Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/5/2005 3:33:07 PM EDT
Last year, my son took two of his buddies deer hunting just before Christmas. One had just gotten back from Iraq. Anyway, the hunt only lasted 10 minutes.
Everything he knows about deer hunting he learned from his dad!

Link Posted: 10/6/2005 3:57:31 AM EDT
[#1]
D., you really know how to hurt a guy......

I was thinking about bring this along, just for kicks...

Picked it up yesterday afternoon. You can drag yours out .....
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 5:37:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Dan is probly too sore to be able to get his out to play on....so....being the generous person that I am....I will be more than happy to get it out for him.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 7:21:22 AM EDT
[#3]
My 2 Polarises are 96 models and get used for going to high mountain lakes for trout.
For deer, the old Dodge Diesel 4x4 works pretty fair. That's why I shoot them in the field and not in the woods. Hell, anybody can shoot a deer in the woods! Well, maybe almost anybody!
You'll notice in that picture of the boys and two does a pickup is in the background.
They had only just gotten out of the truck and spread out when Tony, the one just back from Iraq, went on point like he was in downtown Baghdad. My son and Andrew stopped immediately!
Tony turns around and gives them a big smile and thumbs up before he turns and shoots.
A doe pops up and starts running and Andrew drops it. They thought Tony had missed.
They had to drag the deer about 20 yards to a oil pump lease road to load them up.
Not all my deer came that easy at their age.
On that one place I have probably killed 6 to 8 deer over the last 10 years. On that same 240 acres of grass my son once pulled the sneak on 4 does in a plum thicket and didn't realize I was behind and to the side of him when he shot at 75 yards with a black powder rifle. The doe weighted in at over a 100 lbs! Tony watched the whole thing from 200 yards and never got a shot.
Later on that year I ran a buck and 5 does within 30 yards of Tony and he never fired. He had not loaded one and clicked on an empty chamber.
The stories I can tell about deer hunting with my son, Tony, Old Bud would fill volumes.
You may not believe this but...Matthew does not want me too close when we hunt deer. The competition must be too tough for him!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top