Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/3/2005 5:07:00 PM EDT
Yours truly, with a young buck I shot that evening walking out of the woods, I saw him walking through some scrub oaks, I knelt down and he walked out broadside to me about 30 yards and stopped, looking west, I fired 1shott and dropped him.

forkhorn 103 pounds.

Link Posted: 10/3/2005 6:01:36 PM EDT
[#1]
alll I see are the two red x's of his eyes.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 6:43:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Here's a picture of a buck my son didn't let go by. Shot in Vici last weekend of the season last year. He's a picky little t*rd when it comes to shooting deer. He's also one hell of a shot. I've seen him take deer out to 300 yards with his 308. We really like shooting them in the wheat.

Link Posted: 10/3/2005 10:31:57 PM EDT
[#3]
D. You keep on doing this to me, and we are REALLY  going to have to have a LONG TALK...
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 4:59:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Oh yeah, I didn't even bother with a rifle for this one, I just chased her down n pounced on her! lol And the =VX9= thats the online gaming squad I'm in. Yeah I'm a computer nerd as well and I play alot of war games on here.

Link Posted: 10/4/2005 6:08:15 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Here's a picture of a buck my son didn't let go by. Shot in Vici last weekend of the season last year. He's a picky little t*rd when it comes to shooting deer. He's also one hell of a shot. I've seen him take deer out to 300 yards with his 308. We really like shooting them in the wheat.

i8.photobucket.com/albums/a22/danc46/ViciBuck.jpg

That's a nice deer man, too bad about the broken tine though.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 7:14:59 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
D. You keep on doing this to me, and we are REALLY  going to have to have a LONG TALK...

Hell, R. this ain't really a "trophy" like my son wants. It was just the best buck he could get a shot at after seeing 7 or 8 of them with smaller antlers!
The year before last my friend took a buck with NO antlers. Had the buds and organs, no antlers, and weighed 90 lbs.
That is the type of buck I'd rather see killed than one like this.
There is one buck that has at least 12 points with a minimum of 20 in spread  that he has been hunting on one place for two years. He still doesn't believe I've had the opportunity to drop that buck twice last year. But Old Bud will vouch for me on that. The only reason he didn't take it was he hunts with a 30/30 and it was a good 200 to 300 yd off each time we saw it.
To me, shooting the smaller bucks is more important than taking a big one.
So taking a small buck is a good thing to my way of thinking!
My son just doesn't look at it the same way I do!

Rat, one day I'll show you a picture of a doe I did something similar too. It is a little too "profane" to show on the web.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 3:41:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Hey, 1 shott, I forgot to tell you something about your picture!
That looks like a really nice tractor!

I just had to do that! 1shott called and volunteered to help us cull bucks this year!
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 3:54:59 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Hey, 1 shott, I forgot to tell you something about your picture!

That looks like a really nice tractor!

I just had to do that! 1shott called and volunteered to help us cull bucks this year!

I really used to like you.......
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 6:08:00 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I really used to like you.......

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top