inexpensive one close to Tulsa?
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 4:26:27 PM EDT
[#3]
The class is easy to take, no big deal, 4 hours class room and 4 hors class/range time.

Dont know about Tulsa area.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 4:45:30 PM EDT
[#4]
I recommend getting one.  If you want a automatic you may check into the XD line.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 4:51:12 PM EDT
[#5]
I'd get one, but guns frighten me something terrible.

MLW>"<
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 5:53:44 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I'd get one, but guns frighten me something terrible.

MLW>"<

Guns don't frighten me, but being in the vicinity of one of your farts, does!

Sister, get one! Shoot the class with a semiauto, that way you can carry whatever you want.
My everyday pocket pistol is a S&W J-frame, 442 5 shot 38 Sp. Nice little pocket gun!
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:20:03 PM EDT
[#7]
I used to have a 38 S&W J frame, 2 inch nickel finish...loved shooting that thing.

Had a Ruger P85, 9mm blued that was a blast to shoot.

Had to sell them both to pay for the movers to get my happy ass back to Oklahoma!

Miss those guns...

I'll take one of the Glocks to the range. I like them, and I can hit what I'm aiming at with them.

Guess I need to send off for a packet in the morning.

Link Posted: 1/27/2006 7:10:41 AM EDT
[#8]
I agree, don't be caught dead without a CCW. Because the safety of the Glock is your finger & brain, and you mentioned carrying in a diaper bag, I recommend the Saf-T-Blok. http://members.aol.com/saftblok/
If the trigger isn't protected by a holster which covers the trigger, I won't carry without the Saf-T-Blok.

Link Posted: 1/27/2006 9:42:47 AM EDT
[#9]
Of course, I wouldn't carry it without a holster. It has a good one it lives in now. Duh. Just like a revolver, it won't go boom unless the trigger is pulled...by a finger or something that catches in it.

Huh. Turns out the old man has an extra packet here.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 10:20:03 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Of course, I wouldn't carry it without a holster. It has a good one it lives in now. Duh. Just like a revolver, it won't go boom unless the trigger is pulled...by a finger or something that catches in it.

Huh. Turns out the old man has an extra packet here.

Didn't mean to insult your intelligence but there are some people who  may not have enough sense to know better. Hope you get your CCW soon.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top