Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/20/2005 3:40:35 PM EDT
This rifle kicks ass period end of story..................
BTW I will be starting a thread in the pit about my new taurus ask jeff the motherfucker will put your eye out............it's a christmas story.........

Link Posted: 12/20/2005 3:51:08 PM EDT
[#1]
sporterized K31??
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 3:51:26 PM EDT
[#2]
I was told it was a schmidt rubin

It looks pretty much like one from the pics I have seen so far ........but I'm no old gun guy
It's marked 308 win .......bolt and receiver matching serial numbers good thing ..............
.....but the detachble mag dont match and the stock is cracked.........

The 5 dollar question is can I get a stock I don't care even if it's synthetic.......I'm looking to make a shooter out of it / truck gun ........I figure with 2000 meter sights it must have been fairly acurate
for its day......

I don't know shit about old foreign made guns all help will be apreciated.........
The guy offere it to me for 80bucks .......I told him to give me a day or two.......
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 4:35:46 PM EDT
[#3]
if its just going to be a truck gun, I'd use some epoxy on the stock and call it good, as for being a 308 win. I'd make sure, its probably an arsenal rebuild or something, the schmidt rubin was a 7.5 x something another,

MLW>"<
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 4:56:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Yeah, it's definitely a Schmit Rubin. The bolt pulls straight back, no rotation. They are accurate guns but if it is a 308, I'd damn sure be surprised. Like Ndenway says, it is a 7.5 Swiss round.
Epoxy the stock, look for parts at Numrich Arms. They will have it for that rifle at a moderate price. Not cheap, but not a bank breaker either.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 5:17:10 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Yeah, it's definitely a Schmit Rubin. The bolt pulls straight back, no rotation. They are accurate guns but if it is a 308, I'd damn sure be surprised. Like Ndenway says, it is a 7.5 Swiss round.
Epoxy the stock, look for parts at Numrich Arms. They will have it for that rifle at a moderate price. Not cheap, but not a bank breaker either.

It is stamped 308 win....... came with a box of ammo marke ditributor century arms 308 soft point made in yugoslavia prvi partizan

I found a websit it appears to be a 1911 converted to 308.... 5 question now is is it safe to shoot
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 6:47:17 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Quoted:

I found a websit it appears to be a 1911 converted to 308.... 5 question now is is it safe to shoot

well heres several easys ways to find out, load that bad boy up and hand it off to your BIL and have him shoot it, or load it up and if your right handed, then hold the rifle in your left hand and stand behind a big tree and hold the rifle in front of tree, then pull the trigger, if it doesn't blow up its probably safe to try it several more times untill your satisfied that it won't blow up and stick the bolt in your eye, and lastly tie it to a bench or something and put a string on the trigger and stand a safe distance back, then jerk the string and duck.

MLW>"<
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 7:30:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Frankenschmidt? Finding a mag for that may be a real beast!
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 8:58:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 4:01:31 PM EDT
[#9]
btt cause this rifle is kick ass read at the top
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 5:15:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
BTW I will be starting a thread in the pit about my new taurus ask jeff the motherfucker will put your eye out............it's a christmas story.........

that as in its very accurate, or is it spitting lead out between the cylider and the barrel?

what the hell the pits been closed?, guess JP and MB didn't like all the COP/LE bashing, cause the sticky said "closed do to all the whining and crying".

guess your gonna have to post your tarus review somewhere else, like in GD or the handgun forum.

MLW>"<
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 8:36:41 PM EDT
[#11]
I believe Schmidt-Rubin did chamber some of their rifles for .308
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 2:18:56 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I believe Schmidt-Rubin did chamber some of their rifles for .308

If my research was correct your right they did but it was a later model acording to all the pictures that I've compared this one to it is a 96/11 and from what the guys tell me at gunboadrds in the swiss rifle section.....this one shoots like a charm and extracts the shells good wich seems to have been a comon problem..........

I don't think its really worth anything but I'd still like to have half dozen more at that price
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top