Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/10/2006 3:10:26 PM EDT
T. Boone Pickins donated $165,000,000 to the OSU athletic Dept. today.  Maybe now they can get a good coach and develop a good football team!
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 3:21:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Or buy one!
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 4:21:01 PM EDT
[#2]
should be able to buy a national championship with that kinda dough.

MLW>"<
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 10:13:31 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
T. Boone Pickins donated $165,000,000 to the OSU athletic Dept. today.  Maybe now they can get a good coach and develop a good football team!

So now you are admitting that OSU doesn't/hasn't had a good football team?

Link Posted: 1/11/2006 6:18:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Why do they want to keep adding seats to the "rust bucket" up there. They've never been able to consistently fill it up as it is! Most of the time it gets filled up is when the visiting team brings a bunch of fans to the game.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 10:28:03 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Um, doubtful...

Quote from every OSU fan "Our wrestling program is better than OU", whatever...  When they start showing collegiate wrestling on Saturday's instead of football I may care.

Maybe they will use the money to point the stadium North and South like every other stadium in the free world.

BOOMER SOONER!
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 3:45:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Wonderful isn't it? I go to school here, and just about every student I know is pissed off. We need a place to park our damn cars, not a new athletic village.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 7:34:20 PM EDT
[#7]
parking lots don't win games or potential national championships.

bet the athletes don't have trouble finding a parking spot.

MLW>"<
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 7:40:23 PM EDT
[#8]
A lot of the damn money is going to get eaten up in "administrative costs". T. Boone Pickens didn't give them money flat out, he gave them the "promise" of money on paper. I can't explain the finances, nobody probably can. It's a tax dodge and not a real contribution to the OSU students.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 6:18:35 PM EDT
[#9]
yes, and now a few hundred people will be displaced from their homes so that EMINENT DOMAIN can clear them out in the name of FOOOTBALL!  Stillwater  has been the site of a few AK 'build parties,' so maybe will see some action when the OSU Eminent Domain bulldozers come to push Ma and Pa Kettle off their land.  Nah, probaly not, no one has any balls any more (substitute 'ovaries or intestinal fortitude' for my non-masculine readers.)  Besides, football is more important to most Oklahomans that Human rights or dignity.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 3:22:43 AM EDT
[#10]
There's also a ton of us out here that don't watch sports and could care less about football or any other ball.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top