Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/14/2006 3:36:09 PM EDT
Natchez Shooting Supplies has the Lake City (Federal) 62 gr Green Tip on sale for $179.99 per thousand. With shipping to OKC, my cost was a few cents short of $200. Not as good a price as Wolf . but still a good price for the ammo and $30 cheaper than Ammoman.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 5:19:09 PM EDT
[#1]
is it PD or boxed

just wndering since the last boxe m193 i go was so shitty iwouldnt consider buying pd

I'm being completely serious hear danc.........I always try to put back half of the good stuff for when times are tough / MZB are in the wire ........... the last boxed ammo i got was so shitty i've just been taking a little out at a time an blasting it with the wolf.....

which truly sucks since it cost almost double what wolf does..........

If its pd i think the last price i looked at it was 300 for 2k plus shiping........but after my last batch of boxed ammo I figured i was just as well off with wolf i've yet to have to throw away any wolf some of the xm193 i wouldn't even shoot
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 5:51:18 PM EDT
[#2]
I concur about the PD stuff. Lots of crap rounds mixed in with that stuff. Dented, deformed cases, rolled case mouths, etc. It makes Wolf look like Federal Match.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 6:02:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Well, the first two thousand rounds - loose packed in one box - have looked pretty good and shot well so far. Around 250 rds total fired from both. I hope I didn't get screwed this time!
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 6:23:55 PM EDT
[#4]
If it's packed loose, it's the PD.  Good luck!
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 8:32:17 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I concur about the PD stuff. Lots of crap rounds mixed in with that stuff. Dented, deformed cases, rolled case mouths, etc. It makes Wolf look like Federal Match.

Bad thing was mine was boxed xm193 it was not pd

Around 250 rds total fired from both.

don't you know a AR needs at least 600 rnds of wolf run threw it to break it in
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 8:50:48 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Around 250 rds total fired from both.

don't you know  YOUR AR needs at least 20 rnds of wolf run threw it to break it

Fixed it for you, ACman!
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 9:01:42 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
If it's packed loose, it's the PD.  Good luck!

A buddy keeps bugging me - "Why don't you order me some, too?" I guess if the ammo is sh*t, I'll break him of bugging me about ammo. I'll tell him - "Here's your ammo, you owe me $200."
But I have to say, the other ammo I ordered looks pretty good and has fired really well.
The RRA I built up from ACman's lower has been a damn good shooter with it. We were halfway lit on apricot wine and hitting a 3" pipe almost every shot at 200 meters on the Cimarron a couple of months ago. Watching the sparks fly was funnier than hell when you're halfway lit and hitting the target!
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 5:56:34 AM EDT
[#8]
hell I just wished I had some friends that'd buy me a case of wolf apiece for my birthday

MLW>"<
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 8:08:46 AM EDT
[#9]
Just walked in the door and the ammo was sitting there on the porch. Opened it up and it looks pretty good for bulk packed ammo. Mixed headstamps - same mfg but different years - in the lot with only a few dented shoulders, no corroded ammo or such. I looked over at least 50 rds from all dfferent depths in the box. From that inspection and having shot some of this same stuff before, I think I did OK! Not as cheap as Wolf, but it is AMERICAN made and will be shot in AMERICAN made rifles.
Last comment especially for my boys ACman and Rat! But I do have to shoot some 223 Wolf out of Rat's rifle just to ease the agitation!
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 4:32:29 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Not as cheap as Wolf, but it is AMERICAN made and will be shot in AMERICAN made rifles.
Last comment especially for my boys ACman and Rat! But I do have to shoot some 223 Wolf out of Rat's rifle just to ease the agitation!

No, we're shooting it out of YOUR uber elite AR so we can test the groupings....remember Dan?!?!?!? Here you are again backpeddling from what you stated in a previous post. You said something like "my elite AR gets really good groupings with American ammo compared to the Foreign stuff" remember...and you're supposed to buck up and either tell us you've shot wolf through your AR and it hasn't grouped well.....or....you're going to shoot approximately 5 rounds of high quality polymer coated 55 gr Wolf and 5 rounds of high quality polymer coated 62 gr Wolf ammo for grouping tests....out of YOUR AR!! I know yer kinda old n probly a little forgetful but I have a good memory so I'm glad I could remind you! hahahaha  
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 5:13:15 PM EDT
[#11]
No Rat, I never said any such thing about shooting Wolf or any steel cartridges out of my ARs. Because I've NEVER done and NEVER will! If you look back through the posts, I talked about shooting steel cases out of my Mini14 and sparks flying on the shells being ejected. That is one of the reasons I won't shoot any more steel cased ammo out of my American rifles.
You're slipping up Rat! Do a search and check the posts!
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 5:48:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Oh yeah, you, trying to disguise what you're saying, said you either have or you would. I'm readin between the lines here Dan....you said..........

Quoted: I bought an RRA complete lower with collapsible stock from SOMEBODY here on this site. It has made one hell of an accurate rifle when I got an RRA upper.  The rifle is fabulously accurate with GOOD ammo, not that steel commblock crap!

You can't claim that this AR shoots better with "GOOD" ammo. How do you know it doesn't shoot good if you haven't used the "steel commonblock crap". So....post up the pics of the groupings you shot with your AR and Wolf ammo. Now if you're going to test this theory out at a soon coming up get together. I'll bring the ammo and digital cam so we can test this theory.......Unless......you're chicken.....afraid to find out that maybe Wolf shoots as good out of your rifle as the "GOOD" stuff does.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 7:23:42 AM EDT
[#13]
Rat, I AM NOT going to shoot those steel cartridges out of my ARs, plain and simple. And when you bring up "commblock steel crap" and Wolf at the same time, is that an admission on your part that is really what you think about Wolf? For all you know, I might have been talking about Silver Bear or Barnual ammo - they make 223 also - and not Wolf!
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 9:27:18 AM EDT
[#14]
I know what you were refering to when you said that Dan, thats why I went ahead and filled in what you were leaving out, Wolf. I know you were talkin about wolf cause no other "cheap" ammo has been discussed here in a long time. I mentioned some other brand of cheap stuff after I picked some up from the gun show a couple weeks ago. But thats as far as that went.  So, we all know you're talkin about Wolf.  And I think Wolf is the best thing since sliced bread!! So when are we going to do an accuracy test on your AR with Wolf??
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 3:56:35 PM EDT
[#15]
Rat, I'm going to have to spank you! We do need to do some long range shooting at the OKC Gun Club, you can bring your Dad - great guy (where did he go wrong with you?) and then we can do some real accuracy work!
It would be cool to shoot with you and your dad!
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 6:04:30 PM EDT
[#16]
why are you paying to have this stuff shipped in when your local BRIGADOON MILITARY SURPLUS store has real LC SS109 for $190 plus tax?  Now I know why the Manager there is so cranky some days.  Besides UPS left my ;ast ammo order on the porch in the rain (when is the last time it rained in OK?)
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 6:13:31 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
why are you paying to have this stuff shipped in when your local BRIGADOON MILITARY SURPLUS store has real LC SS109 for $190 plus tax?  Now I know why the Manager there is so cranky some days.  Besides UPS left my ;ast ammo order on the porch in the rain (when is the last time it rained in OK?)

It is REAL Lake City SS109. After tax, I still got it cheaper than I would have at Brigadoons.
I bought 500 rds of Barnual 7.62x39 in there a few months ago and Mark told me I was lucky, he was about to mark it up again. It was already $15 higher than I could have bought it on the internet. That kind of set me sideways with Brigadoons.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top